CIR - Term 2 Councilors Announced

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Filtering suggestions, collecting common suggestions, discussing ways to implement good and fitting suggestions. They then, supposedly, tell Schine their views on what the community wants, I think. They have a bit more influence than the rest of us plebs, basically.
    I don't know if a builder of ships would be good for suggestions... pretty sad tho,that only "chosen" can discuss about future of game

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I don't know if a builder of ships would be good for suggestions... pretty sad tho,that only "chosen" can discuss about future of game
    Realistically, we want a mixture of youtubers, survival players, aesthetic builders, PVPers, and system designers.

There're more playstyles than you would think, and they're all valid.

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Realistically, we want a mixture of youtubers, survival players, aesthetic builders, PVPers, and system designers.

There're more playstyles than you would think, and they're all valid.
    None of these should be the chosen... everyone should have a permission to council

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    None of these should be the chosen... everyone should have a permission to council
    how on earth would that work.
    also these people were elected by the community to represent the council and the community, something

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    how on earth would that work.
    also these people were elected by the community to represent the council and the community, something
    Still doesn't make sense for them to be Patricis and we must be plebs

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Everyone has a permission to be on the council. We're normal players elected by the playerbase to relay suggestions and ideas to the devs. We have no decision power on the game's future, just saying. The devs do whatever the f*** they want. What we CAN do is give them good community feedback and ideas so that they get a better picture of what players would like, and ideas they might not have thought of.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457298468,1457298317][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Still doesn't make sense for them to be Patricis and we must be plebs
    We were appointed by the community, we didn't elect ourselves. Also, we're hardly a ruling class....

I suggest that you read what the council is about before making ridiculous claims, no offense. From that one post it's quite clear that you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what the council does in this game, why the council is in place, or even how we became Councillors.

Here: Intergalactic Council

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Its not about what you include, much like photography its about what you exclude from the picture that makes it what it is.

Everyone can participate in the "council" by being vocal on the suggestion forums and getting yourself heard, being on the council means you take the time to read the suggestions and respond to them (all very time intensive) and who we elect is basically who do we think we could sucker into the job.

Yeah, thats right, all you elected councilors are suckers! XD
    Its much easier to just spam the suggestion forums once in a while when you have inspiration than to have to read them day after day and compile notes about the ones that are getting the most buzz. For like, months. Ech.

Back to the exclusion topic, we as a community already experienced some... issues with being too liberal about rules and standards for council members.

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Everyone has a permission to be on the council. We're normal players elected by the playerbase to relay suggestions and ideas to the devs. We have no decision power on the game's future, just saying. The devs do whatever the f*** they want. What we CAN do is give them good community feedback and ideas so that they get a better picture of what players would like, and ideas they might not have thought of.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457298468,1457298317][/DOUBLEPOST]
    We were appointed by the community, we didn't elect ourselves. Also, we're hardly a ruling class....

I suggest that you read what the council is about before making ridiculous claims, no offense. From that one post it's quite clear that you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what the council does in this game, why the council is in place, or even how we became Councillors.

Here: Intergalactic Council
    Council is party of people,who have bigger INFLUENCE than others,and their OPINION is much more acceptable,which is very unfair,because Youtuber can't understand full community... everyone should have been in Council

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Council is party of people,who have bigger INFLUENCE than others,and their OPINION is much more acceptable,which is very unfair,because Youtuber can't understand full community... everyone should have been in Council
    I hardly doubt my opinion is more valuable lol.
    So let me get this straight.
    Someone who was interacting with the community for 3 years on a daily basis does not understand the community,but..you do?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    The council is just there to read the forums and summarise it. Schine still comes and reads it later on, its just they act as a way of removing the crap. Their opinion isn't worth shit in relation to their role.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    ... what? We're not all youtubers. I certainly am not. What you're saying makes absolutely no sense. Also, our opinion doesn't mean shit.

Clearly you still have NO FUCKING CLUE about what the council does. I even linked the council tab for you... READ IT!!!

ZektorSK

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    ... what? We're not all youtubers. I certainly am not. What you're saying makes absolutely no sense. Also, our opinion doesn't mean shit.

Clearly you still have NO FUCKING CLUE about what the council does. I even linked the council tab for you... READ IT!!!
    Youtuber was just an example

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Youtuber was just an example
    So because I make YouTube Videos I shouldn't be on the council? I am not allowed to represent people who make LPs or other videos of Starmade? In the indie world LPers can make or break a game, it's free advertising.

I also still don't follow your line of reasoning. "everyone should have been in Council" doesn't make sense. If everyone is in the council it would not be a council, just the forums.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Maybe you guys should chill out about ZektorSK , he has been rekt pretty hard already in this thread. :D
    We are all pretty much restating the same thing over and over lol.

Guthris

Lord Commodore Horatio Solomon Guthris
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    So are we getting the voting results or not, its taking too long guys. Either tell us were not getting it or stop being lazy. Promises are to be kept

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    So are we getting the voting results or not, its taking too long guys. Either tell us were not getting it or stop being lazy. Promises are to be kept
    Can't disagree with that. I'll poke to see what's up.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    With the recent issues with our account system, council stats have been delayed until we've ensured our services are healthy. We have been working on it and it will be released as soon as we've finished it. Once the council stats system has been implemented, stats will be available immediately after elections are closed.

Reactions: Megacrafter127