A New "Wave" [Pirate Ship Community Contest]

Reaction score
    I think the wave looks amazing! ...
    Thanks for the compliment.

My only concern at this point is that I made the fighters to small and not mean enough and spent too much time on aesthetics and not enough on systems. I wanted to create variety in the sizes so the small one is pretty weak due to the aesthetics and such taking up a lot of mass. I am still no expert with weapons systems so they look nice but I am not sure they will provide enough additional challenge. Except maybe the larger corvette.
    Would you like to keep stats a mystery? I have started to get into the habit of listing all stats of ships I post. (I was lazy with the first couple) However in this case it might be more fun for people to download them and see for themselves.

Reaction score
    Thanks for the compliment.

My only concern at this point is that I made the fighters to small and not mean enough and spent too much time on aesthetics and not enough on systems. I wanted to create variety in the sizes so the small one is pretty weak due to the aesthetics and such taking up a lot of mass. I am still no expert with weapons systems so they look nice but I am not sure they will provide enough additional challenge. Except maybe the larger corvette.
    Would you like to keep stats a mystery? I have started to get into the habit of listing all stats of ships I post. (I was lazy with the first couple) However in this case it might be more fun for people to download them and see for themselves.

Well remember, the Challenge they provide is critical! They look lovely and you have more than enough time to keep going over them, maybe increase size in the ones you can for more systems if you feel they are lacking? Some may make naturally weaker because they have different systems in them of course and are a utility more than direct impact of damage.

I am thinking of on the side doing a little gladiator event and have all the waves face each other 1 on 1 verse another wave, would be cool to see what squad of ships comes out on top! ( Just a thought as another way to test their abilities )

Reaction score
    Well I just tested them against 5 waves of isanths (wave strength 9) 10 seconds apart... only one loss. They might be ready.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I am trying to see what I can do about making some pirates made out of my own little story line I have going.
    I'll upload the ships and post them here when they are done.
    oh and good luck to everyone

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, 2x100-400 and 3x401-1000, hmm, well never build that tiny combat ships except drones, but ill give it a try.

Reaction score
    who are the honorary judges? who do you have in mind?
    We have a few people in mind and have contacted a few people and still waiting to hear back from a few. We will announce it when we have them chosen. But no need to worry about that aspect, you make the ships we will make sure they are fairly and honorably judged!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I've been working on ships since i seen this post two days ago.. I hope to have them finished within the next week or so.. Here is one of my pirate ships so far for giggles.. It will be a little smaller then this per contest rules.. But to give you an idea of the theme i'm going with anyway.
    starmade-screenshot-0003.png

Reactions: Panpiper
    Reaction score
    I've been working on ships since i seen this post two days ago.. I hope to have them finished within the next week or so.. Here is one of my pirate ships so far for giggles.. It will be a little smaller then this per contest rules.. But to give you an idea of the theme i'm going with anyway.
    View attachment 10422
    it looks fearsome. I dig it!

Reaction score
    You may not have more than three Corvette Classed ships among the group.
    No you are allowed to make any variation in your size but not allowed to exceed two corvettes.
    Sooo, not to be excessively nit-picky, but, which is it? Max of 3 Corvettes, or max of 2 Corvettes?
    The Fighters are the tough ones, though! So tiny! My plans always balloon into cruisers... That's an art unto itself, I tell ya -- makin' good small stuff.

~

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have a little update.. 250 in mass to be exact.. But don't let that fool ya. Its a mean little bugger. But here is the smallest ship of my pirate wave.
    starmade-screenshot-0010.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I hope you dont mind if I join in late, but i didn't see this before. I've been needing an excuse to really test myself aesthetically and innovatively.

Reaction score
    I hope you dont mind if I join in late, but i didn't see this before.
    Nope, too late. Participants after me are disallowed. I can't endure additional competition. :p

[Note: Any statements made by EtherEel are entirely his own and should probably be disregarded because he is slightly mentally imbalanced.]

Reactions: Menoetius
    Reaction score
    I hope you dont mind if I join in late, but i didn't see this before. I've been needing an excuse to really test myself aesthetically and innovatively.
    Contest is still going all this month! you didn't join late at all!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1427551865,1427551692][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Nope, too late. Participants after me are disallowed. I can't endure additional competition. :p

[Note: Any statements made by EtherEel are entirely his own and should probably be disregarded because he is slightly mentally imbalanced.]
    Lols!