A New "Wave" [Pirate Ship Community Contest]

Reaction score
    Yup, already have the three fighters done and currently half way through the first corvette.

Exciting! Savage started our Beta, so i will also be putting submissions into the server for the players to test for 48 hours each submission. Just to let the players/judges experience your works first hand!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I was wondering, since you want them to be glorious combat machines, I imagine that interior can be avoided? It wouldn't really server any function.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    in my opinion, the value of design of an interior for a purely aggressive ship (pirate ships) can be ignored, but that would add a extra for players who not only want to fight with them, but also, to capture them and add them to the ranks of their armies

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I was wondering, since you want them to be glorious combat machines, I imagine that interior can be avoided? It wouldn't really server any function.
    The OP specifies that the ships will be partially judged for RP, which I assume involves interior space, if only to show new players how it's done. I suppose you can technically skip interiors, but why hamper your score? A tiny, itty-bitty interior might be enough. We certainly shouldn't need as much as an Isanth!

Entries will be judged based upon Cosmetics, System and Ship Diversity, Overall difficulty the wave provides and that their is a sufficient amount of RP entailed for a pirate vessel.

Reaction score
    starmade-screenshot-0041.png Just a little teaser of my fleet. Still need to design the heavy corvette flagship, but three fighters and a light corvette are almost finished.

Reactions: BDLS and jayman38
    Reaction score
    The OP specifies that the ships will be partially judged for RP, which I assume involves interior space, if only to show new players how it's done. I suppose you can technically skip interiors, but why hamper your score? A tiny, itty-bitty interior might be enough. We certainly shouldn't need as much as an Isanth!
    Think he has a good grasp. Sorry for not making it clearer. As it is pirate ships, interior and RP is minimal but needed. FOr servers like ours where RP is important, we just hope to see a little effort put into interiors, even though they will be small and minimal. I saw a design with cages for prisoners taken, was a cute addition and took only a few blocks.

To be clear, only need a tad bit of RP though to make everyone happy :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Shame I suck at design, otherwise I'd participate as well!

Reaction score
    Damn this would be pretty interesting.
    I have a question: Would bypassing the size limit for one ship be allowed if it doesn't have upscaled systems ((Ie. It's bigger but performs the same as a smaller ship)

Reaction score
    Damn this would be pretty interesting.
    I have a question: Would bypassing the size limit for one ship be allowed if it doesn't have upscaled systems ((Ie. It's bigger but performs the same as a smaller ship)
    Sorry but no. The size regulations we are using are already is slightly more than some would consider normal, and even then, the goal of the contest is to create the most powerful death machines space can spit out... with the limitations only applied as such to push everyone to expand their skill sets and ingenuity.

Reaction score
    Aww. That's fine though; was just curious. Also, anything to know about any custom server configs that might affect ships?

Reaction score
    Aww. That's fine though; was just curious. Also, anything to know about any custom server configs that might affect ships?
    Nothing that will impact creation or design. As I am hoping all of the works will help the whole community, building them with normal and standard Starmade configurations might be best for everyone.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Sweet a contest! I will give it a shot! So you want 3 light drones and 2 heavy fighters? Cool.

Can pirates use effects? Say if I gave them piercing and Ion defensive effects, would they use them?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Sweet a contest! I will give it a shot! So you want 3 light drones and 2 heavy fighters? Cool.
    No you are allowed to make any variation in your size but not allowed to exceed two corvettes. Meaning you can also have just one or I guess in theory none. And I would label them heavy fighters and corvettes instead of drones and fighters just because of the size allotment for this contest.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Pity. I have a great concept (I think) for a 400 mass fighter, a 'seriously' wicked beast. Sadly I very much lack for inspiration beyond that one fighter, most of my thinking to date having gone for much larger concepts. Any builder here who is planning an ensemble and finds themselves short of an idea for all five, drop me a note, and I'll give you the idea.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    No you are allowed to make any variation in your size but not allowed to exceed two corvettes. Meaning you can also have just one or I guess in theory none. And I would label them heavy fighters and corvettes instead of drones and fighters just because of the size allotment for this contest.
    Ah, what I should of said was: Only three 400 mass ships and 2 1000 mass ships? The corvettes I see are usually from 3000-7000 masses, with gunships being between 2000 and 5000, and interceptors being below 1000. Then again, the smallest pirate the server has is 3k mass, so yeah, versing three of them as a newb is hard.