CIR - Term 2 Councilors Announced

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Why haven't the stats been released yet?
    The developer who wrote the stats calculator is no longer here, and the stats are incorrect with the new system as we removed the 5 preferences max vote (the results script was updated to the new system, which is why we were able to release results). Unfortunately, we were unable to get a stats calculation on day 1, so the choice was made to release the results before the stats to meet the deadline.

that it was not a fraudulent election.
    This should not be a concern, we don't have to run an election to choose councillors and we don't have to accept all applications. In fact, we don't accept all applications, if the user/application does not meet the minimum required standard, the application is rejected. I see no reason for "fraudulent" activity, when if we wished, we could elect them ourselves... and we could dedicate election resources elsewhere.

As for cheating in the election, that is not tolerated and will immediately disqualify the user and most likely deny them the opportunity of running again.

I agree that the results should have been released on day 1. Unfortunately, we were unable to do so. Due to other things happening in Schine at the moment, they were delayed, today they are being worked on and should be available within the next few days.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Kind of suspicious that dsgraves received just about the same amount of votes as keptick and holycookie yet somehow didnt get elected...
    How do you know this, exactly? I don't see the vote results anywhere.

Reaction score
    How do you know this, exactly? I don't see the vote results anywhere.
    When our group voted dsgraves was included. Maybe he was unknown to the rest of the community and didnt receive any of their votes.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    When our group voted dsgraves was included. Maybe he was unknown to the rest of the community and didnt receive any of their votes.
    Well, since the first person you vote for who actually "wins" gets your vote, if you all had holycookie as #1 and graves as #2, then all your votes went to cookie.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Basically, your votes only go to one person. So assuming that you all had holycookie as #1 then he got all the votes in the first elimination round, and made it to the second. Since cookie got the votes none of them were transfered to graves, he was eliminated. The system is designed so that each group has a more or less equal chance at getting a representative in. And to ensure that a single massive group can't influence the composition of the entire council.

Seriously, watch the video:

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    Basically, your votes only go to one person. So assuming that you all had holycookie as #1 then he got all the votes in the first elimination round, and made it to the second. Since cookie got the votes none of them were transfered to graves, he was eliminated. The system is designed so that each group has a more or less equal chance at getting a representative in. And to ensure that a single massive group can't influence the composition of the entire council.

Seriously, watch the video:
    No i understand how it works, but many players voted for dsgraves as #1 pick as well

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    No i understand how it works, but many players voted for dsgraves as #1 pick as well
    How do you know that? :) Unless you just mean Odium/Vaygr, in which case... the community is a lot larger than just you guys, you know.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    [generic comment about the 20+ odium alt accounts that could have easily been used for voting]

Reaction score
    [generic comment about the 20+ odium alt accounts that could have easily been used for voting]
    Vaygr steam group has around 50 players, not to mention all the other groups.

All it takes is a simple mass message to get everyone involved.

So you can stop accusing us of made up bs.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Dunno about that. I think this whole alts business is far too overrated. This isn't EVE Online after all.
    Do you have any idea how hilariously easy it would be to build up a bunch of fake accounts to vote with? Tons of fake accounts, all on a different IP, give them a few posts or small content suggestions to make them look Xtra Real™? Only buyers being able to vote is the only way to prevent that kind of thing.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Do you have any idea how hilariously easy it would be to build up a bunch of fake accounts to vote with? Tons of fake accounts, all on a different IP, give them a few posts or small content suggestions to make them look Xtra Real™? Only buyers being able to vote is the only way to prevent that kind of thing.
    Or not encouraging using such evil strats. Like, who in Hell who hasn't played games like EVE before would come up with this kinda crap?...
    Wait...
    I know.
    Politicians.

Anyway. I'm not sure the "Pay to vote" (I know, very extremist wording) would solve more problems than it'd bring up.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Or not encouraging using such evil strats. Like, who in Hell who hasn't played games like EVE before would come up with this kinda crap?...
    Wait...
    I know.
    Politicians.

Anyway. I'm not sure the "Pay to vote" (I know, very extremist wording) would solve more problems than it'd bring up.
    It would solve the issues of vote fraud, first of all. Secondly, I don't really think people who haven't even bought the game should be electing the people who play a part in the future of it.

The only way to discourage "using such evil strats" is to make them not work.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It would solve the issues of vote fraud, first of all. Secondly, I don't really think people who haven't even bought the game should be electing the people who play a part in the future of it.
    ...You know what? You're right. Free accounts are entitled to shut up. No, I'm not being sarcastic and/or ironic about it.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    personally i think it would be better to not have the pay to vote thing, reason being that a large portion of the starmade playerbase haven't bought the game, the whole point of the council is to represent the community

TBB

Reaction score
    Yes indeed. If you want to make sure that the people who vote are actual Starmade players and not the people that come and go you should check a database of for instance this website to see how long the guy has been in the community and the people that got locked out because they never made an account but are part of the community will be exceptions, I'm assuming. That might be said before, but I'm simply to lazy to check...