CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    boiler rooms. self defence for the station other then turrets e.g. heat seeking missiles, light show (with beams) logic
    Has anyone made a station with a computer system using logic
    Overly complex logic systems are not allowed, as stated in the OP.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    If those stations get placed in a default spawn folder i think because of the size difference and complexity difference between all of these stations there should be a way to make them not spawn with the same probability.
    Maybe for each type 3 subfolders with common,uncommen and rare blueprints and some settings in the settings to make those spawn with 50,30,20 % or something like that.

I feel that would make more sense than having instead of a universe with cigar station (the trade default at the moment;) ) all over it, a giant pyramit or complex repair station or big killer asteroid everywhere ;)

Reaction score
    Not done yet but I thought I'd see what others thought of this. It's not the biggest, but it's rapidly becoming a lot bigger than I intended. This is for the trading guild. I've been trying to make a somewhat asymmetrical desine. This station includes a two tiered hangar, and bedrooms, and will include a medbay, more bedrooms, showers, shops, ect... kinda just adding what a truck stop/airport would have if the hotel was in the same building.

The next picture is the control room for the more finished half of the hangar. Pixel art is hard to make look good due to how the text doesn't line up consistently, and no option to set all characters to be a consistent width. But I think the tank display and starmap screens came out ok.

The solar panels will have to be moved or destroyed, as the placement ended up in the way of the hangar.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    EternallySlaying ... great art on the displays ... thought of that myself ... but was far to lazy to try it myself! Maybe someone makes a share thread with copy paste content for displayblocks ;) Got work so far ... great looking station!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    i love seeing everyone stations, makes me wish i had as much talent as you guys have, and btw, im currently running an older version of starmade (didnt play starmade for months because it kinda was boring when i first played it), can i still submit a station even tough my game is a bit outdated?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    boiler rooms. self defence for the station other then turrets e.g. heat seeking missiles, light show (with beams) logic
    Has anyone made a station with a computer system using logic
    No, but I try. I have already figured out a very efficient ram and already made a 3-state (change pw, inactive, active), 5-bit password ship.

It is just difficult as each bit ram requires 8 blocks (( each byte additional 3 (=67 per byte) + 4 blocks to cache the result )) and you also want to keep the amount of logic as low as possible.

Also copy+paste does not almost never copy linking. You have to link all 64x number bytes in your ram yourself - without bugs! :/
    The ram is the core of a computer after all.

For the contest, you should separate complex logic from simple logic. You may need to delete complex stuff if you want to have your station accepted (see rules).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So i figure, that as i don't know how to use smedit, and i don't have time before this competition ends to swap it all out for regular hull, i'll just enter it as it is. The devs can allways tell me to do it afterwards (before it goes in game) and then i'll get on it then.

Edit: Ok so here's my entry for an abandoned/neutral station:

I don't know if its a good thing or not, but i really like how its silhouette looks from a distance...

Download!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Trade Station Final Submission! I'm going to walk away from this project before I "one more thing" myself to death. :)

Trade Union R&D Memorandum

To: Regional Directors and Stellar managers
    Subject: new Ambassador Class Trading Hub

Our trademarked ringed cylinder stations are a venerable and recognizable symbol of the Trade Union throughout known space. Functionally, however, they leave much to be desired. The classic cylinder is an engineering marvel of stock retrieval and processing, but our customers view them as nothing more than automated points of exchange. Even the recent addition of station personnel leaves much to be desired. All alone, several junior trade representatives have, in their solitude, gone mad, joined the pirates, or even become tragically addicted to y-holes. Our current stations are also poorly defended against attack, relying on their shields and TU patrols for defense.
    --(continues at project page below)--

Full description and all images: http://gaeasson-shipwright.blogspot.com/2014/08/trade-station-final.html
    Sector Download: http://starmadedock.net/content/trade-guild-station.888

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like this station but not the exterior - too much blue in my opinion.

In the elevator logic, you can save 1 NOT:
    . . <-- not <-- or <-- act <------------- act
    and
    . . <--------- and <-- act <-- delays <-- act

Earlier you really got me confused with your right-to-left, but now I got the though that you built your XOR with 5 blocks - that enlightened my understanding of your evil mirror circuit.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Trade Station Final Submission! I'm going to walk away from this project before I "one more thing" myself to death. :)

Our trademarked ringed cylinder stations are a venerable and recognizable symbol of the Trade Union throughout known space. Functionally, however, they leave much to be desired. The classic cylinder is an engineering marvel of stock retrieval and processing, but our customers view them as nothing more than automated points of exchange. Even the recent addition of station personnel leaves much to be desired. All alone, several junior trade representatives have, in their solitude, gone mad, joined the pirates, or even become tragically addicted to y-holes. Our current stations are also poorly defended against attack, relying on their shields and TU patrols for defense.

Full description and all images: http://gaeasson-shipwright.blogspot.com/2014/08/trade-station-final.html
    Sector Download: http://starmadedock.net/content/trade-guild-station.888[/QUOTE]
    That's amazing! :eek:
    Although maybe a little patterning on the exterior walls to break-up the solid blue might make it even more impressive? Assuming doing so wouldn't put your life at risk, of course ;)

Reaction score

nice station but wow dat wedging, i feel sorry for you for the amount of wedges you had to place :P

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

HOLYMOTHEROFYHOLESTHATISFREAKINGAMAZING!!! I will vote for that. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.