A New "Wave" [Pirate Ship Community Contest]

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Because the person that made the challenge disapeared, it's not like we have control over whether it should be over or not and just decided "this should be over"...
    Uh, perhaps you might step off a little? Your tone's a little much, don't you think?

I understand that the original folks running the challenge have dropped off the scene. This doesn't mean we can't pick it up again and reinstate the challenge.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441211229,1441211069][/DOUBLEPOST]
    We could start a continuous version of it with nothing other than pride and whatever people want to offer on the line for prizes, mostly just gamer/builder pride though. Announce winners for a particular round every so often and let people build on their pirates to their heart's content.

Say for example we could use the rules here plus or minus so additional ones to spice things up. Keeping it simple with the option to go crazy sounds like a fun thing to do. :)
    I say we restart the challenge as stated with the same rules.

I'd like to put forth the second challenge: The 'good guys' response to the increase in pirate strength. :)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Uh, perhaps you might step off a little? Your tone's a little much, don't you think?

I understand that the original folks running the challenge have dropped off the scene. This doesn't mean we can't pick it up again and reinstate the challenge.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441211229,1441211069][/DOUBLEPOST]

I say we restart the challenge as stated with the same rules.

I'd like to put forth the second challenge: The 'good guys' response to the increase in pirate strength. :)
    I don't see anything wrong with my tone o_O, your question was just phrased stupidly, no offense. Asking about other people continuing the challenge is a bit different from "Why should the challenge be over?". No one ever said that it should be over. It's like asking "why does the government let the price of oil rise?", just like the governement has no control over the market stock exchange we don't have control over this challenge since it's owner disapeared. If you want to start up similar challenge you're more than welcome to do so.

Reactions: Raisinbat

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I nominate Nauvran to start a 'new' such competition.
    A winner has already been found for the not yet existing competition!
    And the winner is....
    ME!

Anyways. I love to enter competition where I might actually have a chance to win (even though I actually never win anything) so it would be kinda a bummer for me to be one of the judges of a competition although I would gladly do it.

So erh Panpier? or someone else?
    A-anyone?
    Make a competition with me? something about fighters and stuff maybe.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Could set things up to where anyone can vote, say a cut off for a particular round would result in someone posting up a link to a survey poll listing all the current people that have posted an entree for that round. The next round would start practically right after the voting is deemed done but leaving the poll open in case people still want to play favorites with someone. :P

Say a poll site like this one http://strawpoll.me/ would be handy for instant and fast polls. The only issue would be going through the topic with a fine-tooth comb and making sure anyone that was entered in that round was in the poll but also keeping in mind some people might just post their own ideas as well but not be in a particular round.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I volunteer as tribute to start another competition. Ive been playing this game for years and Im not about to go anywhere so I promise that a winner would be announced if there are enough participants. What type of competition do people want though?

Reactions: Panpiper

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    well we could come up with different rules for different things. Say the rules here for example work find if we are sticking to drones, fighters, corvettes, but gets blown up if we try and allow things like frigates and other things over 1500 mass.

Could have Easy, Medium, Hard, and Mean; rule sets if we wanted but people would have to say what one they are going by if any at that point. It'd make it easier to just ctrl f what we needed to look for as well. :) For example the rules here would be a sort of easy set but also having some kind of difficulty range noted on the entries might help in saying how hard or easy the ships, stations, and turrets are for players to beat. :P

Reactions: jzimmerman4