An Open Letter to the Odium Pact Refugees

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
    http://oldsite.star-made.org/content/open-letter-calderon-republic-refugees

Hello and welcome,

You may know me from different servers and for different reasons. And if you don't know me, well I'm Nuclear Doughnut, I was the leader of Omega Inc. on HSZ, a ship building faction and currently I am CEO of Event Horizon on Elwyn Eternity, we also have several vested interests and investments on Shattered Skies.

We, as a faction see all Starmade servers as part of one Starmade universe, and we consider ourselves a Universal Entity, as such firstly, I would like to extend my deepest sympathy at the series of events that have unfolded resulting in your apparent impending disbandment. As much as I like to wind people up and cause disdain, that is simply a means to an ends and that ends is war and conflict. However the total and imminent disbandment of an entire alliance and specifically several of the few major factions is not something that will ever please me. So again you have my honest sympathy.

But this issue can be fixed, and resolved, and as a Good Universal entity I hope to help by facilitating that, we do not expect anything in return other than your individual factions’ reestablishment and the presence of another substantial faction on the political table.

I don't like to advertise servers, but where we currently call home, we have wealth, assets and resources, players and time to contribute to help you guys rebuild, I have already asked and there is also potential for support to help you guys accomplish this.

Should the ex-leadership as a whole not wish to reform, we are also willing to provide a home for any loose members looking for somewhere to play. Although our ultimate goal is that your faction reforms, we will not refuse a player in need.

Thanks and good luck to all concerned,
    Ridik Ulass, Nuclear Doughnut, CEO
    Event Horizon

For those who are informed. I am not attempting to pull a Ridik cause that would be Ridikulass... but I feel that his oration as the Odium Founder and my former comrade these words were fitting at this point in time.

Thank you for your time.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    This letter used to have a purpose, it was used before a group fell apart. But Odium ain't falling apart any time soon. We have the same amount of active members as we did a year ago.

Your attempted to copy someone who made this for a purpose. Now its just forum spam and flame, simply perverted to make yourself look good on the forums.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    hmm i was not aware of an alliance i am in falling apart...
    have you been eating too many shrooms?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Since this is a Ridik flavour'd thread, I'll use a gif i got from Ridik.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Since this is a Ridik flavour'd thread, I'll use a gif i got from Ridik.
    I'm confused. Is this saying that Nuclear Donut is making a joke or reference, he is making a joke of himself, that he is using a joke or reference in a poor manner?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm confused. Is this saying that Nuclear Donut is making a joke or reference, he is making a joke of himself, that he is using a joke or reference in a poor manner?
    The post is a reference to Ridik's old posts, in which he would offer a 'helping' hand to factions that were on the verge of falling apart (He was not always directly involved, nor were all of them true, despite what Zoro might tell you). It`s taking a jab at Odium`s current position, which includes;

1) Having 2 of it`s leaders Perm banned from the public forums.
    2) Having one of the other related factions basically split in half in recent history to form their own factions.
    3) Having recently run from a server after having their leaders banned (That whole war decisions confuses the hell out of me, never would I think that Odium would feel the need to look for attention).
    4) Having EH leave, which despite what people may say, was one of those original factions of the Pact and was the main attacking force during the Odium-Concord war. Might not be as shiny as it used to be, but EH has some interesting history and had quite a few members with powerful machines for titan fighting back in the day.

To be completely honest, this is exactly the time when Ridik would post something like this, maybe it`s little late really, but it is being used against the Alliance that once used it.

It`s both a reference and a joke. Most people get it, and back in my day Odium would have just shrugged it off. Times are weird.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The post is a reference to Ridik's old posts, in which he would offer a 'helping' hand to factions that were on the verge of falling apart (He was not always directly involved, nor were all of them true, despite what Zoro might tell you). It`s taking a jab at Odium`s current position, which includes;

1) Having 2 of it`s leaders Perm banned from the public forums.
    2) Having one of the other related factions basically split in half in recent history to form their own factions.
    3) Having recently run from a server after having their leaders banned (That whole war decisions confuses the hell out of me, never would I think that Odium would feel the need to look for attention).
    4) Having EH leave, which despite what people may say, was one of those original factions of the Pact and was the main attacking force during the Odium-Concord war. Might not be as shiny as it used to be, but EH has some interesting history and had quite a few members with powerful machines for titan fighting back in the day.

To be completely honest, this is exactly the time when Ridik would post something like this, maybe it`s little late really, but it is being used against the Alliance that once used it.

It`s both a reference and a joke. Most people get it, and back in my day Odium would have just shrugged it off. Times are weird.
    Well, you see, usually Odium would shrug it off.
    A group of people, the membership in it's entirety unknown, has been attempting to engineer the fall of Odium through a propaganda war. They have been trying to make it look like an inevitable cascade of events, but they have been guiding it through misinterpretation and flame. This shows NuclearDonut to be one of those people.

However, the reason that Odium will not just shrug this off is not fear, or anger, or recognition of truth. It is elation. We could not be more excited. Because anyone with a brain knows that Odium is not falling. And this shadowy group has overplayed its hand. What they have been doing is plain for everyone to see. Perhaps NuclearDonut's statement before could've been seen as a weird coincidence, of one who has been away from faction politics too long to know the realities. But coupled with this, it show a pattern blatant for all to see. And the sheer arrogance of it will assure that this will stay at the top of the forums, and all will see their blunder.

Can you not see the pattern, people of Starmade? Is it not obvious? First a faction so completely inactive that it is practically nonexistent "leaves" the Odium Pact. And now this? An attempt to say that we are falling apart? We care not that EH supposedly left. We only care that the actions of this shadowy group be brought into the light.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This letter used to have a purpose, it was used before a group fell apart. But Odium ain't falling apart any time soon. We have the same amount of active members as we did a year ago.

Your attempted to copy someone who made this for a purpose. Now its just forum spam and flame, simply perverted to make yourself look good on the forums.
    hmm i was not aware of an alliance i am in falling apart...
    have you been eating too many shrooms?
    What a colossal blunder. Maybe you and your friends would have succeeded, had you not been so impatient.
    common people have a bit of respect for this poor guy, this is what happens when you get radiated it's not his fault that he is hallucinating

Reactions: 0Samuel0
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Its a funny enough joke to make you guys pissed off, learn to ignore it, or keeping make his point true. All up to you guys.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Well, you see, usually Odium would shrug it off.
    A group of people, the membership in it's entirety unknown, has been attempting to engineer the fall of Odium through a propaganda war. They have been trying to make it look like an inevitable cascade of events, but they have been guiding it through misinterpretation and flame. This shows NuclearDonut to be one of those people.

However, the reason that Odium will not just shrug this off is not fear, or anger, or recognition of truth. It is elation. We could not be more excited. Because anyone with a brain knows that Odium is not falling. And this shadowy group has overplayed its hand. What they have been doing is plain for everyone to see. Perhaps NuclearDonut's statement before could've been seen as a weird coincidence, of one who has been away from faction politics too long to know the realities. But coupled with this, it show a pattern blatant for all to see. And the sheer arrogance of it will assure that this will stay at the top of the forums, and all will see their blunder.

Can you not see the pattern, people of Starmade? Is it not obvious? First a faction so completely inactive that it is practically nonexistent "leaves" the Odium Pact. And now this? An attempt to say that we are falling apart? We care not that EH left. We only care that the actions of this shadowy group be brought into the light.
    I`mma just say 1 thing.
    Bitch I was a Vaygr Admiral

If Zoro wants to start talking shit because Doughnut decided to leave, let him. Doughnut is not some cloaked person that comes to stab you in the night.

Why the fuck does Odium even care about a propaganda war? Historically, they have said they wanted to show through actions. If this is wrong, then they would do something ingame to show they were still a threat. The fact that they get so antsy and panicky because someone posts something shows how close to the edge they are that they actually need to care about new recruits this much.

Also, Who even are you? At first I figured you were just ill-informed grunt, now I feel like you might be an alt of someone who's trying to avoid direct flak. Odium is as detached from the forum community as Mushroom Fleet is, and the common opinion is they are doing about as well. You know where doughnut is, he's on EE, same as you. Go fight there instead of squabbling about what he said here. Want to prove you arem't dying? Maybe try twitching a little. Do something instead of doing nothing. Once Odium stops moving, it is dead.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Its a funny enough joke to make you guys pissed off, learn to ignore it, or keeping make his point true. All up to you guys.
    like you would ignore someone in real life that is framing you for murder, right....
    this is a offence to our honour and image

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE!!!
    FFS please get over it, its a game.
    lawl im not getting over something i am not on (or something like that)
    i'm just as well a guy of action, not someone who likes political movements of cowardy but hey, its part of the faction stuff
    and we have to keep moving as cyber already said. i'm just not that good at political talking and stuff like that

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Group named Odium.
    o·di·um ˈōdēəm/
    general or widespread hatred or disgust directed toward someone as a result of their actions."his job had made him the target of public hostility and odium"

""Starts caring about image" Many lols.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Oh boy, here come the conspiracy theories...