Criss' Thread

Reaction score
    Well a lot of the TG ships were almost finished when I started this thread. Then we blew through them all and here we are with none of the new ships to be posted.

I suspect you will start seeing more over the course of the next few weeks.

Also we will maybe show the medium sized vessels. Idk if we will post albums of large vessels but they will most likely be livestreamed. We will only be showing off Scavengers, Outcasts and TG builds for now.
    YES! SHOW US! It's looking great so far, can't wait for more.

Reaction score
    Well a lot of the TG ships were almost finished when I started this thread. Then we blew through them all and here we are with none of the new ships to be posted.

I suspect you will start seeing more over the course of the next few weeks.

Also we will maybe show the medium sized vessels. Idk if we will post albums of large vessels but they will most likely be livestreamed. We will only be showing off Scavengers, Outcasts and TG builds for now.
    Make progress reports then. Unless you want surprises. But give some hints on what you're up to.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Hello everyone; quick heads up that this thread will be moving to a new home!

The forums now has a "Schine!" section for some of us to maintain our own threads all in one place. We hope this allows you to easily interact with team members and get a quick glimpse into our working projects between the Development Blogs.

[DOUBLEPOST=1465173686,1465170114][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Double post time. I suppose it's time I start posting about the Outcast ships. Not all of them are finished so I don't expect to be posting very often. I want to space it out.

We shall start out with the smallest of the bunch, the Exploration Pod. This little dingy of a spaceship is like a mini submersible. It's purpose is to get explorers and scavengers into the tight spaces of derelicts. It comes with a very weak scanner system, and no defenses. The Outcasts do not have a major empire backing their exploits. They are more of a loose organization of roamers. They spend their time surviving mostly, and as such, exploration and scavenging are common practice in their culture.

That's all for now. At the moment we have 3 more Outcast builds to show off, and 4 more in the works. There is also one more Trading Guild ship that has yet to be started. 2 Scavenger pirate ships are being worked on, and there are at least 6 more that need an initial design.

Additionally, I may try and find time to create variants of the ships we have on our to-do list. The Trading Guild Frigate for example will have a variation that sacrifices internal rooms for cargo space. Many of these variants will accommodate new systems where that particular vessel is lacking. The hulls will mostly remain the same, although the markings, details and systems may be altered. This should add more variety to the game as you encounter these vessels.

When all of that is completed, we will have finished our initial plans for the small sized ships for the Outcasts, TG and Scavs. Then we will move onto medium sized stuff. Expect most TG assets to be finished by the time the Fleets contest is over. We hope to get trading TG ships into the game soon. When all of the small ships are done, we should have at least 28 ships for these 3 factions. The entire list for all current planned factions and their assets amounts to around 60+ vessels.

Now add to that the possibility of the 85 fleet contest submissions that we have received, and our universes have just gotten a whole lot larger. And we aren't even talking about stations, derelicts, unconfirmed factions, and other objects that we have plans for. :D

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Oh criss made a nice long post explaining everything and I just didn't notice it was in his thread... lol deep.
    :rolleyes:

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Nice exploration pod. I wonder what it would look like with a pair of tiny pincers on the front-bottom.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I'd like to know what the turret axis on the pod are for, possible claw attachments? Doesn't make the most sense, provided the docker is almost right beside them and would get obstructed in most cases I can think of.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    I'd like to know what the turret axis on the pod are for, possible claw attachments? Doesn't make the most sense, provided the docker is almost right beside them and would get obstructed in most cases I can think of.
    It's there for aesthetics.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Can we get a better shot of that Outcast pod? I'm not getting a good feel of how the back end of the ship looks.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    OH YEAH BABY THAT'S THE STUFF.

I'm loving this in a very sensual way.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Time for another ship showcase!

This time around we have the Outcast Shuttle. It's quite a robust ship. It features a sturdy design. It should be noted that the smaller Outcast vessels seem to visually differ from the larger vessels. You will see what I mean when we get to those vessels, but essentially there is more of a diversity in shapes used in the smaller vessels. The Outcast shuttle will fit anywhere that they TG shuttle can, as they are roughly the same size.

The harshness of space has taught them to be cautious. Because of their loose social and government structures, many of the Outcast people are solitary roamers. Many Outcast vessels are custom rigged to the pilots specifications. You may see additional cargo space, or extra weaponry on their vessels. You may notice the cockpit of this ship resembles the cab from an industrial vehicle. Outcast vessels share these designs across many vessels.