Cool things that could be made with rails

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised, I was hell tired when I recorded it. I'll try to do some tutorials up tonight.
    Important question, will I still be able to use logic to undock entities? I've been trying to figure out how in the dev builds and I've had no luck so far.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Important question, will I still be able to use logic to undock entities? I've been trying to figure out how in the dev builds and I've had no luck so far.
    that will return as a feature shortly, at the moment it's getting all the new mechanics actually working.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    This word is tossed around by the dev team a lot, do you actually mean shortly or will it be 3-4 months of waiting :p
    I'd assume it'd be in before the update is released.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Actually I think I'll make a tram-like system in my WIP titan ship... Should be pretty cool. Also, fancy retractable wings.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So far I've been particularly loving all of the new turret options this update's collision physics allows for.

Example shown here: Turrets with one axis of rotation, embedded in the hull, can look really cool and are shielded by the mothership from many angles.

Additionally, two-axis turrets can now pop out of hulls and whatnot, if staged right, and it's amazing - If you make the top a panel (Or put a sliding panel on top) the turret can pop out of NOWHERE..

Reactions: Bench

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    this reminds me about Voyager+Enterprise phasers... StarTrekies will love it for sure :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The shuttle video for those who would like to see it...

I understand all this except for how you got the door to go in reverse. I see that you used the counter clockwise rail somehow but I cannot figure out just what you linked to what to get it the clockwise rail to go backwards. Actually I cannot even seem to make the counterclockwise rail work normally on the current dev build, nothing seems to have an effect when linked to or from it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I understand all this except for how you got the door to go in reverse. I see that you used the counter clockwise rail somehow but I cannot figure out just what you linked to what to get it the clockwise rail to go backwards. Actually I cannot even seem to make the counterclockwise rail work normally on the current dev build, nothing seems to have an effect when linked to or from it.
    You can achieve an on-off setup like that by having a controller for clockwise and counter-clockwise, both buttons as the master to the target rail that you are moving and master to either another clockwise or counter-clockwise block. One of the controller buttons should be master to a flip-flop which has the other input's button slaved to it. The button that is master to the flip-flop is now the only button you need to push to alternate between two positions.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Thanks you pointed me the right direction. As embarrassing as it is to say, I had jumped in too far and didn't know about placing a single slave rail directly next to a button which then sets the direction of that buttons non attached slaves.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    this reminds me about Voyager+Enterprise phasers... StarTrekies will love it for sure :D
    ...Indeed. StarTrekkies such as myself - the whole reason I tried this out in the first place (Aside from knowing that it would look badass) is as a proof-of-concept for phasers/disruptors/dipolarized ionic tetryon beams/whatever with the new system... It worked just as well as I expected. The next thing for someone to try, I suppose, is a (larger) bi-axial dome-like configuration that could be mounted on the bottom of an Original Series Enterprise.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    You can achieve an on-off setup like that by having a controller for clockwise and counter-clockwise, both buttons as the master to the target rail that you are moving and master to either another clockwise or counter-clockwise block. One of the controller buttons should be master to a flip-flop which has the other input's button slaved to it. The button that is master to the flip-flop is now the only button you need to push to alternate between two positions.
    Perhaps you could put up a diagram to explain how it's done?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You don't even need to slave a nearby rail block if it is the only one nearby.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Perhaps collision damage will now be usable as a weapon.

It is time to give some blocks extra-armour not only vs explosion, but also kinetic damage.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't like the capital turret too much, because of the hull-placement.

But your fighter looks interesting.
    How did you distribute shields between ship/turret? Perhaps (you gave me the idea) you can build a turret completely surrounding the ship, using area triggers or alike to provide vision.

With this you don't need to share shields :D

Reactions: SkylordLuke