A History of Factions

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think it would be a great community asset if we had a timeline with the history of factions. It'd help newbies learn about the backstory behind the many factions, and it'd be convenient to be able to look up past events. So, I'm asking the community to help me assemble a timeline of faction history.

A History of Starmade Factions.

EDIT- This is now a lot more complete, but it could still have more information! If you see something missing, please add it!

EDIT- Suggestions are now enabled on the document. Feel free to add a suggestion, and I'll get around to approving it.

EDIT- Now split up for smoother usage. 24 pages was way too many.

[2011-2013]
    [2014]
    [2015]
    [2016]

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Cr was made in 2013, was reformed in 2014 but i really can't remember much else from back then

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Who formed CR again? Cirdanoth?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I need something a tad more specific than a year, guys. A month, at least.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I believe the DFN was created earlier because I ran a faction alliance, The Brotherhood Alliance, which consisted of the Vaygr and a few smaller factions against them and their alliance. We managed to put enough pressure on them that their alliance broke up. Not having a common enemy caused the Odium Pact to form and break off from the Brotherhood. My alliance had its own fleet (called the Militia) and so I turned that into the Brotherhood Republic since the alliance dissolved after the Vaygr left. Now the Brotherhood Republic is a shipyard that is apart of the Lazarus Imperium.

Sorry I dont have time periods, this was quite awhile ago when I first started playing.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I believe the DFN was created earlier because I ran a faction alliance, The Brotherhood Alliance, which consisted of the Vaygr and a few smaller factions against them and their alliance. We managed to put enough pressure on them that their alliance broke up. Not having a common enemy caused the Odium Pact to form and break off from the Brotherhood. My alliance had its own fleet (called the Militia) and so I turned that into the Brotherhood Republic since the alliance dissolved after the Vaygr left. Now the Brotherhood Republic is a shipyard that is apart of the Lazarus Imperium.

Sorry I dont have time periods, this was quite awhile ago when I first started playing.
    Yeah, I know DFN is older. I just can't find anything forum-side with an earlier date. And yes, that means browsing oldsite.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It is because they have had their pages deleted due to raging and the likes

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Facepalm. I set up the CR with real life friends months before cirda even joined
    Thanks for clarifying :P

I never paid attention to faction shenanigans back then anyhow.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Caldera Empire was founded while both DFN and CR were already existing so they are older.

Also go ahead and add that Caldera is for now closed and CNY is what i'm currently working on.

I would also add the 2014 April website change in there and the little news network fad that occurred ;)

Reaction score
    Now this is a good idea, so long as it remains honest and true to records. Good stuff
    [DOUBLEPOST=1433586544,1433585425][/DOUBLEPOST]Sept 12th 2013 - Alliance Navy was formed with permission of Jehutus Dawes from secondlife. We establish a sponsor from PCgamersportal and was given a server by hunter the CEO.

November 2013 - Due to a falling out between Alliance Navy:SL and Alliance Navy:SM, AN reformed to Alliance Armada.

January 2014 - Operation Orion the first ever recorded massive StarMade Battle takes place on sponsors server between the Earth Alliance and Alliance Armada. Over 300 drones released and 6 large vessels deployed over slander of being spawn bullies.

March 2014 - Operation Anarchy takes place after a coalition set out for retribution for Earth Alliance.

Sept 21 2014 - AA establishes forum presence.

Oct 29 2014 - Calderon Republic challenges the AA on EE, AA settles on EE in preparation for an invasion. (Later trolled by aceface). After a 2 week long stalemate CR and AA agree to an alliance and establish a trade route.

Nov 2014 - AA declares war on TE for slander, conducts 4 attacks against TE infrastructure. Incap apologizes on behalf of member who slandered. Peace reached.
    - AA declares war on NFD for slander and threats.
    - First AA Titan spawned in. Thus began the Elwyn titan wars.
    - AA joins Odium

Mar 2015 - Alliance Armada reforms to Atlas Armament as a neutral contracting group. To shed the friendly name and establish new ties.
    - AA moves to starside

More to come when I have time. But thats pretty much how we were created and established on EE

These are all estimates to dates and I'll do my best to study and retrieve exact days

Last edited:

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I'm a small dude, so I probably won't even appear; but I'd suggest to place the dates of the start and end of server eras (being the major hub of the community. That means NASS , Illusive, EE and now, apparently, SS).

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    You forgot the laz eurocorp-EH conflict in early 2013. (You can ask MrNature72, me, Leanson and likely also nucleardonut about the events that transpired, seeing as ridik_ulass is no longer directly available)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm a small dude, so I probably won't even appear; but I'd suggest to place the dates of the start and end of server eras (being the major hub of the community. That means NASS , Illusive, EE and now, apparently, SS).
    NASS died when Vaygr left

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    It went NASS, Illusive,HSZ, Illusive, Elwyn Eternity, Starside.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1433592819,1433592784][/DOUBLEPOST]
    NASS died when Vaygr left
    It's still around just no one really cares.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Early 2013 (April-May-June) had some shenanigans going on with MichaelSeph's Galaxy Rangers' faction on NASS versus various individuals and smaller factions (The Bad Guys/Arstotzka(?)), although I don't recall exact details.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Heh The Bradley incident needs to also be documented.

Also where is the Rebel Alliance stuff bro!

Reactions: Indigo Slimez