CIR - Term 2 Councilors Announced

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Of all the people elected I only have faith that 2 have the best interest of the players in mind. Most dont even play on survival so how will they have the indepth knowledge and boots on the ground experience at improving the player experience.

Be afraid people, be very afraid
    Who would those people be?

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Of all the people elected I only have faith that 2 have the best interest of the players in mind. Most dont even play on survival so how will they have the indepth knowledge and boots on the ground experience at improving the player experience.

Be afraid people, be very afraid
    I think therimmer96 said it best:
    Again, you're acting like the individuals preferences get a significant say, when in reality, the council is just there to filter our suggestions, not impose their own ideas. Schine already has alot of the game planned out, the suggestions are there to help add to or flesh out the plans, the people on the council are going to have minimal influence on what happens.

The best way to vote imo is to vote on people who are very active, and who probably will be for a long time.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I think therimmer96 said it best:
    Again, you're acting like the individuals preferences get a significant say, when in reality, the council is just there to filter our suggestions, not impose their own ideas. Schine already has alot of the game planned out, the suggestions are there to help add to or flesh out the plans, the people on the council are going to have minimal influence on what happens.

The best way to vote imo is to vote on people who are very active, and who probably will be for a long time.
    this

Reactions: Black Corporation

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I prefer people that actually have fought their way through faction warfare on a multiplayer server; To play the game without being an admin for a time, Who has seen both sides of the game. Not just creative building, Cause lets be honest, Do slabs REALLY help Multiplayer PVP? I don't think so. And we all know that Multiplayer Survival is the CORE of the StarMade Community. Perhaps it is not the best represented in this set of Elections but the councilors are hopefully wise enough to remember the PVP community.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I prefer people that actually have fought their way through faction warfare on a multiplayer server; To play the game without being an admin for a time, Who has seen both sides of the game. Not just creative building, Cause lets be honest, Do slabs REALLY help Multiplayer PVP? I don't think so. And we all know that Multiplayer Survival is the CORE of the StarMade Community. Perhaps it is not the best represented in this set of Elections but the councilors are hopefully wise enough to remember the PVP community.
    did you not read the post above that Top4Ace made?

Reactions: Black Corporation

Chckn Wildstyle

Design Head of Cabal Weapons/Technologies (CWT)
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    2 guys for who play survival a lot,and 2 guys that are pretty good with balance and weapons,2 guys that like creative,and 1 black sheep? I dont understand your concerns.. you want all 7 to be hardcore survival guys,and leave everyone else out? :p
    I think its pretty fair and diversified
    I don't think that you are entirely understanding the point here. Anyone who doesn't have a grasp on the survival side of the game is near useless here. The council is supposed to support the playerbase in important decisions regarding balance and responding to questions. I wouldn't expect you to understand this considering that you do not play survival and the only balancing you do is chunking blocks of random systems in your ships with no rhyme or reason.

The game in the majority of its purpose is to be a survival game, and as such, if you do not understand survival how can you help?

With players who suggest real design improvements are not understood by the council and therefore they are shot down it is counterproductive.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I don't think that you are entirely understanding the point here. Anyone who doesn't have a grasp on the survival side of the game is near useless here. The council is supposed to support the playerbase in important decisions regarding balance and responding to questions. I wouldn't expect you to understand this considering that you do not play survival and the only balancing you do is chunking blocks of random systems in your ships with no rhyme or reason.

The game in the majority of its purpose is to be a survival game, and as such, if you do not understand survival how can you help?

With players who suggest real design improvements are not understood by the council and therefore they are shot down it is counterproductive.
    what is your problem?
    I (like a lot of other people here who are not tryhards here) have our own vision of the game that is fun to play,and not neckbeard hardcore micromanagment survival.
    Like Top said.. we have no say in what features get in,0 (ZERO) 0 % P-E-R-C-E-N-T ,nul,NULA
    even if we did,what the hell do you want? 4 guys in the council are pretty good with survival and weapons..

Last edited:

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    For the record Skylord Luke I don't listen to anyone except myself ^.^ To answer your question the replies are coming in too fast for me to word a post that is at a minimum respectfulness of a Server Owner ^.^. Toning myself down on here for the Politically Correct Police is a challenge for someone who is as passionate in making SM the best game possible.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Slabs were awesome!
    It also allowed the cargo system framework to be implemented!
    Did I also mention how they are awesome!
    (also 1/4 block has same HP as full block, so plenty of PVP uses to be had)

Last edited:

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    what is your problem?
    I (like a lot of other people here who are not tryhards here) have our own vision of the game that is fun to play,and not neckbeard hardcore micromanagment survival.
    Like Top said.. we have no say in what features get in,0 (ZERO)
    even if we did,what the hell do you want? 4 guys in the council are pretty good with survival and weapons..
    For the record Skylord Luke. Creative Servers don't pay the bills for the Hardware PVP Servers Do. (Speaking as an Owner and a 3 year Plus admin)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    The council has little power, but one of the major jobs is filtering important suggestions, is it not? I have serious doubts a builder who considers a 400 DPS cannon to be "powerful" understands the nuances of a detailed weapon or defense system rebalance and can see such a suggestion's usefulness, and pass over it, sending "add slab wedges" or "give us a slightly darker shade of green hull" instead.

I'd seriously like to know who you think are the "2 survival, 2 builder, 2 pvp, 1 blacksheep" are. (Btw- someone who plays SP/closed MP w/ friends is probably not as good at knowing the complex balance in this game compared to the people who have to fight things more complex than isanths and pirate stations. Just saying.)

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    what is your problem?
    Yeah, I don't think the first council actually did anything.
    Wait. Why did almost all of them get reelected then? :eek::confused::rolleyes:
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454040341,1454040292][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The council has little power, but one of the major jobs is filtering important suggestions, is it not? I have serious doubts a builder who considers a 400 DPS cannon to be "powerful" understands the nuances of a detailed weapon or defense system rebalance and can see such a suggestion's usefulness, and pass over it, sending "add slab wedges" or "give us a slightly darker shade of green hull" instead.

I'd seriously like to know who you think are the "2 survival, 2 builder, 2 pvp, 1 blacksheep" are. (Btw- someone who plays SP/closed MP w/ friends is probably not as good at knowing the complex balance in this game compared to the people who have to fight things more complex than isanths and pirate stations. Just saying.)
    Wait. Who said that? Links? I will ready the microwavable popcorn.

Chckn Wildstyle

Design Head of Cabal Weapons/Technologies (CWT)
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    what is your problem?
    To be more specific, you definitely are not fit to preside over possible balance changes because you have no idea what you are doing.

The purpose of having competent players in the council is so that everyone doesn't need to be super min-maxy. If you have competent members of StarMade BALANCING it, the need to be super hardcore in ship building loses its stature. This is because when you have a sensical game that is easy to understand because those people who understand it really well influence the game direction it is better for everyone.

If this were to come true then there may even be hope for you in time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Council Roles

- Seek opinions from the community on ideas and suggestions, issues and concerns, and present them to the dev team for consideration.

- Represent the majority opinion of the community in discussing with the dev team new projects and initiatives.

- Hold public and private forum discussions on key ideas and issues in order to deliberate and decide what the community thinks to be the best course of action.

- Convey the council's thoughts, opinions, and decisions to players who inquire to representatives in-game on servers they are active on, and to take note of players' concerns or ideas to bring to the rest of the council.
    I might be wrong here, but it looks like the only duty the council really holds here is to filter ideas of players to the schine team. But ill break it down.

"- Seek opinions from the community on ideas and suggestions, issues and concerns, and present them to the dev team for consideration."
    So. Opinion goes to council, council goes to Schine. Dont see what that has to do with councilors play survival or not.

"- Represent the majority opinion of the community in discussing with the dev team new projects and initiatives."
    So almost the same. Community agrees on an idea, goes to council, councilors go to Schine. No real bias to be taken from survival/creative players.

- Convey the council's thoughts, opinions, and decisions to players who inquire to representatives in-game on servers they are active on, and to take note of players' concerns or ideas to bring to the rest of the council."
    So this one might get tricky. This is where the council gets to speak their own opinions, which is only the same as members posting in the suggestion forum. This time councilors suggest to players instead of players suggest to councilors. Councilors recieve feedback from community, if feedback is good, take it schine. If feedback is bad, scrap the idea.

So really I dont see how "oh god he doesn't play survival" really matters. All the councilors do is take information from the community, based on community thoughts and opinions, not those of the councilors, and then take it to the dev team. Nothing more and nothing less really.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Just so you know, we learned about the existence of slabs at the same time as everyone else. They were added because of their requirement for the cargo system, not because the council asked for it.

And you know that I've played PVP, don't worry :p. I VERY MUCH have a want for the game to be balanced properly, and for systems to actually work (like weapon block damage curves, which fuck-all work atm).

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    So really I dont see how "oh god he doesn't play survival" really matters. All the councilors do is take information from the community, based on community thoughts and opinions, not those of the councilors, and then take it to the dev team. Nothing more and nothing less really.
    You require a base knowledge of the issues in order to accurately transmit the real issue to Schine. Most of the issues right now in-game are either Survival issues or Server Owner Issues.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    To be more specific, you definitely are not fit to preside over possible balance changes because you have no idea what you are doing.

The purpose of having competent players in the council is so that everyone doesn't need to be super min-maxy. If you have competent members of StarMade BALANCING it, the need to be super hardcore in ship building loses its stature. This is because when you have a sensical game that is easy to understand because those people who understand it really well influence the game direction it is better for everyone.

If this were to come true then there may even be hope for you in time.
    when did you become such a **** ? are you trying to say this is to hard for me to understand? that i am retard who was in a box for 3 years?
    My choice to not go full tryhard with ships was my own,that does not mean I dont want more gameplay features,and harder AI,mobs,and tons of PVP elements.. like really?

Reactions: ToasterBorst

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Sorry, but I don't really feel like someone who barely comprehends the current system and the gameplay that results from it is qualified to be one of the people shooting balance suggestions off to Schine.