CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I have started, What do you guys think?

Still very early but I like how it is turning out so far. It is some sort of station for the trade guild, haven't decided yet.
    its like an gas station ;)

Reaction score
    The timing of this contest is just terrible for me. It's been about 6 months now that my passion has been building stations... unfortunately... that passion has since faded.... A combination of this and RL is preventing me from participating in the contest.

That being said, I'm very excited to see all the great stations you're all coming up with! Keep 'em coming everyone!

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Calbiri
    I do not know if you have read my two posts here in this thread
    But I would love to know if my idea is something that is capable of being in the game. (If my station concept gets accepted).

The station is a module design and my idea is that it is supposed to be randomly generated with the different modules that I am making, it will be connected with small pathway like things.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Calbiri
    I do not know if you have read my two posts here in this thread
    But I would love to know if my idea is something that is capable of being in the game. (If my station concept gets accepted).

The station is a module design and my idea is that it is supposed to be randomly generated with the different modules that I am making, it will be connected with small pathway like things.
    ok,dont get mad at me for saying this (as many others tend to)the reason we have station contest is to have beautiful stations,good looking ones,the old station looks modular and boring,so your idea sounds like that,but if you indeed have really good looking prebuilt modules and a good code for placing them together,then by all means,i would love to see them

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    ok,dont get mad at me for saying this (as many others tend to)the reason we have station contest is to have beautiful stations,good looking ones,the old station looks modular and boring,so your idea sounds like that,but if you indeed have really good looking prebuilt modules and a good code for placing them together,then by all means,i would love to see them
    I am not making it like the old stations.
    But rather as it is actually modules that gets docked onto a bit of a station.
    Ten, you have seen my pictures, if you look closely you can see the pathways Im talking about.

What I am building is a core station that will have modules such as hangars, med bays, and so on "docked" to it.
    It would be amazing if it would be random which modules that would be placed with the core.

ps. I do not get mad that easily :P

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I am not making it like the old stations.
    But rather as it is actually modules that gets docked onto a bit of a station.
    Ten, you have seen my pictures, if you look closely you can see the pathways Im talking about.

What I am building is a core station that will have modules such as hangars, med bays, and so on "docked" to it.
    It would be amazing if it would be random which modules that would be placed with the core.
    ooh that was yours? yeah that is cool :) ,i would love that on mushroom fleet for "dungeons" but with more module variety,but for station contest,i dont think it will pass,you must understand.. these 15 stations from contest will represent the game on its launch,so everything must look good,stations are a big part of this game,and they can have even bigger role in the future

Reactions: Nauvran

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    ooh that was yours? yeah that is cool :) ,i would love that on mushroom fleet for "dungeons" but with more module variety,but for station contest,i dont think it will pass,you must understand.. these 15 stations from contest will represent the game on its launch,so everything must look good,stations are a big part of this game,and they can have even bigger role in the future
    This one is indeed my creation (http://i.imgur.com/bNBDCXS.png)
    I will upload it whenever its done :P
    Multiple versions or not.
    And I will make as many different modules as possible, maybe even different versions of the same kind of module.

I know, I know.
    It was just an idea that I thought would be cool to have in the game.

Reaction score
    LunaMoonbringer
    I will leave it up to the Schine developers after it is submitted.
    Actually, they have already decided.
    please do not submit the work of others however, no matter how cool you think it is.
    This is not only a matter of fairness, principle or whatever you might want to call it, but also a legal issue. Building a space station in StarMade is a creative process—therefore a submitted space station is copyrighted (by the creator). Winners will probably have to sign some legal papers—how will you do this, if you're not the creator? Doing so anyhow would be a criminal offense in probably every country.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10

This is not only a matter of fairness, principle or whatever you might want to call it, but also a legal issue. Building a space station in StarMade is a creative process—therefore a submitted space station is copyrighted (by the creator). Winners will probably have to sign some legal papers—how will you do this, if you're not the creator? Doing so anyhow would be a criminal offense in probably every country.
    Ohhh god
    That means the Dev team needs to see my horrible handwriting?!?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2

Good grief. I am at work currently using my galaxy to read the forum, but to quell all this nonsense when I arrive at home I will post the conversation I had with the guy. He gave me a set of conditions that I had to follow, and I happily agreed to them.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Would team Schema have any objections to using hardened hull on just one section of a station? I realize Hardened hull is pricy, and therefore a treasure in itself, but for the abandoned neutral station I'm working on, I'd like to do just the power plant hull in hardened hull, gives it that "this is important and/or explody" feel. The rest of the station will be in standard hull.

If using hardened hull is a no-go, that's fine, I have no problem doing this in standard, I'd just like to know now while I'm still in the doodles-on-paper/ms paint early stage of the build.

(The power plant is going to be mostly empty, by the way. It will be up to the player to fill it up to their own design)

Reaction score
    how did you get that faint shield thing?
    Like other ppl said, the shields have simply ice crystals on the edge and screens are made from water. On realistic they are quite transparent and adding a bunch of them in a line creates an interesting effect.

Now again tho I wont be using that station, not only its an empty shell, it also might be too big AND its made out of hard hull :p

ok,before i start building more complicated details,let me show you guys the basic shell of the future trade guild central station,tell me what you think guys
    Love it! You definatly follow a similar aestethic so thats an automatic upvote from me. Could I interest you with some docked ships to match? :D

Reaction score
    Like other ppl said, the shields have simply ice crystals on the edge and screens are made from water. On realistic they are quite transparent and adding a bunch of them in a line creates an interesting effect.

Now again tho I wont be using that station, not only its an empty shell, it also might be too big AND its made out of hard hull :p

Love it! You definatly follow a similar aestethic so thats an automatic upvote from me. Could I interest you with some docked ships to match? :D

Those ships are beautiful, may we have some more please sir?

Reaction score
    Thanks but that wouldn`t be relevant to the topic, plus not that many I really made, I usually stop half way and never finish them. Got some ideas running for stations, I guess Ill start. I am afraid that I will fail with interiors horribly, I have almost no experience there :(

Reaction score
    Thanks but that wouldn`t be relevant to the topic, plus not that many I really made, I usually stop half way and never finish them. Got some ideas running for stations, I guess Ill start. I am afraid that I will fail with interiors horribly, I have almost no experience there :(
    I understand, maybe you could share them as WIP's? I'd love to see them in-game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.