Added support for Sketchfab

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    time for a real tank!
    also don't forget to turn on post-processing filters to add things like bloom and depth of field. they make these models pop!

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    How to make lights and crystals glow?
    the only way that I've seen so far is to turn on the bloom effect in the post-processing filter tab. Theres an option for emission maps but from what i've seen that only increases/decreases the contrast on blocks whiting them out. maybe im just using them wrong but activating the bloom effect does appear to make glowing blocks glow.

Reaction score
    the only way that I've seen so far is to turn on the bloom effect in the post-processing filter tab. Theres an option for emission maps but from what i've seen that only increases/decreases the contrast on blocks whiting them out. maybe im just using them wrong but activating the bloom effect does appear to make glowing blocks glow.
    What I did in order to get lights to actually emit light, is that I went to the mtl_0 material. I changed the base color texture to t000NoLights (Included in this post). Then I enabled emission, and changed the emission texture to t000LightsOnly (Also included to this post) I set the emission strength to 15. I feel like this looks really good together with the bloom effect! I updated tradestation eta if you are curious about how it looks.
    [doublepost=1474915077,1474915046][/doublepost]Woops forgot to add the textures

Attachments

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    What I did in order to get lights to actually emit light, is that I went to the mtl_0 material. I changed the base color texture to t000NoLights (Included in this post). Then I enabled emission, and changed the emission texture to t000LightsOnly (Also included to this post) I set the emission strength to 15. I feel like this looks really good together with the bloom effect! I updated tradestation eta if you are curious about how it looks.
    [doublepost=1474915077,1474915046][/doublepost]Woops forgot to add the textures
    followed the instructions and all its doing is making the entire ship glow not just the lights.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Try this file for the lights:
    View attachment 32611
    there we go. that worked. Now we gotta make emission sheets for every light source :)
    [doublepost=1474936513,1474936364][/doublepost]
    there we go. that worked. Now we gotta make emission sheets for every light source :)
    just discovered that with this one you don't even need the texture sheet without the light blocks. It compounds the light with the desired textures.
    [doublepost=1474938602][/doublepost]ok i've messed around with the emission map for this and ive found that if you just color all the blocks you dont want glowing black it will make the glows that you do want to glow glow without screwing up the rest of the model.
    [doublepost=1474939980][/doublepost]ok i've managed to create some better emission maps.
    t000 3D EM.png t001 3D EM.png t002 3D EM.png
    that make all the glowing blocks glow properly without messing with the other blocks.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I am not getting nearly as much glow as you. I selected
    for my emission map and turned it to 100% but it hardly glows. Do I need to delete the other ones as well?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I am not getting nearly as much glow as you. I selected
    for my emission map and turned it to 100% but it hardly glows. Do I need to delete the other ones as well?
    while that one worked if you use it in conjunction with the one diffuse map that has the light textures removed then the emission map acts as the light texture and comes out already dim. try just use the default diffuse map and then use the ones I made. The brightness seems to compound.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    while that one worked if you use it in conjunction with the one diffuse map that has the light textures removed then the emission map acts as the light texture and comes out already dim. try just use the default diffuse map and then use the ones I made. The brightness seems to compound.
    Do I just go to manage textures under emission and add those three texture sheets?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Do I just go to manage textures under emission and add those three texture sheets?
    yes. Match each emission map with its appropriate texture sheet. just do this for all three texture sheets and your models should glow like they do in game.

will need to add more stuff to the emission maps as the emission maps in game make a ton of blocks glow.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    yes. Match each emission map with its appropriate texture sheet. just do this for all three texture sheets and your models should glow like they do in game.

will need to add more stuff to the emission maps as the emission maps in game make a ton of blocks glow.
    What do you mean by match? Do I replace the texture sheets?

Ahh got what you mean now! Thanks!!

Last edited:

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    What do you mean by match? Do I replace the texture sheets?
    No, you add the emission map on top of it essentially. The emission maps are exactly the same as the regular texture sheet. just go to the emssion tab and add the map. it will go on top of the regular diffuse map and make the blocks glow.

Reaction score
    [doublepost=1474936513,1474936364][/doublepost]
    just discovered that with this one you don't even need the texture sheet without the light blocks. It compounds the light with the desired textures.
    [doublepost=1474938602][/doublepost]ok i've messed around with the emission map for this and ive found that if you just color all the blocks you dont want glowing black it will make the glows that you do want to glow glow without screwing up the rest of the model.
    [doublepost=1474939980][/doublepost]ok i've managed to create some better emission maps.
    View attachment 32612 View attachment 32613 View attachment 32614
    that make all the glowing blocks glow properly without messing with the other blocks.
    Of course! Putting an emission as overlay over the usual texture will be way more effective... great job on getting those other light sources working by the way! I updated my models so they have that epic lighting everywhere now ;).

Reactions: SkylordLuke

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    Neat. Is the view movement and panning choppy for you guys? My hardware is old.

Reactions: Groovrider