CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigdude601

Nastral's Step Dad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Look closer, The outline is brown but the lighting/flooring is blue/grey caution lines are to denote caution :)

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Can schema put in an algorithm to damage random blocks for the neutral/abandoned stations? It would be cool if the same type didn't spawn with the same damage every time. Maybe some could spawn with zero damage.
    schema this ^

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

Im already demotivated , i made a small trading post but i have to rework the whole docking area due to the silly fact that docking modules cannot be "rotated" und the ship always faces the same way no matter wich way the docking module faces.

While certainly i coulda taken caution of this, its a silly restriction and i dont like being restricted by sillyness and feel somewhat betrayed if i have to rework the whole thing just because of this, after all i chose this alignment because i liked it this way. :p

*sigh* here the album
    http://imgur.com/a/4HyxC

*edit* now corrected and upgraded with bigger containership.

Upload:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/tradingpost-station-competition.862/

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Can I label rooms, or would that break the 'one display panel' rule?
    All the rules say are "No personal Signs/symbols of yourself, your faction, server or affiliations." So long as your room names don't include your own name or those of your mates, then I don't see a problem.

For example calling a room "Docking Bay 1" should be fine. Calling it "HeadVsBrickWall's Private Dock" would not be fine ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Ive been working for a while and had some basic idea forming on how the new default stations should look.

I have decided to contribute this.

I really thought about what the trade guild was, they seemed like a bunch of traders that built in the most remote places, and sold their wares to anyone willing to pay their prices. they also made me instantly think about a used spaceship salesman, so I literally constructed the station on the premise of a used car lot.

this station has two enclosed hangers for possibly a trucking trade ship to dock in. but it also has the one large shopping cart inspired design, additional docks for displaying of the ships which the shop mite offer to sell the weary player space travelers.Iit also does sport four basic rapid firing cannon turrets for defense, but I was thinking if the contest wished it mite be allowed to remove them should that be a bit too much.

the link to the submission page.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/sapcemart.857/

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Ive been working for a while and had some basic idea forming on how the new default stations should look.

I have decided to contribute this.

I really thought about what the trade guild was, they seemed like a bunch of traders that built in the most remote places, and sold their wares to anyone willing to pay their prices. they also made me instantly think about a used spaceship salesman, so I literally constructed the station on the premise of a used car lot.

this station has two enclosed hangers for possibly a trucking trade ship to dock in. but it also has the one large shopping cart inspired design, additional docks for displaying of the ships which the shop mite offer to sell the weary player space travelers.Iit also does sport four basic rapid firing cannon turrets for defense, but I was thinking if the contest wished it mite be allowed to remove them should that be a bit too much.

the link to the submission page.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/sapcemart.857/
    i dont think you can write "spacemart" here,read the rules once more

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    i dont think you can write "spacemart" here,read the rules once more
    Where do the rules say you can't? I didn't see anything about that, just no faction symbols or personal insignia. Unless lordWolfe is in a faction called Spacemart, I think it's fine :P

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i made the name completely up, it is not a faction, its not a symbol of any other such organization. it has nothing to do with me or anyone else, or any real or imaginative thing! what so ever.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So no "Trading Guild" letters anywhere on your station?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    if your allowed to put a SHOP! sign on yours. then I'm allowed to make up a fictional company. don't be a hypocrite!
    you are calling me a hypocrite? how? im just trying to help you..
    here are the rules for this,as you see ..no personal signs,key word "personal"
    where did you see me writing something on the station i havent even released yet?
    no need for name calling damnit,just trying to help
    • No personal Signs/symbols of yourself, your faction, server or affiliations.
      • You are allowed to credit yourself in one display block:
      • Built By: “your name here”
    i will copy rules here..
    • Blue-ish for trading guild, (a prefabbed/factory built look with a civilians eye for aesthetics and prestige or class.)
      • Needs to include a spawn block.
      • Needs to include a faction block.
      • May include a shop block, but not all trade guild stations require one.
    • Red-ish for pirates, (a scrappy, amalgamated, dangerous look, they take what they find and piece together mean looking ships to intimidate.)
      • Needs to include a faction block.
    • Neutral should look abandoned. You may even damage it to look better.

General Guidelines
    • Max size: 600m x 600m x 600m; This includes the size of your docking zones (keep in mind that the station has to render relatively well on all hardware.)
    • Max turrets: 24
      • Turret may be included on all stations, AI aggression will be set accordingly, depending on faction and your actions.
    • Faction permission on docking zones are allowed (except for pirate stations.)
    • Only official in-shop available blocks may be used.
    • Try not to use many rare blocks (no secret pockets of valuable blocks build in.)
    • Do not use any ore blocks.
    • Simple logic only (area/step-on triggers for some traps, doors, gravity are welcome.)
    • No personal Signs/symbols of yourself, your faction, server or affiliations.
      • You are allowed to credit yourself in one display block:
      • Built By: “your name here”
    • All lore included on display blocks must be content neutral (no specific genre’s, characters or story elements.)
    • Stations may be upgraded by the creator (or us) later if needed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    look it was a whimsical joke name, like SPACE BUY or some other real company spoof! if your going to disqualify it on that grounds forget it! I'm gonna call you all hypocrites and say your just jealous you didn't think of trying it first!

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    look it was a whimsical joke name, like SPACE BUY or some other real company spoof! if your going to disqualify it on that grounds forget it! In gonna call you all hypocrites and say your just jealous you didn't think about it first!
    dear lordwolfe,if you think im jealous,there is something wrong with you,i will post my picture today,and we will see who is jealous..
    why are you acting like a child? im trying to help you.. i will not disqualify you.. i have no powers here,but schine staff will if they decide that its againt the rules

i think your station looks cool! but stop neglecting my help if you want your station to be in top5 default ones

Reactions: theamon

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    If there is a Problem with her submission, then Calbiri or another mod will address it. Don't press on people to change their submissions based on your interpretation of the rules.

Whats more Traders are known as Plex Co. aren't they? Or at least those are the people who make the various blocks :p I would like to see a factory-based Station what a big "Plex Co." Sign, but under the rule you posted, that is not allowed? What about possible Trade guild competitors? Maybe Plex Co just makes the Blocks and Various Trading groups (which make up the Trading Guild) Sell them across the universe?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    If there is a Problem with her submission, then Calbiri or another mod will address it. Don't press on people to change their submissions based on your interpretation of the rules.

Whats more Traders are known as Plex Co. aren't they? Or at least those are the people who make the various blocks :p I would like to see a factory-based Station what a big "Plex Co." Sign, but under the rule you posted, that is not allowed? What about possible Trade guild competitors? Maybe Plex Co just makes the Blocks and Various Trading groups (which make up the Trading Guild) Sell them across the universe?
    ok,i wont say anything else,we will wait for calbiri or someone else to decide,i was just trying to help,jeezus ,its like minefield here ..say anything about someones build,and you are burned alive
    this is a contest,if you guys cant take critique,then dont compete

Reactions: theamon
    Status
    Not open for further replies.