Status
    Not open for further replies.

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I started to build a custom pirate station for my (private) server. I wanted it to look like a modern (= with new blocks like pentas, tetras, decoration blocks, etc.) version of the original station design and i like how it looks so far. If it is going to be finished befor the contest ends, i will submit it as either pirate or neutral station (later needs to be recolored).

Currently it hasn't many technical stuff (shields, etc.) but there is many empty space. Should i add some technical stuff and/or fill it out with hull?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I started to build a custom pirate station for my (private) server. I wanted it to look like a modern (= with new blocks like pentas, tetras, decoration blocks, etc.) version of the original station design and i like how it looks so far. If it is going to be finished befor the contest ends, i will submit it as either pirate or neutral station (later needs to be recolored).

Currently it hasn't many technical stuff (shields, etc.) but there is many empty space. Should i add some technical stuff and/or fill it out with hull?
    I like the design and the colors, if you ad turrets to the pillars it will be better looking.
    The only think i would ad, is a connection to the pillars for the main station, its a bit strange that they are looking floating there

Master1398

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I like the design and the colors, if you ad turrets to the pillars it will be better looking.
    The only think i would ad, is a connection to the pillars for the main station, its a bit strange that they are looking floating there
    Like i said: I want it to be a modern version of the old normal station design. The 'pillars' will be connected to each other (like the old regular station) and as you can see the hallway that connects two pillars is also going to be connected to the station (the beams that are going from the lift(s) into nowhere are the connecting piece)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    this is my station for the contest

like you should guess it's a station for the trade guild

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95650830/trading_station.sment
    http://starmadedock.net/content/elcorporation-space-hub-mark-i.999/

the station is divided in several modules

• the central module containing the warehouse, a hangar for the supplying guild ship, 4 little hangar for isanth VI

the warehouse

the central hangar

the welcome center

a hangar for isanth VI

• the hangars module constituted of 4 hangars, a communication tower, fuel tanks and a sas for docking to bigger ships

a communication tower and a sas

a hangar

a corridor for supply circulation

• the system module containing fuel tanks, the life support system and the shield generator

the life support system

the shield generator

• the shoping module

• the residential module with 72 rooms

• the command center

i won't have time to continue the station till the end of the contest to finish it (the rooms in the residential area are empty) so i post it now

edit: upload finaly worked, thanks folks for all the likes, @NeonSturm the station is big, the central part where the warehouse is has a 81 m diameter if i remember correctly

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If this makes it, I'm probably going to claim one as my homebase... If it doesn't I'll download the blueprint and use it in singleplayer because it just looks freaking amazing. :p
    Thanks man! I really appreciate it, i'm thrilled by the response i've gotten to this so i'm gunna be happy for a while even if it doesn't make it in, Zanaten even did a video review!! :D

El_Poulpy That station is truely amazing, i really don't think it's going to bother anyone (except maybe you :p) if the residential rooms are empty!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I wanted to make a hangar which looks like your warehouse (not my pyramid).

But I always run into problems with it's size and when I try to get docks of all sizes...

I would like modules (such as apartments or cafeteria) almost-free floating in a big convex hull, but I always get the pipes (for peoples to move between modules) either completely invisible (so ships could accidentally fly into them) or opaque so that they hinder vision.

Maybe I should just build everything bigger :) but how big is big enough? I want it as small as possible.

Reaction score
    Preview pictures of... Helios Station. (I'm scrambling to get this together in time. In all honesty I almost gave up when I seen how cool a lot of the submitted stations are. Also, please ignore the white hull, it stretches to 599m cubed and are basically guidelines to keep inside the maximum station size.)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Reactions: jzimmerman4
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Trading guild resupply outpost:
    So, somehow I managed to leave myself 12 hours before I went on holiday to build a trading guild station (I'm oh-so-organised). Due to me rushing it, its rather substandard to the rest of my work, which I apologize for. If I have internet when on holiday I may try to build something a little less crap in the evenings.

Download:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/trading-guild-resupply-outpost.1001/ (Still awaiting approval)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I just have to say kudos to all these fantastic creations posted in the past 24 hours. I'm blown away. Keep up the great work guys!!

Reactions: Crimson-Artist

Master1398

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I finished my Station! So here is the offical entry:

Redesign of the old Station | Pirate/Abonded Design

As the name of the Station suggests: I wanted it to look like the old regular station.
    I constructed it with a Pirate Station in mind but it seems like the Station fits into two categories:
    Pirates and Abonded/Neutral

Every hangar fits perfectly for a "Isanth Type-Zero".

The Station has also enough docks for 9 Turrets:
    • 1 at the top of the Station
    • 4 at the top of the reactors
    • 4 at the bottom of the reactors

The Station also has 5 PlexStorages and a self destruct button. If a player activates it all the loot of the PlexStorages is gone! But not only that: The reactors stop working!
    Reactor after Destruction

Lower center piece of the Station after Destruction

Upper part of the Station after Destruction

Connection Beams after Destruction

Whole Station after Destruction

Reaction score
    Well, I'm out of the race.
    The fact that I just lost about three days of work on the station due to a backup glitch, as well as the fact that I had six wisdom teeth removed last week has made it basically impossible for me to finish on time.
    It was fun trying.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, I'm out of the race.
    The fact that I just lost about three days of work on the station due to a backup glitch, as well as the fact that I had six wisdom teeth removed last week has made it basically impossible for me to finish on time.
    It was fun trying.
    Aww... the backup glitch sucks. I'm sorry, man.

But wait, SIX wisdom teeth? How's that even possible?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can have more than 4 wisdom teeth.
    What has this got to do with stations in star-made again?
    ??????????????????

Reaction score
    Aww... the backup glitch sucks. I'm sorry, man.

But wait, SIX wisdom teeth? How's that even possible?
    Well, actually it was five wisdom teeth, and one tooth where a filling had been done badly, so it needed a root canal, but due to the odd shape of the tooth a root canal was impossible. And as for the extra wisdom tooth, it was a half-sized extra behind one of the four full-sized teeth.

Anyway, I really like all these entries, and I'll be really excited to explore them when they get patched in!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    So it has been 24 hours since I put up the download for my station but a mod still hasn't approved it.... I am a little bummed now :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.