1. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software.

An Urgent Message to Schine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lokilog, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Az14el

Az14el Definitely not a skywanderers dev

Don't do drugs kids

2. NaStral

Highly questionable assertions driven by massive delusions of grandeur. Why say something when you can simply know? What good reason could one have to make such claims in front of a bunch of loser space lego nerds? Please though, don't stop on my account. SMD is still full of inexhaustible lolcows I see. Don't ever change.

• Like Like x 1
    3. MacThule

You asked.

4. Comr4de

What is this alex jones conspiracy theory crap? Get out of here. Unless you're going to name names you're stirring shit for the sake of it.

Just a friendly reminder that this is an irreversible issue that the game will have when it comes time to market to this theoretical "actual audience".
      [​IMG]

And before you call me a russian bot or whatever it is you think people who have issue with starmade are:
      [​IMG]

I've logged 2k+ hours in this game. The quality has gone downhill. Those three positive reviews were left 3-4 years ago.

THIS IS THE ISSUE. RIGHT HERE. Schine shouldn't have announced new power until it was a month out from release. That is why your community is a ghost town. That is why there are a grand total of 8 people playing multiplayer starmade right now. You can argue conspiracy theories, industrial espionage, even divine intervention all you'd like. It won't help or change anything.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    5. aceface

[​IMG]

6. Drakkart

Stopped reading after the first page. not careing to much about SM tbh.

Awww man that is depressing but well the actual mechanics not really support ship development. Every single one of these so called "pvpers" (i'd call them players being able to build operating ships with balanced offensive and defensive systems) understand that the actual game mechanics, no mater the default value tweaks, will never result in a fun game to play. The mechanics themselfes are way to restictive and have way to much artificial complexity to deliver a "easy to learn, hard to master" experience.
      So there will again be a complete overhaul of mechanics, even though shine might not admit that yet, it has to come trust me on that. So why bother with an interim system? Maybe some, like me, are still lurking but...

You are blaming the messenger. Those people did that to show, what shine was not able to balance. Because Shine often lacks in vision about what their changes may result in gameplay/gamemechanics wise. As demonstrated with those recent changes of crushing a energy system, which allowed freedom of building and design, within certain constraints, to a system, that strongly favors cigars as only valid design choice, efficiency wise.
      These "pvpers" just utilized the mechanics the game allowed, not to ruin the game but to help the development because those people actually cared, to make the game become deep, easy accessable, but still challenging.
      That not everyone is able to understand the mechanics to this level, just shows how immature the underlying gameconcepts were. NOT how godly these players were, just how hard it was for people to get into the mechanics.

Sure, there were people "enjoying" their "supremacy" over the "skilless" "majority". But most of the real PVPers i knew only tried to help the Devs but were mostly ignored even though provided Real solutions to some system weaknesses.
      These people not being around here anymore, will never result in a good fun game.

Shine delivering a system worse than the previous one just shows the lack of vision that causes these strong imbalances resulting in META builds. So either they will somehow figure out good mechanics which will actually allow for a system that can be balanced, or more likely they will dumb the game down to oblivion ruining the game for everyone.

Actually the game before these changes had at least ONE resort it provided some fun.
      Just because the lions left the enclosure that had crappy fences does not proove the stability of the newer fences. It just means, that should somewhen a single lion return, the cycle of misery will start over, not that sheep vs lion is now a balanced game.
      Only good game mechanics will result in a balanceable game thus providing fun for every "faction". But well shine still has to come up with something better than the previous power system... actually, my guess is, most pvpers doubt shine actually can.

You obviously are not a so called pvper. otherwise you'd understand the actual problematic replacement of bad with worse.

• Like Like x 2
    7. Erth Paradine

Erth Paradine Server Admln & Bug Reporter

I cannot recall any modern game which as weathered and rebounded from a significant player decline, even after major overhauls. Can you?

• Like Like x 1
    8. Alphajim

If you missed it.

• Like Like x 1
    9. kulbolen

youre talking about me. macthule accused me directly of being a rival game developer last december along with a bunch of other crazy shit. he wanted to post up some self serving bullshit here now that "were all banned" ... ... lol

10. Drakkart

Thank you, yes i actually did. Sad to see they are still sticking to a dead horse. : (

11. Edymnion

Edymnion Carebear Extraordinaire!

Considering virtually no game lets the public in the door during alpha stage in the first place? If anything we ended up with TOO MUCH exposure TOO EARLY, and that has been the cause of most of the "problems". People who, like in the screenshot above, don't understand that alpha literally means "the game is going to change drastically every time there is a major update", because that is literally what being an alpha state game means.

• Like Like x 2
    12. Thadius Faran

Thadius Faran #1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner

A History of Starmade Factions [2011-2013]

Proof ^ PvPers and the Factions generated more content for StarMade than the game itself has in 7 years pretty much.

• Like Like x 1
    13. TheDerpGamerX

TheDerpGamerX Lord of Lawnmowers

can we stop making these threads kthanks

seriously this point has been made to death. schema doesnt care end of story

so what hes banned half the community and completely fucked balance?
      he doesnt care theres no point in arguing it
      --- Updated post (merge), Oct 29, 2018, Original Post Date: Oct 29, 2018 ---
      no, no one was being paid by the french dude to shit on starmade. take your shitty conspiracy theories elsewhere. they shit on starmade because of how the community and schine had treated them end of story.

also i dont think skywanderes has micro transactions. but if they did maybe it would be something like this
      https://starmadedock.net/threads/microtransaction-idea-community-store.21152/

checkmate flat aethists
      --- Updated post (merge), Oct 29, 2018 ---
      This is the only post worth reading on SMD.
      Truer words have never been spoken.
      Pretty much all major groups stopped most building and some even stopped activity because we all thought the servers would be reset after Power2.0 was released. It was only in the final weeks when we got impatient and said "fuck it this update is never coming" did people start doing stuff on servers again. There was actually a fair amount of activity then but it pretty much died when p2.0 came out

Personally, I would love to leave Starmade, but I have yet to find a game I like that I can move Dovan to that would be similar. I feel like I've invested too much time into this game, and I do believe the game will one day have players again, its just that they've pretty much ruined any faith a lot of people had in them.

• Like Like x 3
    14. Az14el

b-but this way nobody gets punished? how ever will our community survive if there's no witches to burn at the stake

for real though valid point (the rest too)

• Like Like x 1
    15. GnomeKing

16. Edymnion

Edymnion Carebear Extraordinaire!

Hey, even Minecraft has it's store like that these days. And I've bought several skins from it. So if that was supposed to be a jab at me, it wasn't a very good one. :)

17. TheDerpGamerX

TheDerpGamerX Lord of Lawnmowers

thats cuz microsoft is greedy, not because the players wanted it

18. Az14el

nah nah, what starmade needs is clearly a lootbox & daily rewards system

19. Captain Skwidz

Captain Skwidz turtleStew

well that's sad

• Like Like x 1
    20. Swiftstone

I agree with this view completely.
      It's why I tend to build my ships (particularly the larger ones) to serve a working crew of players. RP should be a natural outgrowth of actual game-play and whatever activity the player(s) are currently engaged in should serve as a framework upon which role-playing can be layered.

Pilots on a carrier should be able to see others running for their ships and launch as they scramble man-able fighters. Larger industrial ships in particular should be designed to accommodate working crews, rather than single pilots and a bunch of idle passengers. For industrial and military ships especially, this means fairly spartan, easily navigable interior spaces whenever possible and easily accessible, clearly demarcated sub-ships.

Too many people crafting such ships make labyrinthine interiors that are difficult to navigate under the best of circumstances, but when in the barely-controlled panic of combat for instance, add confusion to an already bad situation. Industrial settings are only different in that efficiency matters for regular, long-term, workaday use, rather than saving precious seconds that might win a battle, but they should still provide that same sense of collective effort and promotion of crew interactions when everyone heads to the mining ships or what have you.

With the devs now concentrating on making this game more of an actual game and trying to draw new players in, I feel that more ship-builders should be designing ships which serve and promote cooperative effort among players that is like any other tool: Highly functional, easy to use/maintain and easy to store when you don't need it.

I look at it quite simply, really. If you're about to put a whole ton of crew quarters, etc., into your ship build, ask yourself what all those people would actually do on your ship. Instead of building 50 rooms of crew quarters, build 5 or 10. Then imagine people actually living in those rooms while the ship or station is in operation.

Now give each of them a job to do when the ship or station is performing it's intended function. In this way, RP is built into the very fabric of the construct, coming easily and naturally to the players who use it. You don't have to be a good actor to have good RP if you're actually doing what you're playing at.