CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Hello! This is my second station for the contest. It is a pirate hub, a home base as it were for the pirates of StarMade.

The station was abandoned until pirates came along and starting adding to it. It is meant to look functional, but also amalgamated with chunks of metal that the pirates have added on over time.

Hanger. This is the view you get once inside. Pieces of metal have been attached to the "ceiling" and "floor" of this area. Don't look down!

Pictures!

External hull. The ring was meant to mount turrets but I didn't have time. Perhaps later!

Entrance. While the hanger area is entirely exposed to space it is impractical to try flying in anywhere besides the entryway

Hanger. There are three landing pads. Everything is connected with walkways to other pads and the central elevator. The elevator is massive for cargo but it doesn't actually move.

The cargo room. This is the first "room". It houses all sorts of stolen goods, scrap metal and dangerous equipment. It also has a lovely glass ceiling, a remnant of when the station was under better management.

Main lobby. Basically this is where pirates chill and do pirate things. Not a lot here. Pirates aren't the ones for aesthetics. Unless it's stolen.

Power room. Meant to look dangerous!

Shield and power capacitors. Nothing much here. Just more systems.

I hope you enjoy the build, regardless if it wins anything or not!
    That is just.. Just freaking amazing. All them struts, all them pretties :eek:

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Hello! This is my second station for the contest. It is a pirate hub, a home base as it were for the pirates of StarMade.

The station was abandoned until pirates came along and starting adding to it. It is meant to look functional, but also amalgamated with chunks of metal that the pirates have added on over time.

Hanger. This is the view you get once inside. Pieces of metal have been attached to the "ceiling" and "floor" of this area. Don't look down!

Pictures!

External hull. The ring was meant to mount turrets but I didn't have time. Perhaps later!

Entrance. While the hanger area is entirely exposed to space it is impractical to try flying in anywhere besides the entryway

Hanger. There are three landing pads. Everything is connected with walkways to other pads and the central elevator. The elevator is massive for cargo but it doesn't actually move.

The cargo room. This is the first "room". It houses all sorts of stolen goods, scrap metal and dangerous equipment. It also has a lovely glass ceiling, a remnant of when the station was under better management.

Main lobby. Basically this is where pirates chill and do pirate things. Not a lot here. Pirates aren't the ones for aesthetics. Unless it's stolen.

Power room. Meant to look dangerous!

Shield and power capacitors. Nothing much here. Just more systems.

I hope you enjoy the build, regardless if it wins anything or not!
    That turned out a lot better than I had expected when you first reviled a wip. Great job!

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    That is just.. Just freaking amazing. All them struts, all them pretties :eek:
    That turned out a lot better than I had expected when you first reviled a wip. Great job!
    Thanks. There is certainly a lot of imperfections that I missed when I made those scrap coverings. I'll be posting a polished version later on. For now I'm giving these stations a rest though.

Reaction score
    My submission is a relay station owned by the pirates. It contains two small radio dishes for short range communications and a large antenna for long range communications. The station also has a control building, a small docking area for maintenance ships and an array of solar panels. This station is usually uninhabited, but sometimes a technician checks whether everything is still working.
    I don't have a lot of time so my station doesn't have turrets at the moment. Other than that it's completely finished in my eyes.

http://starmadedock.net/content/pirate-relay-station.1061/

If you want to see me working on it, here is the video link:

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Pirate Nexus group build: RELEASE!

Sioux Fleetworks, EFSF, and SkyCorp are proud to present:

Pirate Nexus
    Station Contest Entry by,
    Skylord Luke, Dalmont, and Raiben

We put a lot of effort into this station, and hope you all love her as much as we enjoyed the build!

Heh, she was a bit temperamental, but a joy to build, tons of love and hard work went into this one, I hope you guys like it as much as we do!

Reactions: Crushtime
    Reaction score
    ((Here is my Trade Station. I had vacation right in the middle of the contest and would not have finished if they had not extended it another week. (whew!))

May I present the Universal Automated Trade Emporium. Capitalism at it's finest. This station is owned by the Trade Guild and designed to house everything that is in it's store block and I mean EVERYTHING. Using state of the art robotic employees with bright shiny smiles (they're invisible) to locate and retrieve all of your store purchases and deliver them to your ship near instantaneously. Why, they'll even sell you your life back after you've died, for a small fee of course. The Trade Guild will see to your every need, provided they have been restocked lately.

As for aesthetics, think WalMart in the far future with a heavy industrial accent and a touch of 1930's commercial art decco. Grandiose magnificence, eye-catching from several sectors, and yes, maybe a little gaudy. But hey, the Trade Guild can afford it. Power reactors and capacitors, shield capacitors and rechargers, even has 8 alcoves hardened for turrets if needed. And most of all levels and levels of lovely SHELVES, to hold all the crap in the universe! And so efficient-no creature comforts here. All automated baby. Just land on one of the four expansive pads, saunter up to the desk and place your order to our friendly vid screen representatives. Feel free to explore below decks and see how the Trade Guild works it's magic. At least, see how they want you to see how they work their magic. This station is the 'Ultimate Capitalism in the Universe'!

http://starmadedock.net/content/trade-guild-station.1063/

Thanks for shopping with us!

starmade-screenshot-0031.png starmade-screenshot-0000 copy.jpg starmade-screenshot-0002.jpg starmade-screenshot-0003.jpg starmade-screenshot-0004.jpg starmade-screenshot-0005.jpg starmade-screenshot-0007.jpg starmade-screenshot-0008.jpg starmade-screenshot-0009.jpg

Attachments

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Nice trick:

If you want make stairs, use glass wedges to make them less annoying to use.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    http://starmadedock.net/content/erebus-class-shipyard.1064/

I have finished, Ich bin Fertig!

I am pretty proud of this station, especially with the capacity to which one could customize one if they were they to take one over. Also, to me it feels as though it is an actual place where some fictitious worker would work to fix up some fictitious ship.

Best of luck to all the applicants and whomever is dumb enough to wait as long as I did to enter their finished product.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    http://starmadedock.net/content/erebus-class-shipyard.1064/

I have finished, Ich bin Fertig!

I am pretty proud of this station, especially with the capacity to which one could customize one if they were they to take one over. Also, to me it feels as though it is an actual place where some fictitious worker would work to fix up some fictitious ship.

Best of luck to all the applicants and whomever is dumb enough to wait as long as I did to enter their finished product.
    I really like this, as long as we can vote for more than one station expect atleast one vote ;)

Reaction score
    I don't exactly love all of that extra detailing... It was good as a simple double-pyramid; all that fluff is just... a bit ugly, no offense.
    Unfortunately I'd have to agree with Ithirahad. While, the internals of the station are rather nice. The outside just feels off. I think it might be with the amount of different colored light used. While it's a lot nicer to see compared to the flat triangular slopes. There just seems to be a slight imbalance of some kind with the exterior.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'm not sure if i like this with all the extra detailing now It has a nice, refit feel to it which makes i seem like it has been there for a long time and the crew do what ever is needed to keep it online, but it feels like you was trying too hard to stand next to all the amazingly over detailed builds here. This was my favorite build, and the one of the few that actually felt like it fit the roll, but now it just feels abit... meh.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    For everyone's viewing pleasure, I present to you the Head Quarters Station for The Trade Guild

http://starmadedock.net/content/trade-guild-head-quarters.1065/

Some of the more unique features are the power generation units on the sides have rotating fan blades

Lots of docking for all sizes of ships

For those evenings when you just want to relax, don't forget to check out the bar on the main level

In case you drink too much and put your self into the medical wing, look on the bright side, at least its nice here

Now if your short term memory wont come back because of all the drinking, take heart its easy to navigate the station with all the helpful signs.

Sadly when you have to get some work done, come spend your work time in style if you are the CEO, the lowest cargo packing technician or a engineer.

Lastly what station would not be complete without a giant sci-fi pit / trench / something to scare your friends who are afraid of heights.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did putting it together.
    ~ShinNoir

Edit: fixed the pictures so we don't have to wait for the approval, sadly I was not thinking that through when I posted it at 5am.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Blodge
    Status
    Not open for further replies.