CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    ok,before i start building more complicated details,let me show you guys the basic shell of the future trade guild central station,tell me what you think guys
    That thing is GORGEOUS! I don't think you ever need to ask what we think, I'm pretty confident in saying whatever you do is going to always come out amazing.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like the classic " halo like" design and the overall shapes, thumb up! maybe little more glass windows if its an civilian station?
    Trading guild is only partialy military i think. like some connection bridges with thick glass or something,

psteiner not bad but maybe you should add more detail and wedges :D

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: King Kaulitz
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I like the classic " halo like" design and the overall shapes, thumb up! maybe little more glass windows if its an civilian station?
    Trading guild is only partialy military i think. like some connection bridges with thick glass or something,

psteiner not bad but maybe you should add more detail and wedges :D
    indeed some good ideas from you ,i will do that :)

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    ok,before i start building more complicated details,let me show you guys the basic shell of the future trade guild central station,tell me what you think guys
    Thats better than I expected this early. Did you edit the photo? It looks like there's a filter on it or something. Not that it matters. Well done!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    its incredible, but remind me off a ship, i cant get that off my head, i know it will look even better

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    its incredible, but remind me off a ship, i cant get that off my head, i know it will look even better
    yeap,on the right side i will build a shipyard/fuel depot thing,so this is only half of the station you see here :)
    but thank you for kind words :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Contest Entry
    This is a design for an automated, zero G Fuel Depot for the Trade Guild.

A cheap automated design means that it requires no crew to run. It is designed to operate in deep space. Friendly Ships are free to dock at one of it's 4 fueling arms. The station also keeps a small supply of essentials on hand in a shop for those that need it. It hosts 8 small beam turrets as defences.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/trade-guild-fuel-depot-space-station-contest-entry.864/

Complete Album
    http://imgur.com/a/fh9oI#0

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    not to nit pick, but has anyone else besides me followed the rules by posting the stations to the community content?

all I've seen so far is pictures?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    lordWolfe The post above you has been submitted and waiting for approval.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    not to nit pick, but has anyone else besides me followed the rules by posting the stations to the community content?

I'm not done yet. Those are drafts for critique on design and composure.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations

It has been like one day and those stations aren't finished. We have three weeks to work on them.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    How about grass, dirt, wood, leaves, flowers, ect. for a Biodome?
    Those aren't exactly valuable blocks, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. Just Don't be adding any Cactus! (He did say to limit Valuable blocks). Though I wouldn't expect to see a bio-dome on a pirate or abandoned station.

Space Needs more gardens!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Those aren't exactly valuable blocks, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. Just Don't be adding any Cactus! (He did say to limit Valuable blocks). Though I wouldn't expect to see a bio-dome on a pirate or abandoned station.

Space Needs more gardens!
    I was planning on a vastly overgrown (someone will have to fly around trimming trees, just to make it perty) long abandoned greenhouse. I suppose there might be very few leaves anywhere except against the glass. Inside would be long beastly branches and a few patches of flowers which can withstand the constant shade. (Think Lost In Space '98 )

Are Pirates only slightly above the Reaver level? I thought they would be more like 'the end justifies the means, and I am hungry?' They could even be highly educated philosophical folk, just on the wrong side of the law.

In space gardens are a must, even for brigands. ;)

Last edited:
    D

Deleted member 301635

Are Pirates only slightly above the Reaver level? I thought they would be more like 'the end justifies the means, and I am hungry?' They could even be highly educated philosophical folk, just on the wrong side of the law.
    Theories on why the pirates are hostile:
    • They're in it for the money/loot.
    • They're hungry and need food.
    • They're trading guild personel who've gone insane and have taken over derelict stations.
    • They're just people protesting about the omnipotent trading guild, and as such are deemed 'evil'.

Reactions: WarmasterRaptor

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Hmm, I may as well throw in my WIP for the neutral hat.

Am I the only one who wishes there was a space car-wash like this populating the universe? Wish no more! I present to you a derelict station with automated astrotechnobeams, for when you fly just a tad too close to the sun on your journey.

Currently version 0.5,
    -functional logic with auto shut-down
    -basic shielding
    -unfinished interior
    -visual timer indicators

Your comments and critiques are appreciated as the design evolves.

http://starmadedock.net/content/derelict-repair-depot.867/

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I know a lot of people have already started, but I think there should be a block limit. Many players (especially new players) are running 32 bit java, without memory allocations increased, and 600*600*600 is a lot of blocks (even a hollow, one block thick cube that size is over 2 million).

Status
    Not open for further replies.