Devblog 2017 - 09 - 21

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    what is this, where did you find this??!!?
    Hello, It's what your ship will cost in refined materials, to check that you have to go in : catalog > "YourShipBlueprint" > blocks > Blocks/ressources

Schine many thanks, this is a veryyyyy nice little addition.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hello, It's what your ship will cost in refined materials, to check that you have to go in : catalog > "YourShipBlueprint" > blocks > Blocks/ressources

Schine many thanks, this is a veryyyyy nice little addition.
    ahh ok, thanks.
    Yea this is very useful for manufacturing ships. However I think it would be even better if there was an option to show the raw resources. Like the shards and ore. This would be more useful when mining, because then you wouldnt need to divide all resources by 5 I believe it was. For mesh and composite im not sure if it takes into account the mesh from refining the ores, but if it doesnt it ought to take into account the mesh you get that way. So it would just say like "100 random ore" or "100 random crystals".

So then I would only need to know what I need to see in my storage in my miner to know that I will be able to produce the blueprint. nightrune is this possible?

Basically "mining list" and "factory list"

Last edited:

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd definitely appreciate both, but the refined materials cost is generally a better choice for my playstyle, so I'm glad they went with it..

I generally mine constantly as a relaxation thing. There's something almost zen about just drifting around melting asteroids, so I usually end up with HUGE stockpiles of refined materials. Being able to see how much of my stores a given build will require helps the most there.

But having both would definitely be handy.

Reactions: aceface

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    I and some of the people in my group noticed that the turrets aren't activating
    and the beam computer is also not showing on the weapons menu

Last edited:

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I and some of the people in my group noticed that the turrets aren't activating
    and the beam computer is also not showing on the weapons menu
    Yeah, AI in general is borked on the dev build.

Reaction score
    The distance required between these two groups depends on the size of the active reactor,
    But back here it says otherwise: StarMade Ship Systems 2.0
    We use the total Reactor block count to determine the optimal distance between every Reactor and Stabilizer group. Doesn’t matter how big or small each group is, the minimum amount of distance you need to reach 100% efficiency will be the same for each.
    Is this simply just a case of plans changing over time, or was one quote incorrect, or is there still some indecision on this point?

If there is indecision, I'd like to vote for the newer quote: distance depends on the active reactor size, not the total. This would mean that smaller reactors/stabilisers for smaller reactors could be placed in closer, and as there's likely to be multiples of them the shape of ships this will lean toward is long but with a "bulbous" (can't think how to describe it) section at one end.

I.e.
    ..X
    ..|
    X-X----------X where the smaller reactors/stabilisers can be grouped closer

..|
    ..X

as opposed to the less appealing:

X--------X--------X

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    only part i don't like is the Reactors become your Hit points, whats stopping META-SNIPER weapons AGAIN ? seriously am i the only one who hasn't thought about this ? when Core sniping weapons used to be the only way to win in PvP or vs pirates. schema come on seriously the old Hit point / Armor system is fine, but the new power system has merit (no more endless power lines though out the ship for a start)

Reaction score
    current Dev builds are NOT more intuitive> i have 200,000 regen > this can fire a 6000block beam (no other systems mounted), which apparently delivers 600,000 dps / power cost > when idle, i see 9%(?) power drain > when i fire, and during recharge i see 45%(?) power usage of my 200,000 e/sec regen ...

How the hell do any of these numbers relate? :/

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Just had a try at Dev build. First impression is new power system is dumb. Small ships are not possible. Ship with dimensions of ~7x7x10 in old system was able to have ~83,000 regen with 20 power blocks. New system requires over 2x times as many blocks and a dimension of over 100 blocks to not even have 1/8 the regen.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Just had a try at Dev build. First impression is new power system is dumb. Small ships are not possible. Ship with dimensions of ~7x7x10 in old system was able to have ~83,000 regen with 20 power blocks. New system requires over 2x times as many blocks and a dimension of over 100 blocks to not even have 1/8 the regen.
    The new power unit is not equivalent of the old power unit iirc

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The new power unit is not equivalent of the old power unit iirc
    Is the 50,0000 energy the core provides new energy or old energy? How can any conclusions be made when it seems not all systems are using new energy? With out a way to provide solid conclusions/observations why even make this public?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Is the 50,0000 energy the core provides new energy or old energy? How can any conclusions be made when it seems not all systems are using new energy? With out a way to provide solid conclusions/observations why even make this public?
    50,000 energy pool the core has is old energy. New energy pool scales with the reactor. I'm pretty sure most everything is converted to the new system by now; if there's something missing it's an oversight.