Criss' Thread

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Hi there!

I really like those improvements you did on the TG. Looks like it has much atmosphere and life. Can't wait to explore their new Hub by myself :)

Also i thought it could fit when i share some pics of my Homebase, cause it is an "reactivated" Alpha Station i bought a couple of weeks ago and refit to my needs. I am relatively new to Starmade and the Forum, so i am sorry if this Thread isn't recommended for kind of such things. Just want you to have a look on it ^^

So here some Screenshots:

Outside View on the Station
    View attachment 22831

It has a new Mensa: View attachment 22832

Some nice views to the Outside: View attachment 22833

The Main Entrance with an Elevator and Transporter:
    View attachment 22838

A "Salvage Scoop" for Incoming Minig Ships: (Automated with the Cargo Pull System) View attachment 22834

The Quartiers:View attachment 22835

The Production Hall which starts production when Mining Ships arrive: View attachment 22836

Also it has now one of my "Starfarer Inns" at the Top of the Mensa: View attachment 22837

Hope you enjoy :D
    At least stick them in a spoiler.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I am relatively new to Starmade and the Forum
    Are you new to the game? The build doesn't support that you are. It is quite a nice base there.

I don't mind images as long as they are in a spoiler, and you don't spam the thread!

Reaction score
    Are you new to the game? The build doesn't support that you are. It is quite a nice base there.

I don't mind images as long as they are in a spoiler, and you don't spam the thread!

Gladly Thadius reminded me on the Spoiler thing, i wasn't aware of it, so thanks.

Also thanks that you like it! I bought Starmade via Steam in November 2015 and enjoy it since then, so even if i have some experience in the game mechanics now (it has a good learning curve, long but not like a Wall you Crash in and never recover) compared to the fact that this game exists some years i still would say i am new. I brought some building experience from other Voxel Games like Minecraft in, so maybe it's that.

I have to say you Devs are doing a very fine work. I am curious to see the Trading Guild come fully alive. Yet i already enjoy it when some Guild Ships fly across the Shop Sectors.

Will the new Ship and Station designs automatically be updated to the Blueprints when relesed?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Hello everyone. Are you ready for a whammy? I've got a nice ship to show you. Bigger than the other's shown here before! Below we have what we have been calling the Trading Guild Frigate. It's a bit big for a frigate in my taste, but such is StarMade.

The Frigate is currently the first ship with extended crew accommodations. At this size, the ship is capable of surviving long enough to sort-of guarantee crew members a safe trip home, and so the TG welcome crew members aboard these vessels.

Below we have captains quarters, crew quarters and mess hall.

The are two side rooms, currently dedicated to a transporter system and a medical bay. In the future we will look at hull variants that come equipped with altered rooms and systems to diversify the main fleets.

Here is the core room and engineering.

As it stands, this ship is barely equipped with systems. The plan is to focus the TG on preventative ship design. AMS turrets, jump drives and hardened shields. The main weapon on this ship should be various cannons, preferably big MAC gun types. This is the approach we want to stick with for future TG ships. We think it fits the theme well.

With that said, I would love to hear some feedback on how you would approach placing those system on the ship. What weapon combos should I go for? Which effects should I go for? Is there an order to which systems should go in first? Please let me know!

We will also be altering our stream schedule. We will be streaming two times a week on Tuesdays at 7 pm EST and Noon on Thursdays, EST. If you have feedback you can leave it below or chat with us during the livestream. Follow us there to know when we go live!

[DOUBLEPOST=1456712267,1456712104][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Will the new Ship and Station designs automatically be updated to the Blueprints when relesed?
    They will be added to the game, but the world will not update pre-loaded sectors with new assets. Stations will require a world reset for them to be present.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hello everyone. Are you ready for a whammy? I've got a nice ship to show you. Bigger than the other's shown here before! Below we have what we have been calling the Trading Guild Frigate. It's a bit big for a frigate in my taste, but such is StarMade.
    Looks quite frigate sized in my book, can we see some stats on it?

I love seeing all the new decor possibilities slabs bring... I really need to step up my game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Personally, i wouldn't base a classification off size alone, but size in comparison to stats. It may be that a frigate could be 20 m tall and 70m long and 80m wide, but because of its shape and construction it may only have stats equivalent to something of a more conservative design at a much smaller shape.

EDIT

If its low on stats for its current size, perhaps Corvette would be a better classification.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    The main weapon on this ship should be various cannons, preferably big MAC gun types. This is the approach we want to stick with for future TG ships. We think it fits the theme well.
    What weapon combos should I go for? Which effects should I go for? Is there an order to which systems should go in first? Please let me know!
    Going with the "big MAC guns" thing, I would say it should have Cannon/Beam/Punch, Cannon/Beam/Explosive, or Cannon/Pulse/Explosive. Explosive should only be at 10%, since it doesn't do anything for cannons or beams past that (unless you guys plan on fixing that... ahem).It might be a good idea to have some turrets with faster firing heavy cannons (Cannon/Punch) to back up the ship against more maneuverable craft and to keep heavy craft under fire.
    A slow firing gun should typically take 75-90% of the ships's power to fire, and should be fully recharged by the time the gun is ready to fire again.

When placing systems, I suggest having the shield capacitors closest to the edge of the ship, followed by passive ion, then rechargers, then thrusters, then everything else on this ship.
    Depending on just how strong this ship should be or if there's any plans to remove this feature, you could also put a docked shield generator within the ship, which would allow the TG frigate to ignore the 10 second shield outage as long as the generator was protected (I recommend a few layers of internal armor around it.) Since the TG is shield based, this definitely sounds like something they would use to me. It'd also be a great way to start introducing the concepts of docked modules (shield gens, power gens, modular thrust, modular armor, etc) to players.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    docked shield generator
    While it would possibly give ships an edge, I think we will avoid docked entities as much as we can on ships, turrets aside. It is entirely possible those mechanics would change in the future.

The rest of your post is informative and I will take a shot at this on the stream Tuesday.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    All hail Chris with two "s"s and no "r." Master of slabs and all things grey.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I can second the cannon+beam+explosive design for the frigate.

However, if for some reason you are unable to fit at least over 1300 weapon modules for the "MAC" gun, (at like 600/600/60 or something)
    then use cannon+pulse+explosive.
    If option 2 then tweak the amount of slaved damage pulse down from 100% to a level where you can clear 10 layers of advanced armor with the thing at the lowest possible reload rate. (the 10 layers is an arbitrary number but it should prove to be enough to perforate most peoples ships then at its size range when shields are down.)

All hail Chris with two "s"s and no "r." Master of slabs and all things grey.
    you mean no 'h', right?

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    +1 for cannon/pulse/whatever. I'd also recommend a cannon/cannon of any size (even 2 blocks if you want) otherwise the shields will regen between the reloads of the MAC cannons.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, I won't comment on weapon systems, I'm not that experienced with what would be best. ;)

I will say however, that the shown builds do really advocate what can be done with thought out interiors and the use of different blocks, or using special blocks for different purposes as originally intended. It really adds to the immersion factor of ships if the nice detailed outside is paired with a ditto interior. Exemplary work. :D

Greets,

Jan

Reactions: Criss

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Criss you need to have some sideways gravity modules near the beds that don't have open feet! :D

Reaction score
    While it would possibly give ships an edge, I think we will avoid docked entities as much as we can on ships, turrets aside. It is entirely possible those mechanics would change in the future.

The rest of your post is informative and I will take a shot at this on the stream Tuesday.
    If you're not using docked entities then something I'd recommend is sticking to the power soft cap and making the weaponry dependant more on capacity then charge, ie slow cannon/beam or pulse as the main weaponry.

Reaction score
    I'm fond of Criss' use of the bottom side of the Transporter module in unexpected places.

The center of that table, for one, and then as part of the lighting in that hallway.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I'm fond of Criss' use of the bottom side of the Transporter module in unexpected places.

The center of that table, for one, and then as part of the lighting in that hallway.
    They also make really nice power conduits, the side texture for pipes and the bottom for junctions/corners

Reactions: Top 4ce