CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Hello everyone ! Despite my efforts, it seems I won't be able to finish my station in time : it's way too big to be properly finished. I have bitten off more than I could chew... Sorry I couldn't participate !

Here's what I have done in 4 weeks of hard work : the dock itself took me 45 hours but even that wasn't enough to finish it. I spent a lot of time modifying various parts of the station and that's certainly why it took me so long to build this.

In the end, I just wanted to apologise for being unable to finish my station in time, but I'm still happy of what I have done : I'm very happy with the dock I built. French honour is safe !
    The contest has also been very liberating for me, for it triggered in me a new interest for building. I hope I'll manage to finish this station later and make it available to other players !

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    That looks amazing, please make sure to show it off once it's finished, it's so promising :D

Reaction score
    Hello everyone ! Despite my efforts, it seems I won't be able to finish my station in time : it's way too big to be properly finished. I have bitten off more than I could chew... Sorry I couldn't participate !

Here's what I have done in 4 weeks of hard work : the dock itself took me 45 hours but even that wasn't enough to finish it. I spent a lot of time modifying various parts of the station and that's certainly why it took me so long to build this.

In the end, I just wanted to apologise for being unable to finish my station in time, but I'm still happy of what I have done : I'm very happy with the dock I built. French honour is safe !
    The contest has also been very liberating for me, for it triggered in me a new interest for building. I hope I'll manage to finish this station later and make it available to other players !
    Wow, just wow. It's a damn shame that you haven't completed it because that is just incredible! You should consider uploading it before the deadline anyways in it's current state. I think I've seen a couple people doing that. Might be worth a shot... Good work and I can't wait to see the final version.

Reactions: pikayoda
    Reaction score

Well, since neutral stations may be unfinished/damaged according to the guidelines, there would still be hope for you… :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    hurry people finish the stations I want to be able to learn some of your building techniques from your stations

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Yo !
    i think it will be my final form not much time left ! :( however i manage to make a interior, Very tiny , and there s plenty of space left lol

wish i had more time ! :( ill put the download asap
    maybe i did it a little to big lol

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Yo !
    i think it will be my final form not much time left ! :( however i manage to make a interior, Very tiny , and there s plenty of space left lol

wish i had more time ! :( ill put the download asap
    maybe i did it a little to big lol
    Freakin love it. Is it abandoned? Would be awesome to find in space.

Reaction score
    Very nice, but that looks... waaay too big...
    I didn't make those guidelines, I am innocent! (Yes, it is inside contest parameters.)

I just submitted my current WIP to community content. My uploads feature the station, as well as the cargo pod for use with the cargo distribution system* (spanning the entire station). Have an image.

* It is obviously there for the sake of lore.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    http://starmadedock.net/content/derelict-repair-depot.867/

Repair depot V0.9 needs player-testing!
    I THINK I've set things to a valid pre-boot state, but I need some help! The new updates are playing HELL with lighting on my computer, and I can't be sure what it will look like to someone who isn't suffering. :)

Please, download, take a few screenshots or animations of the interior lighting as you see it, and let me know what you find.

V1.0 reserved for Dev required or implemented changes

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    now heres the question of the year how does one spawn one of these?

Reaction score
    Eh, I suppose I could upload my trade station. May as well.

If somebody could give me a rundown on how to save and upload a station before the deadline then I'll upload it. If not, it's no crying shame.

That is assuming the contest is still on. I've not been paying attention.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Eh, I suppose I could upload my trade station. May as well.

If somebody could give me a rundown on how to save and upload a station before the deadline then I'll upload it. If not, it's no crying shame.

That is assuming the contest is still on. I've not been paying attention.
    Use /save (desired name) on the targeted station. Then exit the game and open up the ship manager from the options start up thing. Find the station in the list and export it. It will export it to a folder called "exported" in the blueprints folder. Take that file and upload it to the community site. Uploading is the easiest bit.

Reaction score
    Use /save (desired name) on the targeted station. Then exit the game and open up the ship manager from the options start up thing. Find the station in the list and export it. It will export it to a folder called "exported" in the blueprints folder. Take that file and upload it to the community site. Uploading is the easiest bit.
    I've tried that. In the DATA folder of the blueprint a 70kb file is generated, while in the DATA folder of a very small ship an 80kb file is generated. In others, 500kb files are generated. It feels as though the station file is too small, as though it's bugged. Perhaps I should upload it anyway. I suppose if something is wrong with it someone will probably let me know.

Thanks.

EDIT

Whup, never mind. The backup I had my station saved to apparently never saved. Isn't the first time this has happened (or the last, as the world I just backed up in order to access my station has also failed to save) so no uploading for me. Might make a bug report, in that case. As I said, no crying shame. There have been many better uploads, and mine would just add to the clutter.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd like to offer my Sphere-201 as a candidate for a station.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/sphere-201.628/

This sphere is 201 in diameter (with turrets size is a bit over 400 on a side) with multiple interior and exterior docking points.
    The 24 turrets offer plenty of coverage in every direction making this an excellent Pirate base.
    Turrets ready for customizing with new weapons systems (still uses old Cannons).
    Shields are impressive but not insane.
    Factories are limited but operational (waiting for crafting to be completed).
    Currently there is no logic installed (just haven't had the time).

Thanks for the consideration and if you see this in space you do NOT want to be on the wrong side of a faction.
    (In pervious versions the sector export worked better, try that if the .sment is faulty)

Attachments

Reactions: Blodge

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Hello! This is my second station for the contest. It is a pirate hub, a home base as it were for the pirates of StarMade.

Edit: Here's the link for dl
    http://starmadedock.net/content/pirate-hub-station.1059/

The station was abandoned until pirates came along and starting adding to it. It is meant to look functional, but also amalgamated with chunks of metal that the pirates have added on over time.

Hanger. This is the view you get once inside. Pieces of metal have been attached to the "ceiling" and "floor" of this area. Don't look down!

Pictures!

External hull. The ring was meant to mount turrets but I didn't have time. Perhaps later!

Entrance. While the hanger area is entirely exposed to space it is impractical to try flying in anywhere besides the entryway

Hanger. There are three landing pads. Everything is connected with walkways to other pads and the central elevator. The elevator is massive for cargo but it doesn't actually move.

The cargo room. This is the first "room". It houses all sorts of stolen goods, scrap metal and dangerous equipment. It also has a lovely glass ceiling, a remnant of when the station was under better management.

Main lobby. Basically this is where pirates chill and do pirate things. Not a lot here. Pirates aren't the ones for aesthetics. Unless it's stolen.

Power room. Meant to look dangerous!

Shield and power capacitors. Nothing much here. Just more systems.

I hope you enjoy the build, regardless if it wins anything or not!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.