Read by Council An extension to a certain post about lights.

Reaction score
    Recognized - No Power/No Lights is the original thread, and here is a seperate thread specifically for the purpose of logic. If power is at zero or the core is overheating, logic will cease functioning until power is restored or the ship is repaired, e.g, elevator is going to floor three, power goes out, the elevator continues to floor three and and freezes in place when the operation is complete.

Reactions: Valck and jgames666
    Reaction score
    Great idea, I would love to see more polished ideas like this one concerning small but more realistic features.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Recognized - No Power/No Lights is the original thread, and here is a seperate thread specifically for the purpose of logic. If power is at zero or the core is overheating, logic will cease functioning until power is restored or the ship is repaired, e.g, elevator is going to floor three, power goes out, the elevator continues to floor three and and freezes in place when the operation is complete.
    I'm thinking the only way to achieve this is not have power states not effect logic directly just make the over heating state stop players from using buttons, activators or area triggers. The game would not be able to tell what the intentions of the logic circuits are, only off and on, high and low. Of course this would also have to have effect docked ships because otherwise you could still use the buttons on an elevator cart but that would cause issues if you dock to an overheating ship and all the sudden your doors do not work.

Reaction score
    I'm thinking the only way to achieve this is not have power states not effect logic directly just make the over heating state stop players from using buttons, activators or area triggers. The game would not be able to tell what the intentions of the logic circuits are, only off and on, high and low. Of course this would also have to have effect docked ships because otherwise you could still use the buttons on an elevator cart but that would cause issues if you dock to an overheating ship and all the sudden your doors do not work.
    That would also work quite well and would be easier to implement. with cargo implemented, I would also like to see auto pull systems cease functioning.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This is a bit too close to the game's inner workings for me to comment on with any authority, but I do believe it's entirely feasible to "freeze" logic. Remember, the on/off state of a block, which is the only property a component has at any given time, is a rotational data bit. It's every bit as persistent as the block Id, damage, or rotation. If the game simply stops updating the logic blocks they'll freeze in place, and resume later as if nothing had happened. Of course, in order to truly preserve the state of a system, any rail movement would have to freeze too, but that's trivial.

Of course, there could be specifics to the system I'm unaware of, rendering the above invalid.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    would be cool to see plex lights flicker or completely go off along with all logic when the ship core systems are damaged badly,I think its not only feasible,but it also should not be super hard to implement :D but thats just crazy ol skylord talking

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think Sven_The_Slayer has the most workable idea by simply making player use of logic disabled on the entity. But how you ask could we do that without some quirky new stuff? How about making 'overheating' or the like a change the ship to a 'special' faction permission that doesn't show the 'you are not allowed' but no longer lets you interact with the vessels systems.

This means logic would run but you cannot control it, doors won't open, logic doesn't trigger (buttons) but somethings will still work that should, automation functions properly. It might lock you out of computers but then Schine can find a way to get around that (if needed).

or is that over the top in complications?

PS: A rather cool addition would be the need for logic to operate specifically if overheating, like autostart escape pods launching, open escape hatches etc.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Andem
    Reaction score
    Hmm, the last bit of that makes wonderfull sense.

I'd been wondering how to properly automate that sort of thing for a while now.