CIR - Term 2 Councilors Announced

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    its simple,make it so only accounts 5+ months old can vote and with a certain amount of interaction on forums :p ..
    currently its 3 months with no need for a single message/response on forums

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Vaygr steam group has around 50 players, not to mention all the other groups.

All it takes is a simple mass message to get everyone involved.

So you can stop accusing us of made up bs.
    Screencap the member list (or lists) and post it here, then I'll be inclined to believe you have 50 active members. ;D

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    if you play on any major multiplayer server you should have a SMD account for authentication

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    How about requiring a minimal level of activity ingame or on either the Steam or SMD forums for X amount of time in addition to the membership time requirement?

Reactions: Lecic

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Oronoscus and FlyingDebris this is neither the right subforum, forum, or website for this. Please try your very best to keep things on topic.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Here are my thoughts:
    If you like the game enough to want to help by electing councilors then you should like the game enough to donate to the cause.
    Please support our devs and the cause by buying the game.

In all fairness, Shine should be making more of an effort to support their paying customers, than en effort to support people who are playing for free.

Reactions: ToasterBorst
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The game devs can do whatever the hell they want. It's their decision, it's their game, it's their company. Be glad they allow us as much interaction as they do. If everyone gets so worked up every time they do something like this for us they may not continue in the future. This game is totally not dependent upon a community council, so overall most concerns are invalid. If the devs are satisfied with how they handled it, and who they let vote, I'm happy with it.

I do have a purchased game but I just got it recently, long after I started paying attention to the forums, and long after I started messing around with the game. I'm happy that they allow non-paid accounts to participate. I agree with waiting until a game is finished to pay for it, and I had intended to do so here. I just happened to really like some of what they are doing and decided to give that extra support. If I had not, I appreciate the fact that I might have still participated and wouldn't want to deny others the same if the devs wish it to be as it is.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I still think the elections were a mistake and are a mistake based on the reading of this entire thread. Too many egos, to many mentions of faction big wigs that are unknown outside of their own house of mirrors, too many insults and juvenile posturing.

To the Devs: Seriously consider simply appointing councilors next time and change their name to something like "Monitors" to keep the meat-heads from having fits and seeing conspiracies around every corner. You deserve better than this and your time is more valuable.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I still think the elections were a mistake and are a mistake based on the reading of this entire thread. Too many egos, to many mentions of faction big wigs that are unknown outside of their own house of mirrors, too many insults and juvenile posturing.

To the Devs: Seriously consider simply appointing councilors next time and change their name to something like "Monitors" to keep the meat-heads from having fits and seeing conspiracies around every corner. You deserve better than this and your time is more valuable.
    *puts tinfoilhat on*
    But the whole point of an election is giving the people the illusion they have any kind of influence over who's gets electted and from that moment not give a damn about their opinion!
    *takes tinfoil hat off*

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    *puts tinfoilhat on*
    But the whole point of an election is giving the people the illusion they have any kind of influence over who's gets electted and from that moment not give a damn about their opinion!
    *takes tinfoil hat off*

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Coming soon. Calani actually just finished getting a more intuitive graph put together where you can see the results of each round. Once it is finished we will hopefully never have to look at it or fix it again, so we are making sure it is working perfectly.
    That sounds awesome! And it might be less work in the long run too, especially if there is a gif function that allows you to "scroll forwards in time" and see how many steps the distributive vote method took!

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    What is council even for ?
    Filtering suggestions, collecting common suggestions, discussing ways to implement good and fitting suggestions. They then, supposedly, tell Schine their views on what the community wants, I think. They have a bit more influence than the rest of us plebs, basically.