Cargo Antici...

Reaction score
    can't wait to get pirating
    Piracy is going to be a lot of work too...you'll have the same cargo constraints so you'll need to cherry pick only the valuable loot out quickly and get out of dodge before retaliation, or work in teams with your own cargoships that you'll need to protect.

This whole thing might add a lot of dimension to the game or it might just turn into a big chore that is avoided as much as possible.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I've been building with cargo in mind for a wee while. I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented sooner with just carrying the blocks. My freighter designs are modular, with a large cargo container design. Thrust will be a problem, but I'm not intending to have super fast freighters or at least fast accelerating ships.

There could be exponential costs to implementing cargo, so a noobie my need to work a lot harder to accumulate the resources to make cash to then by additional hull, energy and thrust compared to now. At the moment a noob can build a simple core/power/thrust ship and carry their cargo in their inventory or shell out for a storage block to add to their super ship.

I welcome the cargo. Can't wait! :)

Here's an old freighter design and a recent pirate freighter design of mine. Both slow and weak, but able to hall which is their main purpose.

Respectable Freighter with multiple modules docked.
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/my-cargo-freighter.20828/

Pirate Freighter is down the bottom of this page. Video demo included.
    http://starmadedock.net/content/zimmtech-piratefleet-lone_puppy.3513/

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Piracy is going to be a lot of work too...you'll have the same cargo constraints so you'll need to cherry pick only the valuable loot out quickly and get out of dodge before retaliation, or work in teams with your own cargoships that you'll need to protect.

This whole thing might add a lot of dimension to the game or it might just turn into a big chore that is avoided as much as possible.
    ow shit, you just had to say that don't you, you little party pooper :(

Reaction score
    A bit over 1/3 of my ships are trading ships(4 of 11 in total, 4 of them are military, i play for 2 years and i design my ships for longevity and necessity, i still use my first proper ship, and that was 25-26 months ago) and all of them use the proper of a cargo ship, the cargo is ship bound and not container bound, my largest one has aprox 370k blocks(185m long), 80k block capacity(the new cargo system probably will be above 1:20 ratio), and it also has around 2.4 warp ratio(so it is quick-ish) and something like 6.8M shields.

I also have a bit smaller(155m long) trading ship, but much higher speed at around 3.2-3.6 warp ratio, 1.1-1.7T/M,4-5M shields, and around 270k blocks, and also have 2 small size cargo ships at 56 and 76m long but they don't have much of proper shields, being the smallest one 4.7k blocks and 35k shields and the other around 12k blocks 120k shields.

Reaction score
    I'm not too concerned about the upcoming cargo changes, I can hardly wait.

Conveyor class container ship

240000m³ total in twelve shipping containers, engines rated for ~75000t cargo mass

Reactions: Dr. Whammy
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm not too concerned about the upcoming cargo changes, I can hardly wait.

Conveyor class container ship

240000m³ total in twelve shipping containers, engines rated for ~75000t cargo mass
    Funny thing now you say it, pretty long ago about a month after rails i had the idea to have a special dock where people can drop off their cargo, never thought of it again until now, after this update all i need is inter-rail movement and i can start making shipping containers for the station