Asgard Shipyard

Reaction score
    Small Update

I added a drone hangar, it holds 42 drones. With lok on missiles these will be the bane of enemy turrets, while simultaneously drawing fire for the mothership.

And I have begun with the thrusters.

Reaction score
    as always you far exceed my expectations
    didn't you say you were not making a carrier?
    btw im currently using a ship from another shipyard that can one shot 7.5 mil shields, can oyu beat that? (im still using your ship because they look much better and are easyer to move but the ship im using is a freaking tank)

Reaction score
    Well first thanks and second, I was wrong about the carrier thing. I tested some of my own drones and I came to the conclusion that they are worth the space on the ship. And while it does have drones I would not call it a carrier. It is still a cruiser, with drones.

So far the biggest weapon on of my ships has is on the battleship, you can see it in the picture above in the upper rght corner. It fires 4 missiles with 1,5 million damage each. But that is not really difficult to make. It will be some time before that one gets finished. And it will not fly that much better than a brick:D

Last edited:

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The back of the battleship

It main weapon is a lock on missile array with 4 missiles 2,5 million damage each.
    Still a WIP
    Erhm..
    I hope that thing is going to be fast
    because thats a hell of a lot of engines

Reaction score
    HOLY CRAP WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
    I agree with nauvran it had better go very fast

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    To many engines overheating would be a nightmare. Also a prime target for baddies cuz it go big booms :p

Reaction score
    the current build has more thrust than mass, what is ok for a ship of that size i think. But I will try to give the ship as much thrust as possible.

The idea behind the ship is that of a long range fire support. The most mass is invested in the heavy main missile array and the needed power to fire that indefinetily. There is a secondary heat seaking array you can use should someone come near you.

It will get lots of turrets like all my ships.

The combat doctrine will be to jump stay behind and keep the distance while other ships like the Munin get close and personal.

But of cource that means other stats will not be as powerfull as other ships that size. Shields will not be very strong and you should not get near a dedicated brawler.

But I will see how it turns out :D[DOUBLEPOST=1411942429,1411942287][/DOUBLEPOST]
    To many engines overheating would be a nightmare. Also a prime target for baddies cuz it go big booms :p
    you should shoot from above or below the ship. much bigger arget and most turrets cant get at you, it will not save you from the frigate sized heat seaking arrays or the 100 drones it carries but you can try :p

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    What if this happens to you?

1:17

Reaction score
    What if this happens to you?

1:17
    dont do this ... dont make me want to want to play EVE ... really ... araaargghhh :D

But my idea for such a situation is to release the drone swarms and fire the Heat seaking missiles or better the other way around. First missiles the drones ... if that does not work run like hell and jump away. Or die fighting. Well not me I build the things :D

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    EVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice fleet too

Reaction score
    had not to much time today so I designed a bigger drone.

They each feature a cannon_cannon_punchthrough and 4 missile_beam_explosive arrays. Just at a little over 1000 Mass I hope they are a little more dangerous than the little drones.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    tree arrays? Whats that a Evergreen laser?

Also you used a similar barrel design to my 250M Dual Railgun XD

Reaction score
    Sorry I dont know, what is
    tree arrays? Whats that a Evergreen laser?

Also you used a similar barrel design to my 250M Dual Railgun XD
    Sorry I dont know, what is a evergreen laser? And for the weapon. First it had three array behind each other this way it was able to penetrate deeper into the enemy. But with punchthrough and this powerfull weapons, well it is not really helpfull to penetrate 300 or 400 block of hardened hull. So now the arrays are above each other to make bigger holes :D