Disintegrators (un-nerfing)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    The game cant go on with the unfair pvp, a guy with a big ship can easily murder a little ship, is that fair? A well designed and flown little ship should have as fair a chance of winning as the large one
    " a guy with a big ship can easily murder a little ship, is that fair?"

YES

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    " a guy with a big ship can easily murder a little ship, is that fair?"

YES
    Think about it. You only saying this because you've built big ships and happily gone around winning all the time! it doesn't work that way, Why have those middle eastern insurgents managed to be a formidable enemy to the USA? why have aircraft been notoriously capable of sinking ships? why can a Torpedo boat sink a cruiser?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Think about it. You only saying this because you've built big ships and happily gone around winning all the time! it doesn't work that way, Why have those middle eastern insurgents managed to be a formidable enemy to the USA? why have aircraft been notoriously capable of sinking ships? why can a Torpedo boat sink a cruiser?
    Because that is real life and this is a GAME

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Why would anyone make anything other than cloaked torpedo sticks if they bypassed shields

Think about it

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The game cant go on with the unfair pvp, a guy with a big ship can easily murder a little ship, is that fair? A well designed and flown little ship should have as fair a chance of winning as the large one
    well let me see... if your tiny little ship is a fly to my titan it shouldnt be able to kill me. keep the space aids out of here!

Reaction score
    well let me see... if your tiny little ship is a fly to my titan it shouldnt be able to kill me. keep the space aids out of here!
    If my tiny little ship has warheads and they go through shields, I could fly up blow a few holes in your hole then fly away, Its not an unfair advantage because the size of you ship should well absorb the hit, It doesnt make the pvp unfair it balances it. Big ships are too clunky to carry warheads, And little ships are too small for a powerful gun, it makes the pvp fair, Besides you dont have to worry about cocky noobs actually defeating you because it would take a lot of logic work to make a working warhead launcher.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    If my tiny little ship has warheads and they go through shields, I could fly up blow a few holes in your hole then fly away, Its not an unfair advantage because the size of you ship should well absorb the hit, It doesnt make the pvp unfair it balances it. Big ships are too clunky to carry warheads, And little ships are too small for a powerful gun, it makes the pvp fair, Besides you dont have to worry about cocky noobs actually defeating you because it would take a lot of logic work to make a working warhead launcher.
    it would take me under 10 minutes to make an auto firing warhead machine gun
    i would be left having to repair holes everytime i undocked

Reaction score
    it would take me under 10 minutes to make an auto firing warhead machine gun
    i would be left having to repair holes everytime i undocked
    Make warheads more expensive then... But it is a needed feature that small ships if well flown can beat big ones, To dodge the titans missiles and go in for a devastating strike! besides wouldnt it be fun if you had more to worry from fighters? it would be a challenge since battles would be fair instead of massacres.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Make warheads more expensive then... But it is a needed feature that small ships if well flown can beat big ones, To dodge the titans missiles and go in for a devastating strike! besides wouldnt it be fun if you had more to worry from fighters? it would be a challenge since battles would be fair instead of massacres.
    everyone would be flying fighters then since there would be no point of flying anything larger due to sheilds being useless to the flies flying around you.
    you want to give a lone fighter the ability to take on an entire fleet. it doesnt work that way. the larger craft will always win unless the smaller one has specialized weapons tech

Reaction score
    everyone would be flying fighters then since there would be no point of flying anything larger due to sheilds being useless to the flies flying around you.
    you want to give a lone fighter the ability to take on an entire fleet. it doesnt work that way. the larger craft will always win unless the smaller one has specialized weapons tech
    The smaller one should have specialized tech, A fighter shouldnt take on a fleet but it should be able to do a acceptable amount of damage instead of none, Just like how a submarine is smaller than a battleship but the torpedos can hit a weak point.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The smaller one should have specialized tech, A fighter shouldnt take on a fleet but it should be able to do a acceptable amount of damage instead of none, Just like how a submarine is smaller than a battleship but the torpedos can hit a weak point.
    so the weak point you want is that my sheilds dont do shit against your mosquito but i cant turn fast nuff to accualy target you?
    therefore goodbye big ships

Reaction score
    so the weak point you want is that my sheilds dont do shit against your mosquito but i cant turn fast nuff to accualy target you?
    therefore goodbye big ships
    Just add turrets, IRL ships got rekt by fighters until they added AA turrets, The destruction of the big ship would be your fault for not adding adequate defenses.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    besides wouldnt it be fun if you had more to worry from fighters?
    Isn't everything a fighter in the current game?

But yeah, the vast majority of people agree that a single small ship shouldn't be able to cripple a large one without any effort. Example > Cloak and bomb PD turrets. Suddenly missile spam for days. The only reason you couldn't spam missiles was due to PD, but you are suggesting to make irrelevant.

Reaction score
    Isn't everything a fighter in the current game?

But yeah, the vast majority of people agree that a single small ship shouldn't be able to cripple a large one without any effort. Example > Cloak and bomb PD turrets. Suddenly missile spam for days. The only reason you couldn't spam missiles was due to PD, but you are suggesting to make irrelevant.
    I dont think a single little ship should cripple a large vessel but i do believe that they should at least have a weapon that goes through shields, It doesnt have to be a powerful one but it would be like the torch for astronauts, it would be great if they could do at least some damage
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436752210,1436751926][/DOUBLEPOST]I also believe titans should be discouraged by the devs, Keep ships under 1mil shields and stations under 4mil so that everybody has a chance to build something that is effective, Also they should integrate an official ship classification system so that a frigate isn't 50k shields for one guy and 3mil for another. it would stabilize the game and replace the process of amassing one type of weapon for brute force with the effects, Increasing uniqueness in peoples designs and making pvp fair for all.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I dont think a single little ship should cripple a large vessel but i do believe that they should at least have a weapon that goes through shields, It doesnt have to be a powerful one but it would be like the torch for astronauts, it would be great if they could do at least some damage
    the torch is good nuff
    if they could at least do SOME damage that some builds up over time...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436752285,1436752226][/DOUBLEPOST]
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436752210,1436751926][/DOUBLEPOST]I also believe titans should be discouraged by the devs, Keep ships under 1mil shields and stations under 4mil so that everybody has a chance to build something that is effective, Also they should integrate an official ship classification system so that a frigate isn't 50k shields for one guy and 3mil for another. it would stabilize the game and replace the process of amassing one type of weapon for brute force with the effects, Increasing uniqueness in peoples designs and making pvp fair for all.
    PVP is fair... for comparable sizes...
    if a fighter goes up against a massive titan the fighter SHOULD loose without being able to damage the titan

Reaction score
    the torch is good nuff
    if they could at least do SOME damage that some builds up over time...
    should it not? A big ship should be able to survive a weak weapon shields or not, Its not like i can core you like before.

And really, titans should be removed from the game, Size limitations should be implemented, wouldn't you rather build a good looking ship under 1mil shields and actually have it be unique? instead of the classic cannon-cannon with missile-pulses Why not use effects for offensive and defensive, Have your ship be a beacon of your technological knowledge in being capable of defeating ships of equal size because of a superior weapon system. And as for a fighter losing against a titan... it would lose if you added small light fast moving AA turrets, But if you dont, A fighter could gut you. Its as simple as that, The solution is simple too, Its just a matter of whether your too lazy to install AA turrets.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    A well designed and flown little ship should have as fair a chance of winning as the large one
    I get the feeling you don't PvP much. A well designed and well flow ship can take down something twice its mass, provided it is designed with countering that large ship in mind.

Reaction score
    I get the feeling you don't PvP much. A well designed and well flow ship can take down something twice its mass, provided it is designed with countering that large ship in mind.
    i do do pvp, But i think that fighter should at least be able to dent a titan unless the titan has adequate defenses.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Size limitations should be implemented
    And thus limit the total amount of possible ships? If a ship can only have up to N blocks, the possible arrangements of N blocks limit the amount of possible ships, and thus uniqueness will be removed over time with every new unique ship design.
    Have a configurable and disable-able limit for admins to reduce the load on their servers, yes, but no generally enforced limit.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    i do do pvp, But i think that fighter should at least be able to dent a titan unless the titan has adequate defenses.
    Everyone seems to want to compare spacecraft to aircraft, but honestly, I think for starmade, comparing them to tanks is a much better idea. Simply put, an assault rifle (a fighter) will not do more than scratch the paint (hinder the shield regen) of a heavy tank (a titan). To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Also they should integrate an official ship classification system so that a frigate isn't 50k shields for one guy and 3mil for another.
    I'm pretty sure Bench said they were not going to add an official classification system because it limits players. Because it DOES.

missile-pulses
    What kind of scrub uses missile/pulse in this day and age?