A History of Factions

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Can the first successful boarding and capture of a station by major factions be included here? if so, on June 29, 2015 members of the Odium pact boarded and captured the station Dark Crystal on the Shattered Skies server previously owned by Blackfrost Partisans, later to be pillaged and then destroyed.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Can the first successful boarding and capture of a station by major factions be included here? if so, on June 29, 2015 members of the Odium pact boarded and captured the station Dark Crystal on the Shattered Skies server previously owned by Blackfrost Partisans, later to be pillaged and then destroyed.
    Seeing as how the DFN Bradley Station incidence is recorded and this is a similar instance as far as what physically happened I don't see why not.

Question is can you back this up? Maybe have Vaygr post about it because I have not heard of this forum side and I don't play SS. Not trying to be mean just keep clarity here.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Seeing as how the DFN Bradley Station incidence is recorded and this is a similar instance as far as what physically happened I don't see why not.

Question is can you back this up? Maybe have Vaygr post about it because I have not heard of this forum side and I don't play SS. Not trying to be mean just keep clarity here.
    No, I understand.
    There is a video on it coming out soon, I'm still waiting for it to be posted.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    It wouldn't be the first of these events (There was the DFN/Bradley Incident, as well as a SHIP boarding by UGSC on a Covenant ship) , but yeah, that kind of thing would be added.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A NO strike took over a station and pillaged it not more than a few days ago too...

Reaction score
    We did the station boarding several days ago. Samuel wasn't involved, he had to leave early, but if you guys are actually interested in putting that on there I'll shoot some video over in the next day or so, after we sort out a little admin difficulty related to it.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Lecic you need to put this in your sig buddy.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So i'm Assuming this is just for starmade forum dock factions?

I know of quite afew major factions who fought and died on redshift with the server.

Blade falcon (mainly hated by starfleet) being one of them.

Or you know, The black knights.

Many more on EE

They never made any dock posts due to them having their own websites atc

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    So i'm Assuming this is just for starmade forum dock factions?

I know of quite afew major factions who fought and died on redshift with the server.

Blade falcon (mainly hated by starfleet) being one of them.

Or you know, The black knights.

Many more on EE

They never made any dock posts due to them having their own websites atc
    This is for forumside factions. Serverside factions die with that server. Forumside factions continue to live on through multiple servers.

Also, since this is a resource mainly for people who frequent the dock already, no one really knows or cares about what a serverside only faction did, unless it involved a forumside faction.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This is for forumside factions. Serverside factions die with that server. Forumside factions continue to live on through multiple servers.

Also, since this is a resource mainly for people who frequent the dock already, no one really knows or cares about what a serverside only faction did, unless it involved a forumside faction.
    So name it "A history of faction's we care about"

I will have to start a starmade dock faction post so Dread Syndicate doesn't get forgotten to time.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    So name it "A history of faction's we care about"
    The political side of things is just as important as the combat side of things. Serverside factions don't exactly have a ton in the way of politics for the most part. Additionally, there's not really any solid record of events, unlike with forumside factions, which make records of their doings.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The political side of things is just as important as the combat side of things. Serverside factions don't exactly have a ton in the way of politics for the most part. Additionally, there's not really any solid record of events, unlike with forumside factions, which make records of their doings.
    I can recount the factions of redshift from late 2012 to late 2014 if needed.

I can remember having many political issues from server factions, Lots of people disliking some people and forming alliances with other factions to take out said single target.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm surprised Njord (assuming you're talking about him) gave you so much trouble, he didn't seem like a very strong adversary. We got rid of him in a week...

For the most part, Redshift factions have played little to no part in developing the current faction politics, so including them would be pointless.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm surprised Njord (assuming you're talking about him) gave you so much trouble, he didn't seem like a very strong adversary. We got rid of him in a week...

For the most part, Redshift factions have played little to no part in developing the current faction politics, so including them would be pointless.

Njord didn't give me much problems in redshift, In fact we never really fought.

As for redshift my point is the whole point of this post is to not forget factions, Why call it a history of factions if you don't include factions.

Saying they didn't play much role in developing current faction politics is arrogant just plain arrogant. Yes they didn't play much role but that is like saying oh because they where never involved on EE they are not a real faction.

I was talking about Black knights and Lateo industries blade falcon and i forget one ahh united trade alliance and much more.

All of those factions had their own ships ranks and members. They had allies and foes and fought battles and traded but unlike NFD they didn't have a thread, And that shouldn't be the sole reason we leave these guys out.

We should try our best to get as many factions as possible on the doc so they are not forgotten. (Not the one man factions that'd be pointless)

Another idea is to make another list a "server" list and list these types of factions under that so we don't forget the servers who have been and gone and at the same time atleast list some factions who have been and gone.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There are two different types of factions, sever side ones and forum ones. Although server side factions have their fare share of activity, you simply cannot compare them to forum factions, some of which have been around for over 2 years. It all boils down to public recognition, like lecic said, which also applies to real world scenarios, if you don't make official records, no one is going to remember you after you're gone.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There are two different types of factions, sever side ones and forum ones. Although server side factions have their fare share of activity, you simply cannot compare them to forum factions, some of which have been around for over 2 years. It all boils down to public recognition, like lecic said, which also applies to real world scenarios, if you don't make official records, no one is going to remember you after you're gone.
    I suppose that point is valid. One should contact the leaders of major factions on the servers and see if they will make a record.

Still think a record of server should also be made as we will be losing some at one point

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I suppose that point is valid. One should contact the leaders of major factions on the servers and see if they will make a record.

Still think a record of server should also be made as we will be losing some at one point
    I think we should just record everything, if something happened that was major to some community of a certain size it should be considered worthy to be recorded.

Reactions: lilFishy