CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Can schema put in an algorithm to damage random blocks for the neutral/abandoned stations? It would be cool if the same type didn't spawn with the same damage every time. Maybe some could spawn with zero damage.

Reactions: Eatcake9

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A weapon factory or treasury will for sure have more defence than a trade station or a trash recycler base.
    A trade station for hostile territory for sure more than one in secure space.

But I love formulas ;)

Reaction score
    This contest has really got me thinking, mainly about the gameplay mechanics of Star Made. Just musing here, but wouldn't it be cool to have a star made experience similar to adventure maps in Minecraft? Or what if not just 15 different stations in vanilla star made, but literally hundreds, based on user submissions, and to have them sort of tiered in such a way that the further you venture into space from spawn, the more dangerous and rewarding your efforts. Imagine also the ability to allow the community to make custom npc races, civilizations, etc. and that with each new sector generation the dice is rolled and pulled from a network of all community uploaded content, so that all possible adventure maps would exist in potential in the one star made universe, so that there would be no need to download different 'maps or scenarios'. Blah blah blah, like I said just musing, pay me no heed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This contest has really got me thinking, mainly about the gameplay mechanics of Star Made. Just musing here, but wouldn't it be cool to have a star made experience similar to adventure maps in Minecraft? Or what if not just 15 different stations in vanilla star made, but literally hundreds, based on user submissions, and to have them sort of tiered in such a way that the further you venture into space from spawn, the more dangerous and rewarding your efforts. Imagine also the ability to allow the community to make custom npc races, civilizations, etc. and that with each new sector generation the dice is rolled and pulled from a network of all community uploaded content, so that all possible adventure maps would exist in potential in the one star made universe, so that there would be no need to download different 'maps or scenarios'. Blah blah blah, like I said just musing, pay me no heed.
    Sounds a lot like spore, but with stations.

D

Deleted member 301635

Can I label rooms, or would that break the 'one display panel' rule?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Is there a minimum size limit? I was thinking of creating a small outpost-y thing, or maybe a small wrecked . . . outpost-y thing.

Reaction score
    Making a station out of hardened hull would propably count as making it a huge treasure box, that stuff is valuable.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    So I just measured out 600 block tall pole to get an idea for the size of my station. That's huge. I didn't think you guys would go that big if you were trying to keep it reasonable for everyone. Either way, I am going ahead with my would be now very large station :)

Reaction score
    So I just measured out 600 block tall pole to get an idea for the size of my station. That's huge. I didn't think you guys would go that big if you were trying to keep it reasonable for everyone. Either way, I am going ahead with my would be now very large station :)
    Maybe the devs are making gigantism canon?

Nevertheless the ISS is around 100M long so 600 isn't too unreasonable!

Reaction score
    Making a station out of hardened hull would propably count as making it a huge treasure box, that stuff is valuable.
    Well, the trading guild probably has many moneyz, they could certainly pay for it. Also, since their stations were indestructible in the past, that wouldn't be a problem if it stayed that way.

Reaction score
    Apologies in advance for my bad English - I am French. ( But I've a great Traductor ! :) )

Hello there !

I join this forum to enter the default stations contest, which I hope to win ! I wish the best of luck to all the other contestants, who will for sure be serious challengers !

I have a question though : How do I save the blueprint for a station ?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Apologies in advance for my bad English - I am French. ( But I've a great Traductor ! :) )

Hello there !

I join this forum to enter the default stations contest, which I hope to win ! I wish the best of luck to all the other contestants, who will for sure be serious challengers !

I have a question though : How do I save the blueprint for a station ?
    build in singeplayer,and while in build block of that station.. type /save stationcontest

P.S. i will win ;D

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    watch out for rules guys..
    bigdude601,that is not blue-ish
    trade guild is blue

Status
    Not open for further replies.