A History of Factions

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Forum action by administrators should not be included as "faction" history.
    Actions such as a faction leader getting banned have political ramifications and should remain on the document.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Actions such as a faction leader getting banned have political ramifications and should remain on the document.
    But is the ramification so significant unless everyone regurgitates it over and over?

And also, is that ramification so great that it deserve mentioning, since Odium at this point feels like Public Enemy no.2...

(No.1 reserves for doomcubers)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    You only get an agree due to that last part Mort.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    But is the ramification so significant unless everyone regurgitates it over and over?
    Well, there needs to be a listed reason as to why you can not contact the Leader of a faction on the forums, where most people would go to first to send PMs (cause ingame PMs are laughable). Skype does not count as an alternative, because contact needs to be established to get that, same for TS and other off-forum things save for an official faction forums (I am aware Vaygr has one of those, but I'm also pretty damn sure they dont use it).

If you really need to, comprise somehow and take out the word "ban" and re-imagine it, but it is still fairly relevant.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Look if FD or Jaas got banned it would be in there to.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well, there needs to be a listed reason as to why you can not contact the Leader of a faction on the forums, where most people would go to first to send PMs (cause ingame PMs are laughable). Skype does not count as an alternative, because contact needs to be established to get that, same for TS and other off-forum things save for an official faction forums (I am aware Vaygr has one of those, but I'm also pretty damn sure they dont use it).

If you really need to, comprise somehow and take out the word "ban" and re-imagine it, but it is still fairly relevant.

Hmm.... Well, with a new faction OP, and a new "forum rep", the difference is not there.

Till someone repeats it over and over to every single new player through " history projects'.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435272903,1435272859][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I most certainly hope so that everyone is treated equal, but including it sets a precedent for a lot of stupid stuff to occur.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Stupid stuff will only occur if stupid people do it, lets all keep this clean and act like adults here.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    new "forum rep"
    I find that hilarious in some ways. It's kinda off topic, but we all know Zoro is still prancing around with an alt going on his own thing. Graves isn't a new rep, he's just kinda holding the post so they can do their rare edits.

Specifically, I was talking about from Server > Forums. If you are on server and find issue with the faction's members, you would (sometimes) want to contact the leader. So it either needs to be listed here, or people will have to regurgitate it so that everyone knows. It speaks a lot about the leader as I said earlier, and would have some impact and those who might be interesting in joining them or the Pact (and probably why they want it hidden away).

I honestly don't care either way, but just because it isn't important to Odium doesn't mean it isn't important to everyone. It's a political thing, and is important to those who handle politics (laughable they may be, but they still exist).

This is bugging me now, but didn't Aceface get banned last week with the bunch of people? He went dead silent (he was doing a post every day or so) for the week everyone was gone and appeared again within a few hours of me getting back. I could be wrong, but those times line up, and Jaas was banned for the same event, which apparently is mentioned within the doc (I didnt see anything about it).

This is just me thinking, finish drawing the lines for me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    We will agree to disagree.

I still think forum activity should not be included. Perhaps a second history thread will help by providing the views of both party.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    A faction should have no reason to hide or shy away from ANY history regardless of where it took place, wanting one part of something but not another speaks loudly on its own.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    A faction should have no reason to hide or shy away from ANY history regardless of where it took place, wanting one part of something but not another speaks loudly on its own.

Rather than hide and shy away, I simply find it a pointless event till repeated constantly. Which this "history thread" aims to do.

As I said, we will agree to disagree. Though as a "balance", I suggest we also write " in that incident, leaders/ members of Thryn were also temporarily banned from Starmade dock due to their involvement".

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Mort you are the only one repeating this, I don't understand.
    I just find it silly to include it, lol, then got carried away in forum argument.

Apologies.

Now, back in topic, do we include 1 v 1 "sparring" matches in history? While two faction was at war, we used alts to fight it out in fighters.

No assets lost, and it was fun, but is it "relevant" enough?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Considering you both used alts in what I guess was an attempt to keep it just a friendly competition and irrelevant to either involved faction. I would say it would be irrelevant to the faction history.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Considering you both used alts in what I guess was an attempt to keep it just a friendly competition and irrelevant to either involved faction. I would say it would be irrelevant to the faction history.
    Oko.

We need more pew pew and less forum warz, lol.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    If forum activity was not included, there will be no explanation for most of the actions faction leaders made, no proof to prove who "won", and half of the history wouldn't even be there.

Sidetracking a bit, but, we have quite a list of infamous leaders, obviously some who have been dealt with on these forums. That definitely matters.

Reactions: Mortiferum
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If forum activity was not included, there will be no explanation for most of the actions faction leaders made, no proof to prove who "won", and half of the history wouldn't even be there.

Sidetracking a bit, but, we have quite a list of infamous leaders, obviously some who have been dealt with on these forums. That definitely matters.

True :p

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    As I said, we will agree to disagree. Though as a "balance", I suggest we also write " in that incident, leaders/ members of Thryn were also temporarily banned from Starmade dock due to their involvement".
    Maybe my memory is failing, but I thought the reason some of Thryn was banned was due to a different matter entirely to the Zoro/black banning? Flaming on CR thread is not akin to posting player information on chat without content. Could just be my memory failing though, which it is apt to do.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Maybe my memory is failing, but I thought the reason some of Thryn was banned was due to a different matter entirely to the Zoro/black banning? Flaming on CR thread is not akin to posting player information on chat without content. Could just be my memory failing though, which it is apt to do.

Probably my memory failing, I am under the impression that Zoro and Black got banned for flaming, then Thryn members got involved.

I could be wrong.