CV-063 Monolith x3 CFO - A WIP 1.5km long Mothership - Update #23

Reaction score
    Ok, It's been a couple of days since I posted an update, and for good reason - the big secret is giving me more of a challenge than I expected, but beyond that, there's not a lot that's visibly changed aside from some additional detail work - most of my work the last few days have been on internals and filling gaps, and plotting out spaces, you know the boring kind of thing that isn't pretty to look at. But here's a summary of what I've done so far:

Current mass is up to ~790,000kg, with a block count of 7,796,150, length is 1,547m, height 335m, width of 421m. I don't feel like typing out the ridiculously long number that is current power storage, so I'll just tell you it's a little over 1 billion, with a recharge of 23 million and some change e/sec.
    Shields are still sitting at 20m and some change with a recharge of 3m/s, and I've about doubled the available thrust to around 300k. I've also started pulling the shiny blue lines that are part of the ships design to the 'wings', and I've begun adding turret emplacements to the bottom of the hull. I've decked out the new additions to the command deck, and continued decking in the fore of the ship. Detailing is still well underway, and the ports for additional broadside gun emplacements have been added to the rear of the vessel. I've also been building out the new engines, as well continuing to detail the new hangar. I still have to add lighting to it.

So yes, I'm still alive, and no you can't see it yet. (Soon)

Reaction score
    Update # 17:

Ok guys, I've been busy as a bee for a couple days, and it's time to show you some pictures of what I've been doing. It may not seem like much, but a good deal of time has been spent a) playing around with various ideas, b) Closing in "people" areas and filling in "Not People" Areas, and c) Decking

On that note, decking of the new portion of the ship is 35% completed - I've got roughly half the lengths of each deck 'edged' and not much else. See the below dark as fuck picture:

I've got the Lower hangar 99% closed in, and decorating is well underway, along with the associated launch and reception ramps: (Note, the ramps still need some massaging)

I also saw keptick's hologram and decided I had to make one of my own:

Not nearly as pretty, though.

Some more Hullwork:

And then of course the Big Surprise (I hate you all for guessing it):

Oh, and have two other things I did: An engine internal, and a little more work on the port and starboard launch ramps:

Cheers.

Oh by the way, we're up to 8.7 million blocks, 42 million shield HP, 4m shield regen. That is all.

Reaction score
    By personal request from Keptick, I'm going to be removing the Hologram. <3 Keppers.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    By personal request from Keptick, I'm going to be removing the Hologram. <3 Keppers.
    I never asked you to remove it. Just to add some variation so that it's not identical to mine :p.

For those wondering, I slightly over reacted and asked him to stop copying my stuff (which he doesn't really do). I apologize Aracturus, I'm a bit of a hipster when it comes to ships :P. I'm happy to provide inspiration, especially since you credited me anyway.

Reaction score
    It's alright man. Honestly I thought my hologram looked like shit - My ship isn't the kind of ship that scales downward easily, with it's more organic curves and unusual hull shape. So I took it down, and replaced it with something MUCH COOLER LOOKING:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Ahahahahahahaaaa, I knew that you'd add drones! Are those on a drone rack or just docked to the ship directly?

Edit: nvm, I see the rack :D

Reaction score
    they're on your rack. I'm actually going to modify said rack later so I can make it fit more easily into the ship rather than the current hell that is sliding that thing in and docking it. And I mean HELL.

Reaction score
    Update #18 - Main Engineering

I've been, for the last couple days, working on giving my engineering areas some love, including adding an area I'm calling the 'main reactor'.

"But Aracturus" you might say "You already have something like that elsewhere on the ship, we've seen it!"
    To which I'd respond "No, that is the Warp Core, not the Main Reactor."

I decided to go with a Laser Compression Antimatter Fusion reactor.

Still have a long way to go, but so far, so good.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    One of the best reactors I've seen so far. Also, dem tubes :3

Reaction score
    I've updated the ship stats located in the OP, and added some additional Flavortext/fluff info. Enjoy.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    Update #19 - Dear God in heaven, what have I done.

So... over the last 48 hours I've been stringing together a ridiculously large number of broadside guns, who fire using logic, into the sides of my vessel.
    \
    Guns, as far as the eye can see. You'll note that there are TWO buttons on each gun - one is for a single-fire, one is for continuous fire.

The single-fire one is meant to be operated by a person, e.g. a crewmember, and the continuous fire can be either activated by a crewman, or from the bridge.

However, one itsy bitsy problem. Activating them all at once kills your framerate. I'll fix that later.

I have also been adding windows, and wedging one side of the GREAT BULGES (I need a better name for that) to make them look pretty(er).

oh and I added another 2 million shield hp.

Reaction score
    Update #20

Work has continued apace. Yesterday I spent an inordinate amount of time building a new logic-driven escape pod system, complete with countdown lights. (Lights not shown in gif or picture)

The escape pods fly out at ~150m/s. Just a simple core results in significantly higher speeds, but I didn't want people to be TOTALLY helpless.

Simply walk into the pod bay, pres butan, then you have about three seconds to get into the pod before it's shot out. I'm still fine-tuning the timing.

And of course, I did more work on Main Engineering today, making the corridor that accesses Main Engineering from the engineering lifts, and added (Some of) the access tubes for the engine compartments, will probably add the catwalks around the aft engine compartments either tonight or tomorrow. More detail work was done on main engineering, and some detailing in the engine compartment was added. (It was a bitch) I've also done some more detailing in Hangar 1 (What I'm calling the really fuck off big hangar on the underside, now) as well.

Have some pictures:

Main Engineering:

Engineering Access:

Engine Compartment:

Hangar 1: