Disintegrators (un-nerfing)

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    This is derailing from the original topic. The Devs have already said they are not going to add size restrictions or implement a official class system anyways, so just leave that out of this.

Reaction score
    And thus limit the total amount of possible ships? If a ship can only have up to N blocks, the possible arrangements of N blocks limit the amount of possible ships, and thus uniqueness will be removed over time with every new unique ship design.
    Have a configurable and disable-able limit for admins to reduce the load on their servers, yes, but no generally enforced limit.
    No one can give good attention to detail on a ship the size of a planet! Its better to build within a limit because it encourages ingenuity to make your weapons superior to that of the enemy, You might use armor, He might use shields, but if your are clever enough to make a weapon system using support and effects in a powerful combination you could win. It would increase uniqueness because you'd have to use special combos to do damage.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    No one can give good attention to detail on a ship the size of a planet! Its better to build within a limit because it encourages ingenuity to make your weapons superior to that of the enemy, You might use armor, He might use shields, but if your are clever enough to make a weapon system using support and effects in a powerful combination you could win. It would increase uniqueness because you'd have to use special combos to do damage.
    Look, pal, if you want to play on a server with mass limits, play on GenXNova. I like mass limits, personally. My computer isn't very good, and a lot of people use cheaty ways to get their huge ships, so it's a good server for me. But it should not EVER be a default vanilla setting.

Reaction score
    First off, Daniel L I think you should make another topic if you really want to debate this..this one isn't really for what you are talking about. This game isn't like a single-player shmup like r-type where you can slap a battleships main gun on a fighter and blow through entire fleets. Imagine how OP fighters and other small ships would be in groups if they had enough power to threaten capital ships alone? We'd just end up with the inverse of the situation we have now in most cases with people trying to making the biggest ship possible, which would be just as boring IMO

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well. Most dont even use wedges so yeah
    >Don't even use wedges

Boy, I've been running the faction that built those for three years now. If someone caught me making a ship without wedges, they'd string me up from a tree. Have pictures from some different angles.

Reaction score
    >Don't even use wedges

Boy, I've been running the faction that built those for three years now. If someone caught me making a ship without wedges, they'd string me up from a tree. Have pictures from some different angles.

nice ship. but most especially in survival don't use wedges or bother with detail. plus the bigger the ship the less people can even so much as make an effective weapon system, Starmade has a power regen limit that makes more than 1mil regen hard as heck, meaning that the weapons will also reach a limit, its better just to have a size limit so computers don't explode and the beauty of individual ships will be preserved.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    nice ship. but most especially in survival don't use wedges or bother with detail. plus the bigger the ship the less people can even so much as make an effective weapon system, Starmade has a power regen limit that makes more than 1mil regen hard as heck, meaning that the weapons will also reach a limit, its better just to have a size limit so computers don't explode and the beauty of individual ships will be preserved.
    Actually, two of those ships utilize something called docked reactors. Basically, it works around that limit in a way that actually adds some depth to the game. That, and people just flat out LIKE building bigger ships. (Frankly, what you're describing as big is considered small by a lot of people.) This game is a sandbox. By limiting sizes, you limit creativity. Most of the replicas I've seen are well over your limit, as are most of the beautiful ships I've seen. Now, if you want to continue talking about this topic I'd advise creating your own thread, as this one is supposed to be about boxes of explodey bits.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    http://starmadedock.net/content/luna-battleship.1013/
    there you have a large ship. does it still look good? yes.
    i have an even larger example that im too lazy to take a screenshot of as its not on the forums
    ive built both ships in survival after the BP update (took a fair bit of time but was worth it)

Reactions: jzimmerman4