CIR - Term 2 Councilors Announced

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Sorry, but I don't really feel like someone who barely comprehends the current system and the gameplay that results from it is qualified to be one of the people shooting balance suggestions off to Schine.
    sorry,did you not understand the previous point where.. um.. there are 3-4 competent people who CAN shoot balance suggestions off to Schine?
    Screw you

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    You require a base knowledge of the issues in order to accurately transmit the real issue to Schine. Most of the issues right now in-game are either Survival issues or Server Owner Issues.
    ToasterBorst is a server owner. HolyCookie has a direct connection to Odium that can tell him the problems with PvP. I have a huge ship that needs to work (so I am VERY aware of lag inducing issues). Megacrafter127 is knowledgeable of programming.

Seriously guys, at least wait and see how it goes before instantly complaining the day the Councillors are announced...

Chckn Wildstyle

Design Head of Cabal Weapons/Technologies (CWT)
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    when did you become such a **** ? are you trying to say this is to hard for me to understand? that i am retard who was in a box for 3 years?
    My choice to not go full tryhard with ships was my own,that does not mean I dont want more gameplay features,and harder AI,mobs,and tons of PVP elements.. like really?
    I don't think that you understand this either. I started getting sassy when you did. Don't complain when people treat you the way that you treat them.

Sure it is your choice to not go into PVP, that is also the same reason as to why you are unfit to preside over game balance because you do not even know what balance is.

If you can make a good ship, that works for its intended role, then I will retract my statement.

However, just because your own personal choice is the reason you know little to nothing about balance does not exempt you from needing that knowledge to communicate the suggestions to Schine effectively.

You have dug your own grave. If you would leave the balancing to those who understand it, and the creative building to those who understand it, then it would be fine. You are trying to break out of your mold in a rather brash way, and that is why we are saying this. If you had made an effort to understand things then there would be a point for you being on the council, but you haven't. If you don't qualify for the job, then you don't qualify for the job.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I don't think that you understand this either. I started getting sassy when you did. Don't complain when people treat you the way that you treat them.

Sure it is your choice to no go into PVP, that is also the same reason as to why you are unfit to preside over game balance because you do not even know what balance is.

If you can make a good ship, that works for its intended role, then I will retract my statement.

However, just because your own personal choice is the reason you know little to nothing about balance does not exempt you from needing that knowledge to communicate the suggestions to Schine effectively.

You have dug your own grave. If you would leave the balancing to those who understand it, and the creative building to those who understand it, then it would be fine. You are trying to break out of your mold in a rather brash way, and that is why we are saying this. If you had made an effort to understand things then there would be a point for you being on the council, but you haven't. If you don't qualify for the job, then you don't qualify for the job.
    sorry.. when did I try to impose my own oppinions on balance? can you read Council slack?

Reactions: EnerJay

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    You require a base knowledge of the issues in order to accurately transmit the real issue to Schine. Most of the issues right now in-game are either Survival issues or Server Owner Issues.
    Sorry, but I don't really feel like someone who barely comprehends the current system and the gameplay that results from it is qualified to be one of the people shooting balance suggestions off to Schine.

Sure it is your choice to not go into PVP, that is also the same reason as to why you are unfit to preside over game balance because you do not even know what balance is.

no survivors...

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    sorry.. when did I try to impose my own oppinions on balance? can you read Council slack?
    I am suggesting that you will use this to push your own ideas, rather, if you can't understand the suggestions then how will you do you job.

This is an honest critique, stop taking it personally.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I have no issue with ToasterBorst. I have issues with certain others :p
    Why? You don't need 5 people to bring in information about a single issue/domain. Generally just one person can get good info, which can then be validated by the other Councillors (so it's not like that one person's bias influences everything either).
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454041553,1454041497][/DOUBLEPOST]
    didn't holycookie get banned for like six months
    Yea, he did... (maybe not six months though). He gets pretty heated when it comes to faction politics, but I've yet to see him send abuse flying for non-faction oriented stuff.

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Why? You don't need 5 people to bring in information about a single issue/domain. Generally just one person can get good info, which can then be validated by the other Councillors (so it's not like that one person's bias influences everything either).
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454041553,1454041497][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yea, he did... (maybe not six months though). He gets pretty heated when it comes to faction politics, but I've yet to see him send abuse flying for non-faction oriented stuff.
    Having good judgement in the majority helps though.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    sorry,did you not understand the previous point where.. um.. there are 3-4 competent people who CAN shoot balance suggestions off to Schine?
    Screw you
    Oh, lets see... There's Keptick. And there's Sven, who's chronically inactive, as far as I can tell. Sure, I guess HolyCookie can be a mouthpiece for all those permabanned Odium guys, but I wouldn't really call him a balance expert on his own, more of a logic guy.

The rest of you? Yeesh.

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    I guess most of the people miss the point. The community isn´t only about people who play hardcore survival faction warfare. The playerbase who plays starmade as a purly creative game is massive, they will of course vote for people who also build with creative mode to improve it further. I get the impression that a lot of people think that if someone decides to use creative mode that he can´t understand how the game works/should work. Maybe some people use creative mode because the understand how it works and don´t want to participate in the current state? Just because pvp is the main content of the current multiplayer doesn´t mean that the whole universe spins around the few guys who actually do it.

The voting is done guys, go whine somewhere else.

Reactions: alterintel

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I am suggesting that you will use this to push your own ideas, rather, if you can't understand the suggestions then how will you do you job.

Skylord for the most part didn't participate in balance discussions (that came from community ideas), and when he did he didn't even come close to trying to impose his ideas on the game. What he DID do was relay suggestions created by the community. In fact, I don't remember him even pushing for suggestions of his own even once.

So yea, you're pretty wrong...

Reactions: ToasterBorst

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    isn't dalmont the leader of one of the factions holycookie was flaming

kek

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I guess most of the people miss the point. The community isn´t only about people who play hardcore survival faction warfare. The playerbase who plays starmade as a purly creative game is massive, they will of course vote for people who also build with creative mode to improve it further. I get the impression that a lot of people think that if someone decides to use creative mode that he can´t understand how the game works/should work. Maybe some people use creative mode because the understand how it works and don´t want to participate in the current state? Just because pvp is the main content of the current multiplayer doesn´t mean that the whole universe spins around the few guys who actually do it.

What kind of representation do builders need, exactly? I'd rather have a functional, playable, well balanced game over an increase to our already incredibly generous supply of decorative blocks. Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius

how do you know what I want?
    Here is what I want for the game and tell me its not what you want?
    I want:
    5 AI difficilty options ranging from easy to hardcore to insane
    I want AI to fly realisticaly,and not run away from a player
    I want missions where you need to fend off waves of enemy ships,and board enemy station full of AI crew to retrieve a secret data.
    I want more diplomacy options
    etc.
    I just want a game where you create your empire,trade,go to war and have fun, fu** me right and my oppinions? right?

Reactions: Black Corporation

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8

There is a type of player who you are not speaking of: The good builder. These people know that having good systems is necessary as well as the need for a good looking exterior. Those are the people that should be pandered to, as they are the people who understand the full point of the game.

Plus: How can you balance the way blocks look, because I have no idea. If you can explain how exclusively creative players can help balance the game please make your point.

Reaction score
    Alright why are we complaining??? Like holy shit, we had a VOTE, deal with the results. Grow up.

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    who do you know why I want?
    Here is what I want for the game and tell me its not what you want?
    I want:
    5 AI difficilty options ranging from easy to hardcore to insane
    I want AI to fly realisticaly,and not run away from a player
    I want missions where you need to fend off waves of enemy ships,and board enemy station full of AI crew to retrieve a secret data.
    I want more diplomacy options
    etc.
    I just want a game where you create your empire,trade,go to war and have fun, fu** me right and my oppinions? right?
    Everyone already has those opinions though. Most of them are planned.

Again, your own personal preferences are not being called into question here.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1454042026,1454041974][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Alright why are we complaining??? Like holy shit, we had a VOTE, deal with the results. Grow up.
    We are critiquing, not complaining. Where else should we critique them?

Last edited: