CIR - Term 2 Councilors Announced

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Starmade related information yes, private life information is none of the Starmade communities concern regardless of how you interpret "public position". That is what i'm getting at.
    The council is an extension of the schine team based on a professional approach to implementing community ideas into the development of Starmade using community members who display professional attitudes.
    How does calling out a people based on a vote the community voted for in the first place have anything to do with the development of the game? It doesn't.
    People should stop compounding the problem and start working on the solution. I don't see anything even remotely funny, just a lot of childish behavior giving a very negative image to the community.
    Just imagine the new player who looks into the crystal ball and see this shit. how do you think the new player will react, would he/she stay or go? is this the image shine really wants tagged to there product that would increase sales? I think not.
    Grow up people and open your eyes, this isn't the grounds to vent personal opinions and frustrations. It is a bloody video game forum to capture viable input from the community to assist the developers in creating the game.
    I know, right? The last time I met this kind of toxicity was the Legue of Legends forums, and I heard legends about the EVE Online forums being also this bad. We need a firefighter squad in here ASAP.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    "You can't state your dislike over something! Stop murdering the community!!!!!"

Reaction score
    Stating valid disputes is fine, you have crossed the line of an organized discussion into raging.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    "You can't state your dislike over something! Stop murdering the community!!!!!"
    Oh you CAN and should be able to state your dislike over something.
    BUT, and this is directed to EVERYONE involved, not just Lecic :
    If someone does it making it personal, and instead of calm, constructive criticism, resorts to whining and insults, people won't see the point, however valid it may be, and he'll look like a jackass. As long as there were valid points raised, it was all right. When it was dumbed down to "You suck!" and "No, you suck more!", that's when a discussion turns into a flamewar, and from something constructive into something very destructive.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Where was this, exactly?
    If you read my post, carefully, I said that was aimed at everyone involved, not just you. I wrote that exactly to clarify, that even though I replied to your post, I disagree with a lot more posts. I mainly thought about that heavy falling out between Chckn Wildstyle and SkylordLuke that got prety personal, and also, some posts from kiraen in this thread.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    If you read my post, carefully, I said that was aimed at everyone involved, not just you.
    I know. I was just asking in general.

Yeah, there were definitely some problems in those spots.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Wow. The sodium levels of this topic are life-threatening. I did not make it anywhere near the Council and I'm still not even nearly as salty as some of the voters. Things even got pretty personal.

That said many posts raise some valid points, on both sides.

- Not ALL Council members have to be expert on PvP and survival. Just enough to handle the game balance suggestions. STILL,

- While having builders on Council is good, I too prefer builders who neither prefer function over form, nor form over function, seeking a balance between the two. It's not an easy thing to pull off, in fact it is the hardest (personal experience, I'm trying to do that myself as hard as I can, with varying success) We already have a vast number of blocks to work with, honestly, far more blocks than are ACTUALLY being used by the overwhelming majority of Starmade players.

- I'm really happy to have at least ONE server operator on Council, as server stability, database scaling and management, and trying to reduce lag as builds get bigger and the player count also increases, is a neverending struggle. I did see some major improvements in that regard (fixing most of the rail turret lag, fixing planet mining ang planet rendering etc.) yet there's still much to be done (like the big ships with many docked entities entering a station's bounding box causing massive FPS drop and ping spike). Server operators know more about these issues and can help more with finding a solution than any player tester.

- As with every single election, there will always be people who won't be satisfied with the outcome and practice their freedom of speech to voice their opinions. It's OK. It is NOT OK to resort to personal attacks (which I know all too well, kiraen as I got a 2 month ban for far less than you said) You probably meant me as applicant with most warning points.

- Personally, the only problem I have with certain members is not their qualifications, but their activity, or rather, lack thereof, as people before me mentioned. Sorry, Dalmont but you barely seem to be able to keep up with your own projects lately, so I really wonder how you want to participate in Council business. Also, when was the last time anyone has seen Sven_The_Slayer ?

I'm very busy, but I do make the time for things like this. Also; I'm constantly lurking, and building. :cool:
    Additionally, my own projects can mostly be put on the backburner too; since its largely creative work.

Reactions: ToasterBorst
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Railman
    Reading through this gave me a headache.... This is why I avoid the SMD... The members of the council take time away from their life to represent those of us who play the game.. To that I say thank you and congratulations on being elected.. They are all very very good at what they do and create a great balance for all play styles...

MeRobo

Scrub
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    After I took a look on the suggestions forum I think at least one of the councillors seems to be pretty active (regarding the "Read by Council"-prefix). I attribute this increase in activity to (one of) the two new councillors (please correct me if I wronged anybody here).
    I hope this level of activity will be a constant minimum through all future terms.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    After I took a look on the suggestions forum I think at least one of the councillors seems to be pretty active (regarding the "Read by Council"-prefix). I attribute this increase in activity to (one of) the two new councillors (please correct me if I wronged anybody here).
    I hope this level of activity will be a constant minimum through all future terms.
    All of us in the Council are working hard since day 1 of this new term and our 2 new Council members of this term went straight into action.,if you could see our private suggestions relay and other chat rooms,you would be amazed.
    Gotta say,almost everything we read so far are really cool ideas,and it makes the time we spend reading them much more fun and enjoyable.
    :)

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I thought it was hilarious.
    Made my night, got to shitpost a bunch and had overall a good time.

Then the morning came and a different set of people continued it and it got more ugly and less hilarious.
    Ah well.

Reaction score
    Why haven't the stats been released yet? It is customary that the stats be released when the election results are in to show that it was not a fraudulent election.

It has already been several days since the members were elected.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Why haven't the stats been released yet? It is customary that the stats be released when the election results are in to show that it was not a fraudulent election.

It has already been several days since the members were elected.
    I'll let my paranoid half get the better of me and agree with this. Where are the results?

Reaction score
    I'll let my paranoid half get the better of me and agree with this. Where are the results?
    Agreed, they ought to have released them on day 1 considering they actually managed to calculate who won...

Reaction score
    Agreed, they ought to have released them on day 1 considering they actually managed to calculate who won...
    Kind of suspicious that dsgraves received just about the same amount of votes as keptick and holycookie yet somehow didnt get elected...