CIR - Term 2 Councilors Announced

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Everyone already has those opinions though. Most of them are planned.

Again, you own personal preferences are not being called into question here.
    then if everyone (even you) want the same things as I do..and with me not imposing my own balance oppinions on anyone,with me not suggestion any ideas of my own on the Schine team.. what are you afraid off?
    I just want to read other great suggestions ,DISCUSS them with other councilors and help everyone.. so .. what?

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    There is a type of player who you are not speaking of: The good builder. These people know that having good systems is necessary as well as the need for a good looking exterior. Those are the people that should be pandered to, as they are the people who understand the full point of the game.

Plus: How can you balance the way blocks look, because I have no idea. If you can explain how exclusively creative players can help balance the game please make your point.
    Just because pvp is the main content of the current multiplayer doesn´t mean that the whole universe spins around the few guys who actually do it.

Chckn Wildstyle

Design Head of Cabal Weapons/Technologies (CWT)
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Everyone already has those opinions though. Most of them are planned.

Again, you own personal preferences are not being called into question here.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454042026,1454041974][/DOUBLEPOST]

We are critiquing, not complaining. Where is the somewhere else you speak of?
    then if everyone (even you) want the same things as I do..and with me not imposing my own balance oppinions on anyone,with me not suggestion any ideas of my own on the Schine team.. what are you afraid off?
    I just want to read other great suggestions ,DISCUSS them with other councilors and help everyone.. so .. what?
    I am saying, along with others, that you do not have the know how to inspect balance suggestions and are therefore not qualified for the job.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I am saying, along with others, that you do not have the know how to inspect balance suggestions and are therefore not qualified for the job.
    give me an example of WHAT exactly i dont know and needs to be balanced? I will answer anything you want? if you are so confident in that

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Survival is the main point of the game though. So why are you saying it is not?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Alright, there seems to be a misunderstanding here, so I'll try to clarify:

Not every Councillor looks at each type of suggestions, that's why there's 7 of us!!! We each have our specialties. So for example, someone who's better at building will look more at building suggestions than someone who's better at PvP (or plays more PvP rather), and vice-versa. The end result is that the council looks at pretty much all the suggestions, and filters them accordingly. Just because X councillor isn't good at making systems or making pretty hulls, doesn't mean that Y Councillor won't be able to do it. Again, there's 7 of us, we each fill the other's knowledge gaps to form a unified council.

In addition, we have no f*cking say over what will go into the game. What we do is let the devs know about interesting ideas the community came up with, and they the decide what to do with those idea. If Schema decides to replace isanths with Flying Nyan cats shitting rainbows, we'll have absolutely no power to stop him (we'll say that it's a really really really bad idea though).

Finally, Chckn Wildstyle , balance is only one part of the game and the suggestions that we relay to the council. Just because someone isn't good at balance doesn't mean that they can't look at other parts of the game that need improving and finding suggestions accordingly.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    give me an example of WHAT exactly i dont know and needs to be balanced? I will answer anything you want? if you are so confident in that
    Can you explain the current meta of weaponry? If you don't understand that, you won't understand what needs rebalanced.

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    How to make ships that can stand their own in combat.

How to make effective miners.

How to make effective stations.

How to make advanced weaponry.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Alright, there seems to be a misunderstanding here, so I'll try to clarify:

Not every Councillor looks at each type of suggestions, that's why there's 7 of us!!! We each have our specialties. So for example, someone who's better at building will look more at building suggestions than someone who's better at PvP (or plays more PvP rather), and vice-versa. The end result is that the council looks at pretty much all the suggestions, and filters them accordingly. Just because X councillor isn't good at making systems or making pretty hulls, doesn't mean that Y Councillor won't be able to do it. Again, there's 7 of us, we each fill the other's knowledge gaps to form a unified council.

In addition, we have no f*cking say over what will go into the game. What we do is let the devs know about interesting ideas the community came up with, and they the decide what to do with those idea. If Schema decides to replace isanths with Flying Nyan cats shitting rainbows, we'll have absolutely no power to stop him (we'll say that it's a really really really bad idea though).

Finally, Chckn Wildstyle , balance is only one part of the game and the suggestions that we relay to the council. Just because someone isn't good at balance doesn't mean that they can't look at other parts of the game that need improving and finding suggestions accordingly.
    We understand that, but when there's only one councilor experienced with PvP who is active (sorry Sven), we're a bit worried he'll get stretched thin, especially with PvP being the main focus of the game, and with those suggestions also being much more difficult to deal with than "I would like a new deco block."

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    This thread right now.

So ill retract my thoughts, cause apparently the general consensus thus far says my opinion is wrong. Which is fine, im okay with being wrong, it means I get to learn.

So im gonna start back to my own personal step one here. First one being, holy shit everyone is acting like Donald Trump or Hitler 2.0 just got voted as world leader. Alright. So I get that people like this game, I do to, wow impressive. I get that many of you might have your opinions about the council, I do too, also impressive. But i'll say that there maybe a person or two that I dont want on the council or in more logical terms, someone I didnt vote for. But unfortunately not everything falls in everyone's favor. Who you didnt want in the council, is a councilor now, boohoo. Im not bitchin about the person(s) that I dont want in. But the community decided. And even tho I see one or three people who are upset, jimmies fully rusted, those 3 or so people dont represent the community. Which by the way councilors are community voted. Maybe not approved by 3 angry "muh survival balance" people, but community voted. So the community decided they wanted these people to act as the representatives of the community. And if you dont like that, holy shit too bad. Obviously the community has trust in these selected few to do their job, and do it right. If you feel like they arent or haven't, then maybe you should apply to be councilor in the next term and we'll see how the community feels about you and your opinions.

This new council just started, they haven't even had an hour to do their job yet. And people are complaining like they ruined the game already. Which the devs already have a plan for the game, its pretty set in stone, the council just deals with the smaller tiny details. If they had a major impact on the game, I would suggest that the council start collecting some paychecks from Schine. Just saying. So, chill let the council that was chosen by the community to do its job and if you feel like they haven't done a good job dont vote for them next time. Thats all you have to do. And if your voting doesn't succeed they maybe your thoughts dont fit in the community consensus.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    This thread right now.

So ill retract my thoughts, cause apparently the general consensus thus far says my opinion is wrong. Which is fine, im okay with being wrong, it means I get to learn.

So im gonna start back to my own personal step one here. First one being, holy shit everyone is acting like Donald Trump or Hitler 2.0 just got voted as world leader. Alright. So I get that people like this game, I do to, wow impressive. I get that many of you might have your opinions about the council, I do too, also impressive. But i'll say that there maybe a person or two that I dont want on the council or in more logical terms, someone I didnt vote for. But unfortunately not everything falls in everyone's favor. Who you didnt want in the council, is a councilor now, boohoo. Im not bitchin about the person(s) that I dont want in. But the community decided. And even tho I see one or three people who are upset, jimmies fully rusted, those 3 or so people dont represent the community. Which by the way councilors are community voted. Maybe not approved by 3 angry "muh survival balance" people, but community voted. So the community decided they wanted these people to act as the representatives of the community. And if you dont like that, holy shit too bad. Obviously the community has trust in these selected few to do their job, and do it right. If you feel like they arent or haven't, then maybe you should apply to be councilor in the next term and we'll see how the community feels about you and your opinions.

This new council just started, they haven't even had an hour to do their job yet. And people are complaining like they ruined the game already. Which the devs already have a plan for the game, its pretty set in stone, the council just deals with the smaller tiny details. If they had a major impact on the game, I would suggest that the council start collecting some paychecks from Schine. Just saying. So, chill let the council that was chosen by the community to do its job and if you feel like they haven't done a good job dont vote for them next time. Thats all you have to do. And if your voting doesn't succeed they maybe your thoughts dont fit in the community consensus.
    Votes for PvPers are fractured across many individuals. There are a handful of popular builders with huge followings on YouTube and twitch, though. It's almost like they had a huge advantage due to being more focused and not because they represent more of the community. Weird, huh?

Reactions: Nuclear Doughnut

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This thread right now.

You seem to not understand that people are voted in not for merit but for popularity. Mostly at least.