Economic Brainstorm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MacThule, Jan 23, 2019.

1. OfficialCoding

OfficialCoding Currently Fleet Building

wtf

• Like Like x 1
    2. MacThule

Well, I believe he's talking about basic universal income as a way to even out gameplay at the low end, but it seems... over-complicated the way it's written. His English is good but discussing abstractions in a 2nd language is bitch (I certainly couldn't do it in Russian).

I think a basic income (in-game) would be fine and probably help new players deal with The Curve. Just assume all the players are like investment bankers or own continents on some world somewhere. It alleviates despair for noobs and doesn't really affect others since 10K or even 50K credits an hour over a whole day is something an experienced player can drum up in a few minutes even fresh into a server. (it also acts a source of constant liquidity to the economy)

3. MacThule

What about some improvement ideas for the shop interface?

- Ability to adjust whole shop or group (general, ship, station, etc - as with pull groups) buy or sell prices with a single slider to a (integer rounded) percentage higher or lower than the current number. To make shops more accessible and cut tedium.

- Faction pricing - the ability to percentage-modify the buy/sell rates specifically for allies, public, faction members, faction members by rank, etc. (i.e. my faction pays 25% less for everything than the public does, or I charge allies a lot less to help support their efforts).

- Schedule trades in Network mode - Instead of only instant orders allow repeating orders and timed orders, so we can set up regular trade routes and aid convoys.

• Like Like x 3
    4. Sachys

Sachys Hermit.

What about the ability to copy/paste an entire shop setup - either to template, or through an additional window that allows text based input / output? I think the tedium and poor interface for setting up a shop (ie buy / sell prices etc) is one of the greatest barriers to really making use of the trade network etc on any server you set up on.

• Like Like x 3