An Urgent Message to Schine

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Most of the ideas you were proposing could be abused in many cases and that's why a lot of people were against them because at the time Vaygr was still around and used anything they could to abuse the system or find ulterior means to "win".
    So that means we weren't allowed to even TALK about options? To brainstorm for a way to do it that wasn't easily abusable? Vaygr is the exact reason WHY controls were and still are needed.
    you can stop your delusional agenda. we havent been saying there shouldnt be options for server owners, we disagree with the idea of forcing those rulesets.
    I'm calling bull right there, there were multiple times I specifically called for options that would be disabled by default and I still got yelled down. I specified for PvE servers, and got shouted down. Literally anything that wasn't "There should be no restrictions of any kind on PvP anywhere" was shouted down, and we all know it.

Go find where I ever said I wanted PvP limits forced onto PvP servers. I'll wait.

Reactions: jayman38

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    So that means we weren't allowed to even TALK about options? To brainstorm for a way to do it that wasn't easily abusable? Vaygr is the exact reason WHY controls were and still are needed.
    I'm just saying it was why they got shot down so badly. Because the way you wanted them would lead exactly to helping Vaygr and not hurting them and everyone on SMD was either

A. Not invested in faction stuff

Or

B. Had at least some involvement and were Anti-Vaygr

Mainly because Vaygr got themselves all banned.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm just saying it was why they got shot down so badly. Because the way you wanted them would lead exactly to helping Vaygr and not hurting them and everyone on SMD was either
    Well my point was "Abusive people are ignoring server rules and griefing everybody, lets brainstorm ideas on how to stop that" and the only answer being "We can't do anything, we have to leave it all exactly the way it is".

Half the people doing that were probably in Vaygr, honestly.

Reaction score
    I'm calling bull right there, there were multiple times I specifically called for options that would be disabled by default and I still got yelled down. I specified for PvE servers, and got shouted down. Literally anything that wasn't "There should be no restrictions of any kind on PvP anywhere" was shouted down, and we all know it.

Go find where I ever said I wanted PvP limits forced onto PvP servers. I'll wait.
    ok.

upload_2018-10-29_16-5-22.png

upload_2018-10-29_16-6-35.png

you deliberately lied. you campaigned to make all pvp servers have to follow your personal opinions for consensual pvp only. you suggested that pvp be turned OFF by default, not on.

oh heres where i (and many others) explicitly agreed that controls were a good option.

upload_2018-10-29_16-8-18.png

basically everyting youve said is a lie, and hiding behind perceived moreality doesnt erase that fact. the question is why? youre not doing the game any favors by dredging this stuff up, so i can only assume the drama fills a hole in your life? idk man.

oh one more thing. next time you wanna lie about alts try to get your math right. its almost like i only participate in relevant discussion and i dont spend my life on reddit. upload_2018-10-29_16-11-35.png

Attachments

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    ok.

View attachment 51334

View attachment 51335

you deliberately lied. you campaigned to make all pvp servers have to follow your personal opinions for consensual pvp only. you suggested that pvp be turned OFF by default, not on.

oh heres where i (and many others) explicitly agreed that controls were a good option.

View attachment 51336
    And you are deliberately taking things out of context. Here's the response directly below yours in that thread:

Image1.jpg

Where I then specified different behavior for a PvP server, where anyone who wanted to use it would have to constantly pay to have it on.

Starting with a flag like that enabled meant that new players would be immune to spawn camping on the server. PvP having to spend faction points would mean that it would be off by default there because they couldn't afford to turn it on until they had an established faction.

Reaction score
    And you are deliberately taking things out of context. Here's the response directly below yours in that thread:

View attachment 51339

Where I then specified different behavior for a PvP server, where anyone who wanted to use it would have to constantly pay to have it on.
    im not taking anything out of context. you deliberately suggested that all servers have consensual only pvp, as well as a toggle flag that defaults to off.

you also said basically all opposing views were just shouting you down for opposing all pvp etc, and clearly thats not the case.

you lied about saying it, and asked me to show you where you said that. i did. bringing up some other sht you said doesnt erase what you said, nor does it erase that you lied about "virtualy all" opposing position.

i tried to only highlight the relevant bullshit. i guess its no coincidence that most of its highlighted.

you are a liar.

Last edited:

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    that was a response suggestion. im not taking anything out of context. you deliberately suggested that all servers have consensual only pvp, as well as a toggle flag that defaults to off. you lied about saying it, and asked me to show you where you said that. i did. brigning up some other sht you said doesnt erase what you said.
    Well, my apologies then for forgetting to specify in one post that it should be a server option. Congratulations, you have bested me by finding one post I didn't go full on CYA mode on. You have clearly uncovered a vast conspiracy which completely negates everything else I've said for years by this omission.

Reaction score
    Well, my apologies then for forgetting to specify in one post that it should be a server option. Congratulations, you have bested me by finding one post I didn't go full on CYA mode on.
    but thats not even relevant. you specifically said it should default to off... earlier you claimed you suggested it would default to on.

you specifically suggested that pvp servers be forced to follow your rules, simply because no other server alteratives were aailable. you did not mention any options because you did not present it as an option.

oh... and even if you werent lying your ass off right now (you are), and you really did just mean it as an option... the fact that you conveniently left that out in your post explains why people react the way they do, doesnt it? whether you meant it or not, you said it.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I really wish the thread I referenced here wasn't deleted for being so old. Maybe I should restart it and see if the kinder, gentler climate these days will get any traction?

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    ok.

View attachment 51334

View attachment 51335

View attachment 51336

basically everyting youve said is a lie, and hiding behind perceived moreality doesnt erase that fact. the question is why? youre not doing the game any favors by dredging this stuff up, so i can only assume the drama fills a hole in your life? idk man.

oh one more thing. next time you wanna lie about alts try to get your math right. its almost like i only participate in relevant discussion and i dont spend my life on reddit.View attachment 51338
    why do yall think veilith is a red alt. literally hes livestreamed himself playing games and weve seen his face even. veilith is probably the most respected pvper in starmade and yet according to you anyone who proves your points wrong is a red alt and a troll

Reactions: Az14el
    Reaction score
    That game [MechWarrior: Living Legends | official website] hardly counts, it survives off a few dozen hardcore veterans, and it's a fan conversion mod technically.
    full mixed asset mech game - check
    a full server at some point every night - check
    a team of dedicated developers and testers - check
    drip-drip of new players who come and stay, as well as occasional pubbers - check
    community support and events - check
    excellent pvp action - check

still [10 years] [imho] the most fun multiplayer mech game - check

... jus' sayin' fam ...

Reactions: DrTarDIS

Jebediah1

FlyingZeene_TNT, Emperor of NRE. (Scipio)
    Reaction score
    MacThule
    IMG_3512.PNG
    I finally found hardcore proof that that red and others are actually paid by skywanderers to secure starmades downfall.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    + + + ENGAGE ALL DAMAGE CONTROL SYSTEMS + + +

+ + + THIS IS NOT A DRILL + + +

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    full mixed asset mech game - check
    a full server at some point every night - check
    a team of dedicated developers and testers - check
    drip-drip of new players who come and stay, as well as occasional pubbers - check
    community support and events - check
    excellent pvp action - check

still [10 years] [imho] the most fun multiplayer mech game - check

... jus' sayin' fam ...
    MWLL can't qualify as a game that suffered badly and rebounded while being a modern title. It never suffered bad publicity unless you decide to count the little war between it's users and MWO users and it's not a real game.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    THIS IS THE ISSUE. RIGHT HERE. Schine shouldn't have announced new power until it was a month out from release.
    That was definitely a bad call. I think you're being myopic to say that it is "THE" issue as if there are no other major contributions, but I agree that it hurt activity levels a lot. So did the negative publicity campaign on YouTube, Steam, Reddit, Discord and other social mediums. So did the concerted attempts to "burn down SMD" I think (?) was the profile page quote from one party involved last Winter. So did direct competition from knock-off apps.

Unfortunately "one weird mistake you're making" really is only clickbait - in the real world problems are caused by a wide array of different factors. Schine definitely made some bad calls - no denying it. In fact I still believe that rebuilding power was a mistake. I like new power better, but the 18 month loss was not worth it when old power was pretty good already. At the same time Schine was targeted by competitors and a small cadre of disgruntled players who wanted to backseat-drive development (either in concert or just coincidentally). There are probably several other substantial factors involved as well.

BTW; Conspiracy is bread and butter for federal courts in the real world. Every cop, every lawyer, every judge spends a lot of time thinking and theorizing about conspiracies and possible conspiracies. Any theory can be wrong, but that's about facts. Pretending that "all conspiracies are fantasy" because you don't want to deal with it is cattle-brained (which is why we can herd them into slaughter chutes and they never really understand that there's a concerted plan at work and all the humans herding them are in on it). A theory is either wrong or right because of the facts; not because it states or implies a conspiracy. People plan stuff. Together, and most often privately. Sorry, I know that upsets a lot of people, but... it's a fact.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    When you're complaining about back-seat drivers while crashing the car.

Reactions: Reilly Reese

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    So did the negative publicity campaign on YouTube, Steam, Reddit, Discord and other social mediums. So did the concerted attempts to "burn down SMD" I think (?) was the profile page quote from one party involved last Winter. So did direct competition from knock-off apps.
    Buddy, the idea that there was a concerted and planned effort to perform industrial espionage is ludicrous, I was involved in the alpha trailer for SkyWanderers to a small extent and that just wasn't happening.

What was happening is one of Raiben's IRL friends decided to make a game and Raiben moved his support from StarMade to SkyWanderers and a lot of players noticed and decided to follow suite because of the massive blunder that was P 2.0 and the sudden changes and extremities going on here at StarMade.

Even now there's not many old StarMaders in SkyWanderers actively.

Reactions: Az14el