CIR - Term 2 Councilors Announced

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Schine doesn't have to do EVERYTHING but we need the ability to make it so we can FIX the small things to make our lives easier.
    Well thats sorta why we have councilors for suggestion funneling. It will not be any easier to let everyone submit their solution and sort it out with our without them. Testers are always in demand. One of the councilors above is a server owner and just provided valuable information as to how the fixed a problem with their server crapping out to the tester team.

Reactions: kiddan

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Shotguns need randomization as well as cone control.
    No, they don't. Just give them a decent set symmetrical pattern. That's literally all we need. Replace whatever crappy hard coded pattern is currently in use with a new one.

Pulse again, useless. We know this. At best it can be used to deter boarding, which rarely happens. Therefore boarding in some instances needs to be completely worthwhile. An additional idea is to completely redesign the weapon. Nobody said that wasn't an option.
    There have been SO MANY suggestions for rebalancing pulse. Short range pulse launchers, expanding death ring launchers, wave-motion cannons, even just making it do damage more consistently. What have we gotten out of it? NOTHING. Do the devs not find an entire 1/4th of the weapons being COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS to be of any priority whatsoever?

Minelayers still planned afaik. Just not a priority(like seriously it isn't. The weapon system allows easy implementation of new weapons. But that also comes with balancing that our testers could otherwise be spending on making sure the patches don't break your saves).
    Seeing as how testers have time to test new features while making sure of this already, I see zero point in this line of thinking.

I will admit I need more information on the PD problems.
    PD encourages people to spam hundreds of missiles, which is bad for performance. Why? A nuke is the same as a micromissile for PD. Missiles need health to reduce this. PD also can't track a missile moving anywhere not directly towards it. PD aims at missiles that MISSED! PD makes your ship more susceptible to ion because swarmers target docked entities and shots hitting docked entities BYPASS PASSIVES ON THE MAIN SHIP. HAVING PD MAKES YOU *WEAKER* TO MISSILES. Not only that, having PD turrets in any reasonable number on your ship (absolutely necessary for dealing with lone missiles since their aim is crap) makes docking HELL on the client and the server! The client should not drop to 5 FPS and everyone's pings shouldn't spike to 4k because someone decides to dock a ship with 20 PD turrets on it.

Guthris

Lord Commodore Horatio Solomon Guthris
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Post removed at user request

Last edited:

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Well if schine really needs testers or whatever they are called that badly, I guess if someone could shoot me a link to some guidelines/expediencies so I can judge if I am up to the task then I guess I could take a look or whatever.

Criss if you are referring to Dal you and me both know the guy is stressed with real life time constraints. If he cant even log in longer then 30 seconds on the day we are having a universe reset I dont see how he's gonna be able to divert any time to being an asset in the council.
    when we rarely see him showing up for our weekly admin meetings. We planned these on weekends to give people a greater chance of logging in and honestly since Dal left Starside out to dry the admin team has lost all coherency and is crumbling at the seams.
    Actually if true then that is legitimately sad to hear. :confused::(:oops:
    Don't fall apart now!

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Do the devs not find an entire 1/4th of the weapons being COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS to be of any priority whatsoever?
    As I stated before, please do not assume that your desired changes that have not made it into the game are the same as us ignoring suggestions overall. I will be honest. It is really not a priority. This is a feature that is already in the game. It does not break the game. It doesn't prevent you from playing it. It sucks that it does virtually nothing for you right now and I will acknowledge that. But Schine has laid down the plans. It can be found in the development direction post. There is an entire half of the game that is not existent whatsoever. NPC'c, factions, crew, exploration and more. We need everything on the board before we go back and make sure that this one unobtrusive weapon system is fixed. This is the harsh reality of game development. Why do you think DayZ gets criticism? Bohemia can't going to spend time making sure you never ever hear that sound glitch that plagued the game forever BEFORE they work on the new renderer and unimplemented features.

I am sorry if that is not the answer that you are looking for. I will do my best to make sure that anything that we can squeeze in to the timeline is discussed.

Criss if you are referring to Dal
    I was referring to Toasterborst.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    As I stated before, please do not assume that your desired changes that have not made it into the game are the same as us ignoring suggestions overall. I will be honest. It is really not a priority. This is a feature that is already in the game. It does not break the game. It doesn't prevent you from playing it. It sucks that it does virtually nothing for you right now and I will acknowledge that. But Schine has laid down the plans. It can be found in the development direction post. There is an entire half of the game that is not existent whatsoever. NPC'c, factions, crew, exploration and more. We need everything on the board before we go back and make sure that this one unobtrusive weapon system is fixed. This is the harsh reality of game development. Why do you think DayZ gets criticism? Bohemia can't going to spend time making sure you never ever hear that sound glitch that plagued the game forever BEFORE they work on the new renderer and unimplemented features.

I am sorry if that is not the answer that you are looking for. I will do my best to make sure that anything that we can squeeze in to the timeline is discussed.

I was referring to Toasterborst.
    Dammit Criss, Lecic was about to go to bed xD

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Ah, poor tomino. I'm afraid nothing can save him now... he's just too far gone v.v
    liek if u cri evrrytiem
    Its hilarious how much hate and salt is concinterated around one individule. That one comment chain alone is worth many tekts in screenshots and quote mining. The whole thread itself is a vein of the purest tekt and salt words can produce, second only to Trump because the Don trumps all.

Reactions: Top 4ce

OFW-Osirus

Owner of Orion Fleetworks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Criss if you are referring to Dal you and me both know the guy is stressed with real life time constraints. If he cant even log in longer then 30 seconds on the day we are having a universe reset I dont see how he's gonna be able to divert any time to being an asset in the council.

The gross majority of the applications were made 6-7 months ago, when people did have time. Now push comes to shove and they get elected by a fanbase of people that want to see their favorite uploader of ships as a council member when we rarely see him showing up for our weekly admin meetings. We planned these on weekends to give people a greater chance of logging in and honestly since Dal left Starside out to dry the admin team has lost all coherency and is crumbling at the seams.
    Does this stuff need to be discussed in public forum? if there is concern, take it up with him personally next time he is online. Im sure he will square it away, this is a breach of privacy. why can't people just stay on topic say congrats to the new guys and move on, bickering about silly stuff isn't going to solve anything. this thread is so derailed from the intended purpose it's not even funny.

I'm sure game mechanic suggestions/complaints have there own forum location as well.

P.S. Congrats to the new council. Good luck and hope you all farewell for your term, from the looks of the community atmosphere you're gonna need it ! ;)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Goood lord this thread is full of crap.

We voted for these people, and now we bitch they're not good at their job? Wow.

The council just summisses the forums, that doesn't mean that literally every piece of information here goes through them, nor does it mean that schine doesn't read suggestions. Am I dissapointed none of my high ranked votes go in? Sure, but that doesn't mean I'll shit all over somoene because they got in. Wait a few weeks for them to get voted out before shitting on them ;)

but seriously, who voted for Sven, that guys as active as Gravypod

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, so 2 of my top 7 got in.
    1 more from my potentials.

The next 3 are former councilors who, by their own admission on the application, don't really have time to be councilors.

And then...

I'd just like to interrupt the comment war to state that like Dalmont, I was elected purely on the merit of my beard.
    Interestingly enough, since you brought up the topic, you are the only councilor who doesn't even have an application on file. How did you get on the ballot? Dalmont at least has an application.

Meh, whatever.
    If the screwed up voting system had accepted my votes I figure I scored 2.5 out of 7.
    Good enough, I feel represented. I know my priorities do not coincide with the majority, but at least I will be heard.

Congrats to the Council Elect. All eyes are now on you, no pressure. :D
    Get to work. ;)

(And the most vocal against the current council? well, they didn't get the job. Hell, one of them I feel shouldn't have even been allowed to apply. Really? That many warning points after you turned in your app? Real mature.)

Last edited:

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Ok, so 2 of my top 7 got in.
    1 more from my potentials.

The next 3 are former councilors who, by their own admission on the application, don't really have time to be councilors.

And then...

Interestingly enough, since you brought up the topic, you are the only councilor who doesn't even have an application on file. How did you get on the ballot? Dalmont at least has an application.

Meh, whatever.
    If the screwed up voting system had accepted my votes I figure I scored 2.5 out of 7.
    Good enough, I feel represented. I know my priorities do not coincide with the majority, but at least I will be heard.

Congrats to the Council Elect. All eyes are now on you, no pressure. :D
    Get to work. ;)
    Your vote might have gone through, we got far more votes this election than the last.

As for ToasterBorst , his username was changed today. His old username was Weishaupt (Weishaupt Council App)

Reactions: ToasterBorst
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Your vote might have gone through, we got far more votes this election than the last.
    It didn't. I got an invalid due to time out every single time. I can only type so fast, it was the damn randomizer that screwed me.

As for ToasterBorst , his username was changed today. His old username was Weishaupt (Weishaupt Council App)
    Ahh, that makes more sense then. Thank you. (still a 2.5 score, sorry TB)

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Did someone say favoritism towards youtubers?!

Grab the pitchforks ---E

That many warning points after you turned in your app?
    Warning points get handed out like candy here, they're not a definitive "this guy is bad".

Last edited:

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    It didn't. I got an invalid due to time out every single time. I can only type so fast, it was the damn randomizer that screwed me.
    We apologise for any issues with voting, how many candidates were you trying to vote for? What was the exact error?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Warning points get handed out like candy here, they're not a definitive "this guy is bad".
    Of the 45 applicants, only 3 received warning points after they submitted their application. Candy or not, 93.3% of the applicants were capable of avoiding them.

Edit: counted wrong, updated my numbers (2 to 3)

We apologise for any issues with voting, how many candidates were you trying to vote for? What was the exact error?
    I was voting for 17 potentials, and had to hunt for them every time. I do not remember the exact error, but it was along the lines of 'your submission is invalid'. I got it all five times I tried to submit, had to refresh, find all my candidates, rank them, and got denied again.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Of the 45 applicants, only 2 received warning points after they submitted their application. Candy or not, 95% of the applicants were capable of avoiding them.
    I got warning points for a joke, it's pointless to judge someone based on points without context.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I was voting for 17 potentials, and had to hunt for them every time. I do not remember the exact error, but it was along the lines of 'your submission is invalid'. I got it all five times I tried to submit, had to refresh, find all my candidates, rank them, and got denied again.
    Hrm, that's definitely not right. Timeouts shouldn't be happening that quickly, I'll look at some of the threads I saw with issues/improvements on the council page and send them to the web team.