Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Try it that way:

kuun-lan-export-ingame.png

Then check the directory:
    kuun-lan-export-files.png

If you see this all went fine.
    Now compress the whole folder in an archive. (many formats are supported.)
    Click on Upload on Sketchfab, and select the zipfile.

It will process the files and allow some adjustments,
    once you are fine with it, just drop the URL to the model in any post:

- Andy

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    by the way.... you don't need to compress everything into a zip file first. you can just select all the files in the directory to upload, and it should work. At least it worked for me.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    by the way.... you don't need to compress everything into a zip file first. you can just select all the files in the directory to upload, and it should work. At least it worked for me.
    It does work that way if your total filesize is below 50MB.

The "Kuun-Lan-14" is 260MB in total filesize.
    Compressed as 7z its 33MB.

I also have a huge station I'd like to show, but its 3.46GB exported, however compressed its 120MB.
    So for whatever you use it, if you are uploading more than 3-5 minutes in total, compressing will save for sure some time.

- Andy

Reactions: MossyStone48

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    right. so the html, bbcode and link don't work. we have to use the full url from the navigation bar.
    a tad counterintuitive as anyone can share from within sketchfab directly to an associated twitter.
    it appears to share via the link with no gaffs at all.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    a tad counterintuitive as anyone can share from within sketchfab directly to an associated twitter.
    StarMade ≠ Twitter. Twitter officially works with Sketchfab; Twitter is a multi-billion dollar company, its access to integrations are far superior to that of StarMade. Comparing the two is nonsensical.

html, bbcode and link don't work
    Allowing HTML in posts would be... disastrous. BBCode works just tested it, the link works. The shortened URL doesn't work, as it doesn't have the ID of the viewer. It might be possible to parse the shortened URL by utilizing their API, however, for such a tiny feature, it's not worth it.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    StarMade ≠ Twitter. Twitter officially works with Sketchfab; Twitter is a multi-billion dollar company, its access to integrations are far superior to that of StarMade. Comparing the two is nonsensical.
    how? it's the same api. look. it works. just not as smoothly as it could. like the community content links issues from a while back.
    i'm glad we have it regardless. it's a great feature.

i'm digging that first person mode tho. you can kinda float around inside and see the internals.

Last edited:

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    how? it's the same api. look. it works. just not as smoothly as it could. like the community content links issues from a while back.
    i'm glad we have it regardless. it's a great feature.
    It might be possible to parse the shortened URL by utilizing their API, however, for such a tiny feature, it's not worth it.
    I get it. We're not invoking their API to achieve this, it's simply taking the ID from the full URLs and inserting it into the embed HTML. Very simple and efficient. Unless we start implementing the API for more content heavy features, we're not going to incorporate it into the software for shortened URLs.

Although, I appreciate the suggestion and if we do start working on implementing the API it will be added.

Reactions: MossyStone48
    Reaction score
    Holy sh*t?! I got a bit of inspiration for stuff to do with these models, the model export didn't work properly on my computer so I asked the helpdesk, and just like that, I inspired tons of people to upload their models to sketchfab! That's amazing! I really hope people can share some great things with this. It means a lot to me as a 14 year old boy who just thought to mess around a bit.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Holy sh*t?! I got a bit of inspiration for stuff to do with these models, the model export didn't work properly on my computer so I asked the helpdesk, and just like that, I inspired tons of people to upload their models to sketchfab! That's amazing! I really hope people can share some great things with this. It means a lot to me as a 14 year old boy who just thought to mess around a bit.
    Yes, AndyP showed your design on Sketchfab to the team. I'd never seen the site before, knew it would be useful for the rest of the community. So thank you! :)

Reaction score
    Yes, AndyP showed your design on Sketchfab to the team. I'd never seen the site before, knew it would be useful for the rest of the community. So thank you! :)
    No, thank you! I'm very glad I could help this amazing community. (+ I suddenly like starmade 1000 times more now that I know what kind of amazing people play it.). If you could fix the issue that started this whole thing I could do so much more with this...
    [doublepost=1474802843,1474802809][/doublepost]Anyways I got to go for quite a while now but I'm looking forward for when I come back.

Reactions: AndyP

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Yeah, could not resist to share it. =)

As long as
    T1958 - ClassCastException when exporting 3D Model on OSX
    is not fixed, and you do not have someone to ask to do the export, feel free to reply to the ticket again with more blueprints.
    I'll export and send them back then.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Just a heads up that by messing around with the settings, you can use Sketchfab to do things such as make engines (Ice in front of lava/ice crystal and such) glow, and make glass clear, among other things such as nice shading and reflectiveness.

Here is an example with one of my ships that utilizes those options (Ignore the weird plant thing, I haven't figured out how to get rid of that white):
    Wait? You managed to get rid of the white things on the light rods but not on the plants? Did you do this within sketchfab or did you use an external program to get rid of those, because I only managed to figure out how to do that in blender. If you want to solve those plants you should probably just do the same thing that you did with the rods, but would you mind sharing your method of doing that on the rods?

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Wait? You managed to get rid of the white things on the light rods but not on the plants? Did you do this within sketchfab or did you use an external program to get rid of those, because I only managed to figure out how to do that in blender. If you want to solve those plants you should probably just do the same thing that you did with the rods, but would you mind sharing your method of doing that on the rods?
    This was done on the 3D settings tab on Sketchfab. You change both the clearness of the glass and having the white on the rods not existing by doing the same steps.

STEP 1: Go to the materials tab of the editor.

STEP 2: Select the mtl file that shows a pink outline over the whole ship.

STEP 3: Go the the transparency tab, select either blending or additive (Both work fine), and select the textures that include the glass and rods. Make sure the slider is at 0.

That is all that needs to be done in order to remove the white, hope that it helps you.

EDIT: I have found after tinkering with the settings how to remove the white on plants. Just follow the same steps above but select the mtl that highlights the plants in pink, and selecting the textures that have the plants in them instead of the glass.

Here is the model of the ship in the example​

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    This was done on the 3D settings tab on Sketchfab. You change both the clearness of the glass and having the white on the rods not existing by doing the same steps.

STEP 1: Go to the materials tab of the editor.

STEP 2: Select the mtl file that shows a pink outline over the whole ship.

STEP 3: Go the the transparency tab, select either blending or additive (Both work fine), and select the textures that include the glass and rods. Make sure the slider is at 0.

That is all that needs to be done in order to remove the white, hope that it helps you.

EDIT: I have found after tinkering with the settings how to remove the white on plants. Just follow the same steps above but select the mtl that highlights the plants in pink, and selecting the textures that have the plants in them instead of the glass.

Here is the model of the ship in the example​
    Of course! I didn't think about choosing the texture as transparency layer but that makes a lot of sense. If you do the same but select the mtl_0 material and do the same the plants should have see-through edges. Thanks for the help!
    [doublepost=1474820828,1474820676][/doublepost]I updated the tradestation teta to have proper transparency, thanks for the help!
    [doublepost=1474823063][/doublepost]I just realised that sketchfab has virtual reality support, and I realised that I had a google cardboard lying somewhere in my room. So I set the settings on Tradestation Eta. I really recommend anyone who has a google cardboard to try it out themselves.

First I tried it with the scale like it is a blueprint of a ship, and I instantly felt like I was a future station inspector looking at the newest designs :D.

Then I decided to scale my size down until I was at the actual 1:1 scale. I could teleport to the annotation in the bay in order to get up there.
    I felt like I was a pilot ready to take off and trade with my allies

Concluded, anyone who is able to try this out themselves should really do it, it's worth it.