CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Read, it's: "Faction permission on docking zones are allowed (except for pirate stations.)"
    It only means that placing a faction permission module next to a docking module is forbidden on pirate stations.
    Ahh, right, thanks; I thought it was, I just wanted to double check before spending hours working on a hanger only to realize I had to remove it.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Question 1: In which categories can stations be modular?(I'm not talking about chain-docked)

Question 2: Could I submit a station blueprint generator(written in java) instead of station(s) generated by it?

If no(Question 2), I'll just submit (some) stations the generator generates.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Um, do shops need systems? After all, aren't the shops supposed to be indestructible?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Um, do shops need systems? After all, aren't the shops supposed to be indestructible?
    Trade Stations aren't solely shops. Being traders, they might have shops on board, but it isn't necessary.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    There are 3 Categories, so there would be 5 Pirate, 5 trade and 5 Neutral stations chosen to be added. 15 in Total :eek:

There's a loose guideline on the first post as well (Colour and theme, size, etc).
    Yeah. I still haven't learnt not to skim read then reply.... Oh well. Yeah this option better, nice to have a lot of variety. Although I do think the Trading guild stations should all have a similar look :)

Reaction score
    Trade Stations aren't solely shops. Being traders, they might have shops on board, but it isn't necessary.
    That doesn't answer the question (which is also the one I'm having). Are there any guidelines regarding systems (shields, energy, weapons) and interior?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I would assume Shields and power and systems are Allowed on Pirate and Trading Stations (Dunno about Neutral, maybe some since they are abandoned). Though would be nice to have an idea on what the limit is on these blocks.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    that is what im asking the whole day!!! what about shields,power,interior

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    i dont wanna start building before im sure that we can fill up station with power and shields,
    im going full crazy godzilla mode on this contest,so you cant be too carefull

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Yea I am also curious if the interior is an requirement

Also I have this badboy lying around but it neither fits the Trade colour scheme, nor the pirate style :(

Your welcome to submit this station for any catagory you wish, it does looks like a pirate stations, it could also fit in the neutral catagory, additionally, if you reskin it, it can work as the trade guild.

Reactions: canadianchuck

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Please include concrete numbers in the OP.

I would allow for each station (100 + 3-5% of total mass) valueable blocks, set limits to 25'000 to 1'000'000 mass (common stations?) and count all weapon, shield, power, etc blocks as valueable.
    I would allow 1 logic block for each 10 non-logic blocks in a room, etc (including open space and visible deco blocks, excluding empty parts of walls)

Don't get me wrong - that is what I would do and a suggestion for the OP

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I dont think there needs to be that much specifing Neon. Logic should more or less be limited to simple things, like maybe shifting Gravity and Lava Traps, Basic Door locks, etc.

Normal people dont really Like equations, and I doubt there will be any set formulas in the contest :p People just need a Base Value to see if they are making their Station Way too weak or Strong (Though a range would be nice to see ingame).

I mean, at this point most of the community still don't know how much shields X sized ships should have, could use a little more help clarifying the expect shield range for example.

Reaction score
    A few clarifications;

• You may include systems on your stations, they need not be godlike however, so don't make them, min-max cubes please.
    • Interiors are certainly preferable to a hollow shell... To the point that I think most interiors would win over even the shiniest hollow shell
    • Try not to use many ingots/crystals, these are going to be part of the new crafting system and are the equivilant of gold plating your station
    • Each Category can fulfill various functions, Trade Guild stations can be research bases, fuel depots, civilian bases, etc. same for the other factions, pirates and the abandoned stations, they can all be designed to serve any role.
    • We left the guidelines (numbers) less specific because we would prefer to see what you can do, rather than force you to make a specific thing, if too many shields (other systems) are added, we can always ask you to take some out if your station is selected, so just try to be reasonable. Try to think of it as a faction who must spend these actual blocks to make the stations, you wouldn't make it purely of shield blocks.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    absolutely can't wait to see what ppl make.

Im really hoping for some ghost ships for abandoned stations!

hey Calbiri how will loot chests be handled? do we have to place them ourselves or will the game place it randomly for us when it spawns?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.