An Open Letter to the Odium Pact Refugees

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    also, if odium is so dead, why are people doing propoganda on the forums if we are as detached from the forums as mushroom fleet.
    that wouldn't make sense. and if odium is so dead, why do you guys all care about it, you left odium get over it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435424971,1435424879][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Group named Odium.
    o·di·um ˈōdēəm/
    general or widespread hatred or disgust directed toward someone as a result of their actions."his job had made him the target of public hostility and odium"

""Starts caring about image" Many lols.

im talking about that image :p if we, Odium lose our image, how could we call ourself Odium.
    our image is that what you just said, keep it that way :D

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    also, if odium is so dead, why are people doing propoganda on the forums if we are as detached from the forums as mushroom fleet.
    that wouldn't make sense. and if odium is so dead, why do you guys all care about it, you left odium get over it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435424971,1435424879][/DOUBLEPOST]

im talking about that image :p if we, Odium lose our image, how could we call ourself Odium.
    our image that what you just said, keep it that way :D
    Because they keep coming into our home and breaking our shit...?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think most of them are upset that the odium they once joined and fought in, is nothing more than a dying shell of hatred and anger.
    I respect the old odium, and the wars they fought, the current odium has given me no reason to respect them.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Posting on the forums does not mean you are not detached. I used 'detached' to say that you come to decisions and opinions within yourselves and hold them as truths, even if they are wrong.

You can not say that we are "wrong" because you decided inside the teamspeak that you are right. Reality doesn't work like that, but it is a common practice from both Sodium and Mushed Feet these days.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Posting on the forums does not mean you are not detached. I used 'detached' to say that you come to decisions and opinions within yourselves and hold them as truths, even if they are wrong.

You can not say that we are "wrong" because you decided inside the teamspeak that you are right. Reality doesn't work like that, but it is a common practice from both Sodium and Mushed Feet these days.
    still no reason for you to care about all this, go back to your faction problems and gt over Odium, you left it and have nothing to do with all this, or do you?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    încă nici un motiv pentru a vă pasă de toate astea , du-te înapoi la problemele tale fracțiunii si gt peste Odium , ai lăsat și nu au nimic de -a face cu toate astea , sau nu?
    Someone translate this for me.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Historically and currently we have spoken through action, that is why we are on shattered skies...
    Last I heard, Aceface made an official notice saying that they were leaving SS and heading back to EE. Never once did anyone say they were going back to SS. Announcing which servers they are on is normally the best of Odium's announcements, as sometimes people move to said servers for fighting (which was desired last I heard).

And about needing to care about recruits? On the forums???? We hardly ever recruit on the forums just look through our factions posts lol, 90% of the time its from other games and minecraft servers. All i care about is in nuclear's drunken state he lied about being the pact.
    If you do not need recruits from the forums, then you do not need to care about what is said here. At all. All dragging it out does is keep it alive long enough for move people to notice and then drag that info onto servers with them. You make it worse by "fighting" it and you should really know not to.

And about your time in the vaygr, you sat on HSZ and built the station and some ships which where both very nice... but that was about it.
    I built on HSZ yes, but the reason I left and the reason the people who left around that time left were the same; Vaygr could not war anymore, and thus fell inactive. If you can't fight, you stall, and you lose the members that want to play this game. I also heard that AA was planning on moving to another game to focus on, which would leave CR to brace the Vaygr's war whims and keep resources going (Which would probably fracture it more than it was).

You don't need to fight to know how a faction works internally. Membership my change, but the leadership is constant and fairly predictable. Odium would break down if the wars ever stopped.

If recruits from here do no matter, then pay no attention to it. You might think that making the people here annoyed might cause them to eventually launch an attack, but the majority of people here know that the best way to 'fight' Odium is to not fight. You're just risking getting more members banned.

But yeah, I didn't fight, not that I ever got much of an chance to while I was in Vaygr. HSZ was house sitting because there was no wars there, Nass I had to stand out because of computer issues, and Illusive... that update fit and crippled the entire fleet, you left the game before you even got to order Vaygr to attack. Wasn't a whole lot to even do, considering all I was ever given was a Harpy and a station to build.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Well, you see, usually Odium would shrug it off.
    A group of people, the membership in it's entirety unknown, has been attempting to engineer the fall of Odium through a propaganda war. They have been trying to make it look like an inevitable cascade of events, but they have been guiding it through misinterpretation and flame. This shows NuclearDonut to be one of those people.

However, the reason that Odium will not just shrug this off is not fear, or anger, or recognition of truth. It is elation. We could not be more excited. Because anyone with a brain knows that Odium is not falling. And this shadowy group has overplayed its hand. What they have been doing is plain for everyone to see. Perhaps NuclearDonut's statement before could've been seen as a weird coincidence, of one who has been away from faction politics too long to know the realities. But coupled with this, it show a pattern blatant for all to see. And the sheer arrogance of it will assure that this will stay at the top of the forums, and all will see their blunder.

Can you not see the pattern, people of Starmade? Is it not obvious? First a faction so completely inactive that it is practically nonexistent "leaves" the Odium Pact. And now this? An attempt to say that we are falling apart? We care not that EH supposedly left. We only care that the actions of this shadowy group be brought into the light.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    0Samuel0 There is no "shadowy group", Odium is just falling apart on its own (or shrinking, rather). Trying to place the blame on an imaginary group just shows how desperate you are.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Nice job keeping things from getting too heated so far. Keep it up. Now I'm sorry if this next part is a bit off topic, but in order to help facilitate healthier discussions in the future here are a few tips; I have never lost a single argument when following these.

First is my favorite, and something I always keep in mind when attempting to counter someone's points: the Principle of Charity.
    Principle of Charity means interpreting the opponent's arguments in their most valid, persuasive, or legit form. It's assuming that the opponent's argument is wholly intelligent and thought out. It's assuming that the opponent's points are true despite our initial reaction to disagree. In Starmade terms it would be automatically assuming that the enemy pilots and engineers are as or more competent than your own and using that assumption to react to threats accordingly.
    Then and only then can you address issues with the opponent's position and apply counterpoints that are persuasive to your opponent and hold against their rebuttals.
    Constantly viewing the opponent's arguments as weak and addressing them as so will 90% of the time lead to a disconnect in the argument. Most often the two sides are arguing completely different points without countering each other and end up going in circles without getting anything done.

Second, remain flexible in your opinions. This is the killer that people usually have trouble with but with some practice will allow you to nullify just about every perceived loss of an argument.
    There's many times where folks will attempt to feint the use of this, usually with the intent of proving themselves right by giving the opponent a false opening. To actually use it is a little bit more difficult than that. At the beginning of an argument you must set aside the notion that you are already right. Then before anything else try to prove to yourself that your argument is sound and think 'if this was coming from someone else, would I believe it?' Having a personal disconnect with your own argument is a great way to find it's flaws instead of becoming blind to them and focusing on the opponent's instead. Once you know your own flaws you can fix them and change your viewpoint.
    "But wait, isn't changing your view point admitting that you were wrong and losing the argument?"
    Admitting that you were once wrong is not being currently wrong. No longer supporting your initial view is not losing an argument.
    Supporting a flawed view is losing an argument.

I hope this can help get rid of the silly 'us vs them' mentality going around and help foster discussions that lead to actual decisive conclusions.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    Who is totalwarfare? I do not recognize the name, nor does your quote lead anywhere.
    He was a Zorozeenee alt, and he was quoting a forum post that was deleted on account of the poster being permanently banned from the forums.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Who is totalwarfare? I do not recognize the name, nor does your quote lead anywhere.
    I definitely wasn't arguing with a ghost. No, no, of course not. Cyba not crazy, you're the crazy ones. Friends will come. Friends will help, and then you'll see. See who is crazy.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    I never said it was an organized shadowy group. It is largely disconnected from one another, yet they work towards the same goal.
    Then it's not a group.

Still, the vast majority of the things that have happened to Odium recently are exactly one group's fault, and I know which group it is. You might have heard of it. It's called "The Odium Pact".

Reactions: Keptick

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I do agree that your agent did his work well. Too bad Aceface had a blind spot where he was concerned.
    I'm not sure if you got the point, but even if you did, you're still short by 5 more points.

Get it? 6 points? Hexagon? Spies? No? Kay.

Winterhome

Reaction score
    I do agree that your agent did his work well. Too bad Aceface had a blind spot where he was concerned. This would be... oh, the 3rd time he's managed to screw us over? Of course, it was Leanson who had to handle it at least one of those times, so perhaps that explains why aceface didn't see it coming.

We had an agent...?