Criss' Thread

Reaction score
    Hello!

Aside from managing social media I work on a lot of the in-game assets that will be present in the StarMade universe. A few others and I will use this thread to show off the work being done on the latest builds and maybe tease future releases. We will also talk about the design philosophies that go into each build and help define who these factions are and why they build the way they do!

Now we want to give some personality and purpose to the way we build. The various factions will prefer to build into certain technologies over others. To keep things simple we will refer to ship sizes as Small, Medium, Large or Extra Large. Below you will find albums with limited information on the various races. Read further posts on this thread to learn more detailed information as it is posted!

Edit!
    A lot of you have shown concern over systems and performance of these ships. Despite me letting people in the thread know that we are listening and willing to make a few changes (PD turret on the freighter) people are insisting that I am not listening. I will be cutting down on the repetitive comments with regards to criticism. We do not need pages of the same suggestion when I acknowledged it. If you have something to say post about it once. If you agree then hit the agree button. Lets keep it simple and clean!

Edit 2!
    The original post is being moved down below. I will be including a new album above with some new information and it will be updated with all the TG assets being worked on. The other races and builds will get their own album in time.
    To start we have the Trading Guild or TG for short. We have seen the TG. But who are they? What do they stand for? The answer is simple. Money! The TG exist in this universe to make a profit. Much of what they do is meant to expand their reach and make new acquaintances to sell stuff to.

The TG naturally want to cut the costs down on their vast fleets of freighters. As such they often utilize inefficient heat sinks and limit the amount of shielding they have on their vessels. The most advanced part of a TG ship is the jump drive, which enables them to make quick deliveries of cargo.

With their large quantities of cargo, it only makes sense they have large engines as well right? That said, they are not powerful. This is mostly an aesthetic thing so the freighters won't be as agile as other vessels.

The internal amenities are limited. It's mostly the necessities ; bridge, crew quarters and a kitchen.

The rest is cargo space. Additionally all the doors on the side open up and can be activated in sequence!

That's all for now. I hope to start a weekly thing where I reveal a bit more as to what we are working on. There are already plenty of assets ready to be shown off. Next up we will take a look at the new and improved stick shop. Feel free to leave feedback and questions below!
    This is a noobish question but, does the TG actually use those ships in-game?

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I am preparing my Katana.
    Criss did no post a ship:mad:.

serge1944

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    You have a strange imagination,a very strange imagination.:eek:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    There won't be any new posts until a few more ships get finished.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I don't think we'll be seeing any old Isanths once the new ships are in. There won't really be a use for them...
    I think it would be nice for Scavengers to use them sometimes. Modified to fit the Scav color theme, of course.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    There are plans to dish out some isanth replacement concepts this weekend. I think Saber and I have agreed that the current design is far too outdated to really make good use of.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Like I mentioned in that suggestion thread, I think it would be really cool if a version of the Isanth, brought up to modern standards of course, both aesthetically and under the hood, could be the 'model t' of Starmade. May as well use the Isanth for that, since it's a pretty iconic ship. It could be available for purchase from the trading guild from the spawn station, and scavengers and the outcasts or whoever could use modified or run down versions in their fleets.

Sorry if something like this has already been planned, I've done my best to keep track of development plans but I'm sure I've missed stuff. :p

serge1944

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Criss did twitch changed hours,each time I go to sleep at midnight I notice next morning that the twitch started one hour or two hours later.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Criss did twitch changed hours,each time I go to sleep at midnight I notice next morning that the twitch started one hour or two hours later.
    We start at 7 pm EST and stream for two hours on Tuesdays and Thrusdays.