A History of Factions

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Where is the Dovan History part of this? Sure, we have't really done anything worth noting but its still insulting either way as we are one of the oldest starmade factions that is still active or hasn't changed their name.
    Well, go ahead and write it...

Reaction score
    You forgot Ze Glorious Goatyr Monarchy, the Greatest of Tyrs and Yrs and Monarchies. </3

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    He doesn't forget, how can you know about someone if they are never mentioned.
    You need to speak with your own voice, and show your own records. People are not going to simply pay attention to small or large factions unless they can draw attention to themselves. The history of the Maya was not recorded by China, because they could not know about each other at the time.

So please, speak up and provide us with your own information :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Where is the Dovan History part of this? Sure, we have't really done anything worth noting but its still insulting either way as we are one of the oldest starmade factions that is still active or hasn't changed their name.
    Apart from putting your faction's creation date, what notable event occurred?

This is just what I am wondering.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Put the history of your faction here im sure Lecic will add it

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Put the history of your faction here im sure Lecic will add it
    Correct. Although, by here, that means "with the suggestion feature on the google doc." Because I rarely add stuff people put in the thread. Do it yourself, people. I'm just here to press the checkmark button if it doesn't contradict what's already on it.

Reactions: Master_Artificer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I, Incap, the Emperor of the Glorious Helkan Imperium offer my undying support for this endeavor. We must always perverse and remember the past, lest we repeat it's mistakes.

Reactions: Lecic

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Alright, since there's been a lot of edit wars over this, here's a new rule- list ships as their block count, not faction class designation. Everyone has a different idea of what a "Destroyer" or a "Cruiser" or a "Frigate" is. I've started changing the ones I know, and I suggest people do the same if they see an old designation and know the block count of that ship.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11

Alright. Here's some formatting changes. Months should include the year for easy searching for a specific month and year. Disputed events should be marked with (DISPUTED- [claim one] vs [claim two] vs [claim three]) etc etc. In the event of proof for one claim (ie, a recording of the Cake Lord's pilot's perspective which clearly shows no hacks), the other claims are to be removed. And, while this was said earlier, it still stands- block counts are the primary descriptor. Mass is the backup if blockcount is not known. THEN you can fall back to the name/class of the ship if neither of the first two are known.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I just wanna say, as a complete newcomer to the game, this was really an interesting read. Kinda gives me some insight into some of the current faction threads out there right now as well. Thanks for putting this altogether.

Reactions: Reilly Reese
    Reaction score
    add the Omega empire, a fleeting new empire bent on bringing together all races in the galaxy into 1 massive empire!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'd like to add into this a new entry; the date for say... 6 hours before this comment, with Stormguard Interstellar Starfleet, being formed as a successor to Xanthos Interstellar Starfleet, on the server "Singularity", and the consequent sparking of a war with the faction The Oncoming Dark, led by Sylph.

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    add the Omega empire, a fleeting new empire bent on bringing together all races in the galaxy into 1 massive empire!
    I'd like to add into this a new entry; the date for say... 6 hours before this comment, with Stormguard Interstellar Starfleet, being formed as a successor to Xanthos Interstellar Starfleet, on the server "Singularity", and the consequent sparking of a war with the faction The Oncoming Dark, led by Sylph.
    The general public is able to add suggestions to the document itself, which are then moderated and approved/denied based on their relevance and veracity. I suggest that both of you do so (go to the google doc, scroll down to the bottom, add your suggestion).