A History of Factions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Heh, and people thought it was only Obi who was bad.

Looks like a lot more people got banned for the same reasons he did.

Okay, back to main topic. Did anyone mention Void Templar yet?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Okay, back to main topic. Did anyone mention Void Templar yet?
    Yep, there's some stuff from VT on there. If you've got more, feel free to add it, though. Everything I remember is already up there.

Reaction score
    Hey mind fixing the part event horizon leaving the pact even though they werent in it? Nuclear's revival of the faction was never counted in, thats why you never saw them fighting, talking, or even remotely associating themselves with us....

Reaction score
    Hey mind fixing the part event horizon leaving the pact even though they werent in it? Nuclear's revival of the faction was never counted in, thats why you never saw them fighting, talking, or even remotely associating themselves with us....
    Just out of interest...did you join this forum only to make negative & angry comments in a period of 10 minutes or did you genuinely want to be part of the community...
    P.S Saw quite a few Event Horizon ships a couple of months back, were quite cool, remember for a time they were partial enemies of NFD and then that sort of evened out.
    P.P.S Please reinforce your information with facts. Thanks.

Reaction score
    Just out of interest...did you join this forum only to make negative & angry comments in a period of 10 minutes or did you genuinely want to be part of the community...
    P.S Saw quite a few Event Horizon ships a couple of months back, were quite cool, remember for a time they were partial enemies of NFD and then that sort of evened out.
    I have supported it with facts, and yet they refuse to edit it. I dont understand how a faction could be in the pact without the leaders consent, if he is the sole leader...

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    The "facts" you provided are easily disproven as anything more than an attempt at rewriting history to save face.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have supported it with facts, and yet they refuse to edit it. I dont understand how a faction could be in the pact without the leaders consent, if he is the sole leader...
    Oh great, another alt.

Look, unless you provide us with actual proof that we can see instead of just causing trouble, I'm sure we would be glad to edit.

Gosh, is there anything mature from Odium?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The "facts" you provided are easily disproven as anything more than an attempt at rewriting history to save face.
    As an Odium member since CR first joined, I am backing what he is saying.

Event Horizon, though TECHNICALLY a part of Pact due to Ridik, are de-facto not a part of it. Their inactivity on TS and all other official Odium communication channel makes them a "might as well not be there" group.

I have yet to see them participate in any fleet ops, war, or even talk until Nuclear appeared on the forum recently. So if it is to be viewed like this, EH's existence during that "gap" between ridik's invite and a reviving EH raises some.... Doubts in my eyes.

Might be due to my timezone, but for my time in CR, I have not seen a SINGLE member of EH on Vaygr or Odium TS.

The "new" EH is not a part of Odium. The "old" EH was so inactive it's existence alone could be questioned, let alone participation. Once again, this is my interpretation of the event, based on my narrow point of view (as I am but 1 person with weird timezone (Australian))
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435405431,1435404993][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Believe it or not, as an supposed "Odium member" I have not seen an event Horizon ship since..... Forever.

Nor have I ever talked to Nuclear on TS... Or any EH member on TS.... Nor have I seen them in fleet ops against anything.... Nor have I even have Zoro, TwoNiner, Aceface, mention that "Event Horizon" will be participating in any Pact activity.

Then EH also claimed in their thread that Odium used Event Horizon's name as a "fear weapon", which I find absolutely ridiculous since a faction seldom talked about since a week ago does not even cause " fear" in any way.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435405917][/DOUBLEPOST]Direct quotation from Nuclear's thread.
    "
    1. So Odium. Quit using EH as your scare weapon. Cause we're our own entity.
    2. And to be brutally honest
    3. You should be scared of us.

4. On behalf of the Event Horizon Leadership Old and New.
    5. Nuclear Doughnut
    "

I have not ever seen anyone of us use EH as our scare weapon.

This shows that there are already an element of exaggeration possibly involved in Nuclear's thread/ declaration.

------

You might then say, nuclear have nothing to gain from using their technical (and only 'technical") membership and renouncing it, it is wrong.

The current nature of the forum is almost cold war level mentality of "us or them". By renouncing their already " questionable" membership, they gain publicity which they can then use to recruit more like minded member.

Having people feverantly defending them shows that it is working quite well.

Combine that with a ridik style "we will accept refugees" thread which indicates their hope of an iminent collapse of Odium and a pre-empt acceptance of potential members could indicate that the long term inactivity have not benefitted them at all, and they lack the publicity necessary on the forum to gain members. Thus resorting to the action they have taken.

PS: Even IF they have a high number of members in-game, I believe their lack of forum presence is a reasonable motive. Since it can be assumed all faction wants.... "growth" so to speak.

--------------------

A bit of guess work, combined with me never seeing EH on Odium related channel lead to me drawing this conclusion. Debate it if you want, ignore it if you want. This is my point of view as a CR member.

At this rate, I might as well find the time where NFD (Then DFN) was allied to CR and declare "I QUITZ" to get some attention because sure as hell this is what it looks like right now.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435406104][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yep, there's some stuff from VT on there. If you've got more, feel free to add it, though. Everything I remember is already up there.
    Thanks, VT should never be forgotten. Such good times had been had and I miss Claru. :(

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I still don't see why it's such a big problem for Nuclear to clarify the fact that EH is not in Odium. If EH never was as far as Odium cares just let it go and know yet another person has come who doesn't like the Odium as group.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Oh great, another alt.

Look, unless you provide us with actual proof that we can see instead of just causing trouble, I'm sure we would be glad to edit.

Gosh, is there anything mature from Odium?
    In this case, the lack of evidence might makes his point.

Since when after Ridik's Odium thread did EH get mentioned? Apart from copy pasta and never proof read faction OPs.....
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435408688,1435407595][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I still don't see why it's such a big problem for Nuclear to clarify the fact that EH is not in Odium. If EH never was as far as Odium cares just let it go and know yet another person has come who doesn't like the Odium as group.

There is a difference between clarification and slander.

Reading the EH "declaration" is cringe worthy, it is both massive exaggeration and attention seeking. Not to mention hypocrisy involved.

"Our History Forgotten by Odium.
    We're Unknown to Blackhawk.
    Written off by Vaygr"

Of course EH is forgotten, they were inactive and a member of Odium in name only.

Unknown to Blackhawk: WELL NAH, you were inactive, and mentioning EH at that point was considered a WASTE of time.

And of course, we written EH off as inactive, but a de-facto member nonetheless.

"You expect us to fight for your causes and your wars.
    You expect us to jump at your commands
    But we have had ENOUGH"

No, we never expected anything from an inactive faction. Expecting you guys to fight any war for us or even log onto TS is like expecting entirety of Texas to become homosexuals or the pope becoming a Protestant.

Also, you said "we forgot you" and now you say "we abuse and order you around", funny aint it?

"We also declare our home server. Elwyn Eternity, a safe haven for those who have been attacked in wasteful and pointless wars of the Pact.
    There are those who will believe that I am being influenced by others.
    I am not. I have personally spoken with other Ancient EH members that have come to the same conclusion given the state of what the pact has done.
    So Odium. Quit using EH as your scare weapon. Cause we're our own entity.
    And to be brutally honest
    You should be scared of us."

And this bit.

"Quit using EH as a scare weapon".

Suddenly, EH is both written off, and used at the same time! STICK TO THE DAM STORY WONT YOU?

Then "you should be scared of us"..... To be brutally honest, have you finished telling two different stories yet? Because now you have successfully confused me on whether you just admitted you were forgotten, or didn't and say that we remembered and used EH.

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I'm confused how my username was spelt wrong when you can read it on the side lol :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Last time I checked, Blackhawk's Odium Pact thread was not copypasta with no proof reading.
    So to ask again, have any Odium fcations use EH's name ever apart from in faction OPs which are cut and pasted?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    So to ask again, have any Odium fcations use EH's name ever apart from in faction OPs which are cut and pasted?
    Have Odium factions ever used Vaygr named apart from in faction OPs which are cut and pasted?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Have Odium factions ever used Vaygr named apart from in faction OPs which are cut and pasted?
    Well, yes. Their presence in most fleet op is one thing. So occasionally, you might see something on the lines of "Zoro and Vaygr as well as CR attacked XYZ".

There should be some YouTube vids hanging around where CR and Vaygr fought together as well.

They are also present on TS and other channels.

This is why I am questioning EH's right to declare " they leave", because they are in due to Ridik alone, but might as well be out since they sat on their hands and did nothing for Odium. They are in in name only, but that declaration makes them look like an active member of Odium, which is saying the Pope is an Active member of a strip club.

To add insult to injury, their declaration said that we abuses them, and used them like tools AND forgot them at the same time.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    did nothing for Odium
    Odium-Concord War. It was basically EH and Euro-corp (basically just Ridik and Leanson iirc) versus Laz and DFN, because Vaygr never got directly involved. Fun facts.

It's also kinda hard to say whether they were active or not since the last time I saw Doughnut, he was running his own small Build server (during which time, Vaygr was entirely inactive in SM), so it's kinda hard to prove they were active in "mainstream" servers.

It's kinda hard to argue that EH was never in the Pact due to not being active when they have basically the same track record as Vaygr for activity in SM.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Odium-Concord War. It was basically EH and Euro-corp (basically just Ridik and Leanson iirc) versus Laz and DFN, because Vaygr never got directly involved. Fun facts.

It's also kinda hard to say whether they were active or not since the last time I saw Doughnut, he was running his own small Build server (during which time, Vaygr was entirely inactive in SM), so it's kinda hard to prove they were active in "mainstream" servers.

It's kinda hard to argue that EH was never in the Pact due to not being active when they have basically the same track record as Vaygr for activity in SM.
    How long ago was this war?

The problem is, while they we re active, there is this massive gap between then and now that EH vanished from Odium, from Zoro and all, which explains the massive "shock" everyone received when that declaration was made. Given the cold war esque nature of forums as well..... Shit escalated quickly.