CIR - Term 2 Councilors Announced

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    [QUOTE="Super_Dork_42, post: I'm a little surprised they went with a bigger counsel than before, but it is a good surprise.[/QUOTE]
    Wait what?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Two incidents of flaming for 2 points each.
    Flaming points just means that the moderators think someone can take offence to this. They're worthless. Lots of people have them. You make a joke that someone somewhere can find offensive, you get points.

, two incidents of spamming, no points given, also last month.
    Spam gets dealt out if the post isn't relevant to the OP, and again, can be handed out for literally anything. Made a joke about something in a thread and not talked about the thread topic? Spam. It's not even a punishment, hence no points,

Before you go judging someone for having warning points, you should learn a little more about what they're dealt out for. Bans I can understand judging someone for, but a slap on the wrist that's triggered by the slightest thing, and you're being a dick. (<-- could get me points)

Second, to your face, you are immature and this entire rant of your's is proof that you do not belong in any position of authority. Even the psuedo-authority of a volunteer council for a game.
    Any one of these incidents is indicative of a lack of basic maturity
    Both of these statements, regardless of intent, if reported, would probably earn you flaming points. I'm not kidding. Other people have had points for less.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Before you go judging someone for having warning points, you should learn a little more about what they're dealt out for.
    Yes, documentation is one of their purposes. However, it also is meant to provide consequence for breaking our TOS and Rules (the main purpose). If you've agreed to our rules and you break them, action will be taken. In a lot of cases, that's only a verbal warning, no record. If you've broken the rules, then yes, you deserve to have that on your council application.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I am reading the second page and there are a few things i would like to add something regarding the complaints about not enough experienced survival players in the council.
    - the council job is to filter. Their influence is very little.
    - just because people build creatively does not mean they do not know survival. But if right now you are playing survival and call it CORE of the game i just got to shake my head for the poor performance and boring crafting system is not what makes this game fun. i agree it evens the ground of fairness for faction play but the game experience does not only rely on survival these days for it is neither intuitive nor very challangeing or in other words plain boring and not yet balanced.
    - borst and sven i am sure know survival play not sure about the others but from what i hear cookie played factionserver so might have some knowledge as well.
    - compalining about to few changes regarding the survival aspect of the game is not the councilors fault schine does stuff when they pelase to do changes. So calling out skylord for being not wanted on the council for he builds mostly aesthetically creative - kindergarden or what?

Reactions: fusemc74

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Wow. The sodium levels of this topic are life-threatening. I did not make it anywhere near the Council and I'm still not even nearly as salty as some of the voters. Things even got pretty personal.

That said many posts raise some valid points, on both sides.

- Not ALL Council members have to be expert on PvP and survival. Just enough to handle the game balance suggestions. STILL,

- While having builders on Council is good, I too prefer builders who neither prefer function over form, nor form over function, seeking a balance between the two. It's not an easy thing to pull off, in fact it is the hardest (personal experience, I'm trying to do that myself as hard as I can, with varying success) We already have a vast number of blocks to work with, honestly, far more blocks than are ACTUALLY being used by the overwhelming majority of Starmade players.

- I'm really happy to have at least ONE server operator on Council, as server stability, database scaling and management, and trying to reduce lag as builds get bigger and the player count also increases, is a neverending struggle. I did see some major improvements in that regard (fixing most of the rail turret lag, fixing planet mining ang planet rendering etc.) yet there's still much to be done (like the big ships with many docked entities entering a station's bounding box causing massive FPS drop and ping spike). Server operators know more about these issues and can help more with finding a solution than any player tester.

- As with every single election, there will always be people who won't be satisfied with the outcome and practice their freedom of speech to voice their opinions. It's OK. It is NOT OK to resort to personal attacks (which I know all too well, kiraen as I got a 2 month ban for far less than you said) You probably meant me as applicant with most warning points.

- Personally, the only problem I have with certain members is not their qualifications, but their activity, or rather, lack thereof, as people before me mentioned. Sorry, Dalmont but you barely seem to be able to keep up with your own projects lately, so I really wonder how you want to participate in Council business. Also, when was the last time anyone has seen Sven_The_Slayer ?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Wow. The sodium levels of this topic are life-threatening. I did not make it anywhere near the Council and I'm still not even nearly as salty as some of the voters. Things even got pretty personal.

That said many posts raise some valid points, on both sides.

- Not ALL Council members have to be expert on PvP and survival. Just enough to handle the game balance suggestions. STILL,

- While having builders on Council is good, I too prefer builders who neither prefer function over form, nor form over function, seeking a balance between the two. It's not an easy thing to pull off, in fact it is the hardest (personal experience, I'm trying to do that myself as hard as I can, with varying success) We already have a vast number of blocks to work with, honestly, far more blocks than are ACTUALLY being used by the overwhelming majority of Starmade players.

- I'm really happy to have at least ONE server operator on Council, as server stability, database scaling and management, and trying to reduce lag as builds get bigger and the player count also increases, is a neverending struggle. I did see some major improvements in that regard (fixing most of the rail turret lag, fixing planet mining ang planet rendering etc.) yet there's still much to be done (like the big ships with many docked entities entering a station's bounding box causing massive FPS drop and ping spike). Server operators know more about these issues and can help more with finding a solution than any player tester.

- As with every single election, there will always be people who won't be satisfied with the outcome and practice their freedom of speech to voice their opinions. It's OK. It is NOT OK to resort to personal attacks (which I know all too well, kiraen as I got a 2 month ban for far less than you said) You probably meant me as applicant with most warning points.

- Personally, the only problem I have with certain members is not their qualifications, but their activity, or rather, lack thereof, as people before me mentioned. Sorry, Dalmont but you barely seem to be able to keep up with your own projects lately, so I really wonder how you want to participate in Council business. Also, when was the last time anyone has seen Sven_The_Slayer ?
    cant say why Sven is not active on forums,but he was pretty active in council Slack

Reactions: EnerJay

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Yes, documentation is one of their purposes. However, it also is meant to provide consequence for breaking our TOS and Rules (the main purpose). If you've agreed to our rules and you break them, action will be taken. In a lot of cases, that's only a verbal warning, no record. If you've broken the rules, then yes, you deserve to have that on your council application.
    Hey Duke, how come Schine literally never responds to anyone's appeals to anything, ever? I figured I'd ask publicly since you never respond to any of our emails. Thanks. :)

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hey Duke, how come Schine literally never responds to anyone's appeals to anything, ever? I figured I'd ask publicly since you never respond to any of our emails. Thanks. :)
    :) Schine doesn't respond because it's not our job

That's for the administrators at SMD.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    So, Schine/present/past council members, what is the standard procedure for selecting and displaying ideas to Schine? Are things reworded and summarized by the council or directly linked? Are there specific criteria that a thread needs to meet in order to be considered mentionable?
    Councilors usually linked threads directly from the dock. I or bench would read it. Bench has more of a direct communication with schema on things, and he documents just about all of the information we have, ideas, gameplay goals etc. If things fit then they get added. Afterword we would tag the suggestion and if we needed to we would respond to the thread. Towards the end of the term Lancake brought them into into meetings to discuss balance changing/complaints. He asked their input on various issues on a list and discussed what needed or could be changed immediately. Problems that would require discussions in Schine were put on hold. This is something I hope to continue in this council as it may help stabilize gameplay during development.

Sorry, Dalmont but you barely seem to be able to keep up with your own projects lately, so I really wonder how you want to participate in Council business.
    Dalmont has already made a point of keeping in contact even if he is away from his computer. I expect he will be capable in keeping up to date with the rest of the councilors.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    That's for the administrators at SMD.
    I was under the impression that you were both a Schine member and an administrator for SMD, considering how you've, you know, kicked and banned people from chat before?

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I was under the impression that you were both a Schine member and an administrator for SMD, considering how you've, you know, kicked and banned people from chat before?
    I do a bit of administration for this site, that is correct. I and other admins here do respond to appeals and emails every week. If you have a specific appeal in mind, I suggest you send me a PM.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    You know... you're very skilled at completely contradicting yourself...
    I am both an administrator here and a Schine member. Schine does not respond to appeals, I happen to be an admin (from before working at Schine), so I can respond to appeals if necessary.

OFW-Osirus

Owner of Orion Fleetworks
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I don't really see the breach of privacy, I mean this is technically a public position. Why does everyone scream bloody murder when something is discussed in the open? :-/
    Also this thread is fucking hilarious :D
    Starmade related information yes, private life information is none of the Starmade communities concern regardless of how you interpret "public position". That is what i'm getting at.
    The council is an extension of the schine team based on a professional approach to implementing community ideas into the development of Starmade using community members who display professional attitudes.
    How does calling out a people based on a vote the community voted for in the first place have anything to do with the development of the game? It doesn't.
    People should stop compounding the problem and start working on the solution. I don't see anything even remotely funny, just a lot of childish behavior giving a very negative image to the community.
    Just imagine the new player who looks into the crystal ball and see this shit. how do you think the new player will react, would he/she stay or go? is this the image shine really wants tagged to there product that would increase sales? I think not.
    Grow up people and open your eyes, this isn't the grounds to vent personal opinions and frustrations. It is a bloody video game forum to capture viable input from the community to assist the developers in creating the game.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Fuck me, reading this it's no wonder some people like to avoid SMdock like the plague. Congrats to the new Council member's.