Ares mod

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Howdy,
    As far as I know there isn't a good way to make an invincible ship, plus the physics might become a problem. I've done some testing, and it looks like using server commands cannot spawn stations inside one annother, even if one station has an opening inside that's large enough.

I'll look into sector imports, though that will be more time consuming.

The suggestions so far look good. I'll work towards them.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    There might be a way around it though. Say make key Capture points that have to be taken before the main base can be hit. There might also be some commands floating around to use as well.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1447119175,1447118105][/DOUBLEPOST]Asked in chat and the command /structure_set_invulnerable might do it just keep in mind that it should only make the targeted entity invulnerable. Not sure about the other way around though. As for the physics lag I'd setup a single map at first with the bases having a shield like this around them and see what happens. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Is anyone running full time server with this mod? I played it last week and thought it was amazing, but now I can't find anyone running it.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    I think there was one but not sure.

In any event me and a few others were messing around on another server and came up with an interesting idea. Why not a indoors battle mode and/or areas?

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If there was an actual server running this with decent uptime and players, you'd barely ever see me on a vanilla survival server again.

AssIn9 is yours still WIP or abandoned?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I just received the new server on Friday. I am loading it and should have it online mid week.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Howdy Guys,
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it lux_crews! So at the moment, it doesn't look like there are any servers that run this on a permanent basis. It looks like Assin9 is working on that though.

So StormWing0, the main base has an interior which you can battle it out in. The main objective of a game is to destroy the faction block of your opponent's base, which can be done with a torch. A commando style raid could be done to your opponent's base, to do just that. As your opponent wouldn't want to fire upon their own station to kill the intruders, they would need to engage you on foot on the inside. Does that satisfy what you are asking for?

I believe Matt was talking about a map that required this sort of thing in order for it to win. I am considering a larger base that contained a more elaborate arena, and having higher shielding to encourage boarding it. Instead of needing to torch through blast doors, have buttons to disable internal defences (such as doors, and perhaps anti-personel turrets). This would be sort of an intermediary to what was recommended and what we have. The main issue would be making what needed to happen obvious to players. I will continue to look into the larger invulnerable defence screen as well. Keep in mind that neither of these will be implemented soon(Unless someone wants to volunteer to build one ;)).

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Howdy Guys,
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it lux_crews! So at the moment, it doesn't look like there are any servers that run this on a permanent basis. It looks like Assin9 is working on that though.

So StormWing0, the main base has an interior which you can battle it out in. The main objective of a game is to destroy the faction block of your opponent's base, which can be done with a torch. A commando style raid could be done to your opponent's base, to do just that. As your opponent wouldn't want to fire upon their own station to kill the intruders, they would need to engage you on foot on the inside. Does that satisfy what you are asking for?

I believe Matt was talking about a map that required this sort of thing in order for it to win. I am considering a larger base that contained a more elaborate arena, and having higher shielding to encourage boarding it. Instead of needing to torch through blast doors, have buttons to disable internal defences (such as doors, and perhaps anti-personel turrets). This would be sort of an intermediary to what was recommended and what we have. The main issue would be making what needed to happen obvious to players. I will continue to look into the larger invulnerable defence screen as well. Keep in mind that neither of these will be implemented soon(Unless someone wants to volunteer to build one ;)).
    make sure the faction block is nowhere near the HUD indicator of the station, no need to help the sieging ships aim at it ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Howdy Guys,
    I'll be opening the server back up This Saturday at noon MST, and closing it as noon MST on Sunday.

Changes made to the server:
    - Auto-restart is fixed
    - Auto-balencing has been added. If one faction has 2 more players than annother, the server will make a call for players to switch factions. If no one does, it will select a player from the larger faction randomly to switch.
    - Switching factions is now permitted when switching to a faction with less players while the game is in progress.
    - map voting should now work.
    - Mitigations are in place to help with the blank chat bug. It doesn't eliminate it, but makes it happen less often. Note that you as a player can fix this issue by resizing their chat window to as small as possible, then back to normal size.
    - A few server side enhancements.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Version 13 of stard and version 11 of ares is running on JustAres.ddns.net:4242

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Stick it in your signature and open a server thread?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    hmm seems capturing the base bugged on Assin9's server, along with a lot of the commands to give items as well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Talking to Assin9, We'll see if we can figure out what's going on.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I believe the game is fixed now on Assin9's server. Game should end correctly when a base loses it's faction block

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Server is up: pebble.dynalias.net:4242

Please keep in mind that this server is a development server, and the purpose of opening this up to others is to test out new versions before they are released. So there may be bugs, just be sure to report them! :D

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    hmm the respawn point needs to be inside the station rather than outside it, might help since some people don't like being spawn killed. XD

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Also noticed under certain conditions you'll end up spawning far from the station. Not sure how to replicate this bug though.