yoyo industries shipyard

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Inspiration post for people to steal my idea's. Don't have a lot of time to build all the time and sometimes inspiration is just not there so enjoy what ive build.

Reactions: aceface

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    99 salvage output miner for server use. Works pretty good and had a lot of spare room inside to make a crazy interior.
    1587815335879.png 1587815344281.png 1587815352681.png
    cargo bay
    1587815399573.png 1587815410117.png 1587815425558.png
    entrance to the ship near cargo bay. with entrance to 2 maintenance corridors. 1587815448885.png
    view from maintenance corridor
    1587815513609.png
    maintenance corridor moves outside and under the ships engines. going into another service corridor 1587815544434.png
    1587815587084.png
    moving from here into another maintenance corridor.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    your ships are so simple shapes yet look soooo good. wish i could learn how to do that. Whats your usual workflow for building a new ship?

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    your ships are so simple shapes yet look soooo good. wish i could learn how to do that. Whats your usual workflow for building a new ship?
    Thanks for the compliment!

Useally I have some sort of shape in my head which I use as reference (It never looks the way i imagined by the time i finish). Some fun idea's i try to implement with eachother in one ship and then build the rest in between.

I always start with the white Armor plates cause this gives you the best image of what its gonna look like in the end. once i got these worked out i start with some rough shapes of the dark grey standard. 9/10 times i start with the engines cause these have a very basic shape in my mind which makes it easy to build and this gives you a good image of the back of the ship.
    The part i struggle the most with is the front. cause trying to detail a flat front is a challenge to keep it interesting. Thats why ive started working with more assymetry with my newer ships like you see above. takes some more work but in the end it pays off.

(I also always work with the same 6 blocks in my inventory bar. when im building the outside these never leave the belt: Grey hull, Dark grey hull, white hull, Grey standard, dark grey standard, white standard and sometimes grey advanced)

I hope that answers your question. If not feel free to ask some additional questions!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Thanks for the compliment!

Useally I have some sort of shape in my head which I use as reference (It never looks the way i imagined by the time i finish). Some fun idea's i try to implement with eachother in one ship and then build the rest in between.

I always start with the white Armor plates cause this gives you the best image of what its gonna look like in the end. once i got these worked out i start with some rough shapes of the dark grey standard. 9/10 times i start with the engines cause these have a very basic shape in my mind which makes it easy to build and this gives you a good image of the back of the ship.
    The part i struggle the most with is the front. cause trying to detail a flat front is a challenge to keep it interesting. Thats why ive started working with more assymetry with my newer ships like you see above. takes some more work but in the end it pays off.

(I also always work with the same 6 blocks in my inventory bar. when im building the outside these never leave the belt: Grey hull, Dark grey hull, white hull, Grey standard, dark grey standard, white standard and sometimes grey advanced)

I hope that answers your question. If not feel free to ask some additional questions!
    thanks! so basically you start off with the plates to match the general shape of what youve thought of then you do the silhouette parts (dark grey standard) afterwards? Yee I reaaaally love the plate style you and Tshara do and have wanted to for a long time to be able to make without looking like a bunch of squares attached to a grey blob XD

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Beautiful work! Very original hull designs, and extreme, Thsara-esque level of cleanness in execution, with nice subtle details.

Love the uniform white-on-grey color scheme of your fleet! Looking forward to a closer look of the other ships too.

Also, consider this perfect nebular gas intake design stolen, I'm using it from now:

Intakes.png

Last edited:

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Running out of finished ships really quick. (technically this one isnt finished either) If there is interest i can bring in older designs into this thread. but for now... this is my light cruiser. around 70k mass ship.
    1587990862754.png
    1587990878526.png 1587990889251.png
    1587990912078.png 1587991288649.png
    Engines
    1587990958529.png
    special picture with close-up to intakes.
    1587990989381.png
    fleet overview.
    I started building this ship around 3 years ago this was before i got extremely busy with school/college. The ship has been build over the past 3 years with small changes between updates of the game. Interior is far outdated to the new interiors im building now, Systems are even worse. The exterior of the ship is mostly done but still missing some details on the belly of the ship.
    1587991023637.png

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    thanks! so basically you start off with the plates to match the general shape of what youve thought of then you do the silhouette parts (dark grey standard) afterwards? Yee I reaaaally love the plate style you and Tshara do and have wanted to for a long time to be able to make without looking like a bunch of squares attached to a grey blob XD
    Yes thats the way i do it, and believe me i also have a lot of times were the shape just doesnt work out and i move back a few steps. thats why it takes me hours to just get a general shape.
    Beautiful work! Very original hull designs, and extreme, Thasra-esque level of cleanness in execution, with nice subtle details.

Love the uniform white-on-grey color scheme of your fleet! Looking forward to a closer look of the other ships too.

Also, consider this perfect nebular gas intake design stolen, I'm using it from now:

View attachment 56511
    Im looking forward to a screenshot from you with intakes on a ship.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Running out of finished ships really quick. (technically this one isnt finished either) If there is interest i can bring in older designs into this thread. but for now... this is my light cruiser. around 70k mass ship.
    View attachment 56514
    View attachment 56515View attachment 56516
    View attachment 56517View attachment 56521
    Engines
    View attachment 56518
    special picture with close-up to intakes.
    View attachment 56519
    fleet overview.
    I started building this ship around 3 years ago this was before i got extremely busy with school/college. The ship has been build over the past 3 years with small changes between updates of the game. Interior is far outdated to the new interiors im building now, Systems are even worse. The exterior of the ship is mostly done but still missing some details on the belly of the ship.
    View attachment 56520

I remembered this thread, and realized that I forgot to give credit to Yoyo2901, for the inspiration that his work provided for a fleet I released this year.

I'm on record on this thread saying that I intend to steal a certain very appealing intake design Yoyo came up with, to which he replied that he would wish to see my interpretation of it, once finished. So here's a fellowup on that, even if a bit late.

I didn't forget the fact that I specifically started building the flagship to try to approximate that splendid intake design, but looking back at the ships shown in this thread, I was actually surprised how some other aspects of them were also recreated subconsciously in the fleet (like the white-on-darkgrey color scheme, and the elegant minimalism in microdetailing and overall structure).

I edited the download pages of both the systemed flagship as well as the fleet's shell bundle, to give credit where it's due, linking back here.

I'd love to see the fleet shown in this thread finished, and until then, here's a picture of my own fleet's flagship - thank you for the inspiration:

1617642763933.png

Last edited: