1. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software.

Fixes (0.134)

Discussion in 'News' started by schema, Mar 11, 2014.

1. schema

schema Cat God

Hello players,

Thank you for testing! I really hope we can finally finish this release up till the end of the week.

- "skin file does not exist" should no longer spam log on multiplayer (skin files that cannot be sent will stop trying after the 5th time)
      - inventory slot merge bug should be fixed (synchronization issue)
      - fixed NPC-Command menu not working when exiting ship in build mode
      - fixed personal enemies of faction not working
      - personal shop buy/sell permission are now working
      - fixed bug with collection not updating on block removal (e.g. weapons keep working even if all the weapon blocks got removed or shot off)
      - faction members can now salvage faction home in astronaut mode
      - fixed possible deadlock (server freeze) when writing universe data
      - fixed bug where both inventory stacks of the same type would vanish when trying to merge and the sum of both exceeds the maximum stack size

Please be especially careful with this pre-build if you plan to use it on a server, and even in single player please make sure you backup your database before you use this build. Also please don't use this build to work on big projects, as i can't guarantee the data generated by the pre-build to be 100% error free, because a database migration has to be done from the old version.

You can download the build here: http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20140311_132525.zip

(to use that please extract that file into a folder named "StarMade" and put a launcher in the directory below: e.g. if you extract it to c:\users\schema\games\StarMade, the launcher has to be in c:\users\schema\games for it to see the installation)

(The username and password is "dev". The link will be working around 15 minutes after this news post)

This version will be installed on play.star-made.org:4242 to test.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

2. aceface

YAY....FIXES!

3. flpsantoss

Great Work Schema

I nerver see someone work so hard in a game as yu been, thanks.

4. therimmer96

therimmer96 The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher

Please fix the RSS feed at star-made.org/rss.xml. It hasnt been updated in a very long time

5. WereEagleCZ

All photos and thinks ,what you need to know is there https://star-made.org/content/hud-bug-re-send

6. allobrox

Thanks for hard work man!

7. aceface

Does anyone know if StarMade utelizes multiple cpu cores, and if so how many???

8. AmeriChris

I don\'t know what you are. I don\'t know what you do. If you are looking for procrastination, I can tell you I don\'t have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of code; code I have acquired over a very long career. Code that makes me a nightmare for bugs like you. If you let my game go now, that\'ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don\'t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will fix you.

9. H4rros

Every time I press the Windows button the game crashs.
      The Error log says that this is a problem with the Intel graphiccards.

Pls fix this

10. AndyP

AndyP Customer Experience Manager

In case you are using the pre-version of the game:
      start with a clean folder,
      start the game and go to the desired point it will crash (menu/ingame/anything)
      then press your windows key,
      in case it crashed without you changing any setting, get the whole directory
      ...\\StarMade\\logs put in in a zip file, upload it somewhere and send that url to me.
      Will check the log for errormessages, If there are any, ill forward it to the correct position. =)

11. AndyP

AndyP Customer Experience Manager

Thread is missing?

12. adamo265

It\'s the damn credit limit :P My ship is above it :(

13. AdrianK74

Love your work man. I envy you. cant wait to get more into this amazing game.
      Also, one question, will sevrers universes be resetting still?

14. AdrianK74

15. Snapems

My thrusters feel way overpowered. - Did they get a balance change from last stable build? - Can someone link me to that?

16. Shangaran

ive noticed that the turrets on my ships tend to jolt rapidly forwards and backwards as if they are not being updated very fast , anyone else notice this?

17. Captain_Quacer

which updated put a cap on the max stack size and what is the max?

18. KantagaXD

make a search bar for the forums on the site. it is so annoying if you want to show something to your friends but you can\'t find it

19. Captain Fortius

- faction members can now salvage faction home in astronaut mode

Why?

If someone wants to salvage their home base, they\'ll just un-check the faction home marker. If this function gets into the final release, we could accidentally damage our stations, or new recruits could salvage up the base and run off with the materials.

20. Imnon

With this build I\'m noticing a new yellow tint on the reflection of starlight on objects, and it\'s frankly pretty unnattractive. I think I\'d like a little color as opposed to the flat white light from before, but only on planets. Outside of atmospheres the light would be white, and it also looks best when showing off a ship because you gets it\'s \"true\" colors, and not the yellowed colors. Really though, this is just personal preference.

An actual problem that update has caused is that some surfaces are also violently bright, even more so and more often that in previous versions, making them unpleasant to look at at best and impossible to work with at worst. Here\'s an example of some grass on one of my projects: http://imgur.com/a/BkXy0
      You can see that the problem is the worst with the cartoon textures and persists from all angles, however with Oldstyle it\'s only the direct reflection of the star that\'s a problem.

Personally, I\'m going to backdate to 0.133 and hope that this is adjusted/fixed in future builds.