Better logic detector for storage blocks to a docked ship

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    The functionality of the OR-block with storage blocks should be improved to allow it to better work with docked entities.

Currently, if a storage block is connected to an OR-signal, the OR will activate when the storage pulls items from another storage on the same entity.
    upload_2016-7-20_20-20-46.png
    upload_2016-7-20_20-20-54.png
    The OR will remain activated until the storage block it is connected to empties its contents into another storage on the same entity.
    upload_2016-7-20_20-21-35.png

However, this does NOT work when transferring items to docked entities through rail dockers.
    The OR does not turn on when the storage pulls items, and it does not turn off when it is empty.
    upload_2016-7-20_20-22-11.png
    upload_2016-7-20_20-22-23.png

It would be much more useful if the OR would activate whenever the storage it is attached to gains items, no matter the source of these items; and if it turned off whenever it is empty, no matter what entity the items went to. (this may be a bug)

Reaction score
    I call BS.
    I had this working last week.
    Are you saying the latest patch broke it?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah I was building an auto cargo unloading system. Which worked but the OR logic doesn't activate when pulling to or from a rail. Both from the docked entity to main and main to docked. Like when you put or remove something from your inventor to the storage block.

The OR logic itself works from storage to storage on the same entity.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I call BS.
    I had this working last week.
    Are you saying the latest patch broke it?
    I guess so, I haven't tried it with an older version. Did you have it working between docked entities? Because storage on the same entity still works just fine.

Reaction score
    Yes I had I across rails.

Ok a work around is like the salvage gun workaround of using a prestorage.

Everything goes to it then to your mainstorage. The prestorage captures your overflow as it were after your main storage says its full