Wild Space Explorers

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    The ultimate building tip!

Love your stuff.
    Minor notes:
    -Water might be a better&permeable forcefield behind or INSIDE the cargo door in the smaller cargo hauler
    -Making the water-forcefield in the bigger ship into a docked entity will let you pass the docking rails from the main ship THROUGH them. This stops a lot of AI-docking ramming problems by extending he anchor point outside the collide-able ship frame.

:P If you get the time, do some critiques of the abandonware ship hull I 2/3 finished in my sig. You might motivate me to bother re-installing and becoming active again.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Love your stuff.
    Minor notes:
    -Water might be a better&permeable forcefield behind or INSIDE the cargo door in the smaller cargo hauler
    -Making the water-forcefield in the bigger ship into a docked entity will let you pass the docking rails from the main ship THROUGH them. This stops a lot of AI-docking ramming problems by extending he anchor point outside the collide-able ship frame.

:P If you get the time, do some critiques of the abandonware ship hull I 2/3 finished in my sig. You might motivate me to bother re-installing and becoming active again.
    I considered the water for the small cargo vessel. You can’t turn that on and off though.

As for the bigger build. The water was docked. Its not shown on the vid though. Even had lights on the docked water for the glow.

I'll take a look at the ship.

Reactions: DrTarDIS

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    As for the bigger build. The water was docked. Its not shown on the vid though. Even had lights on the docked water for the glow.
    Oh cool. I just saw the stubby upwards column of rails with a pickup on to inside the hangar and though "oh my, telling a fleet to dock to that = FUn" and ASSuMEd that you had issues passing the rails outside the hitbox throuh the water. My bad!

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Thanks for that. I was actually hoping to see how you reacted to walking around in the enclosed areas, and weather the "tutorial rooms" properly conveyed information to you in a way you understood to modify or repair those systems if they broke. Did they work for you in that way? Was the "floating text" labels over the doorways etc... useful in a navigating what is walk-accesible in that version you looked at?

I might have uploaded the wrong version to the dock based off the one I see in your video, the "open" cargobay is a version around 8-12 workhours behind the actual recent save(it should be enclosed with "gravity elevators" on either side of the walk-up ramp). The lack of a single mining drone docked to the right-front dronerack is also telling of that version mismatch. Bad organization from me, I apologize for that.

I'll have to rescue the saves from the backup HDD and do a comparison to make sure it's the "new" version on the dock, so thanks much for pointing that bit out indirectly!

Good generic advise on the breakdown of workflow and concentrating on individual parts!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    If this doesn’t deserve full stars, I don’t know what would.

Thank you.
    Couple of points, the front airlock is controlled through the security room opposite the waiting room. You missed it on the way through.
    After watching you access it I might have to add an auto close to the airlock...
    I have my Graphics Field of View set at 95 which allows the screens in front of the core to be clearly seen.
    The shootout rails reset themselves when their ships redock.
    The Heavy Miner underneath has a bunch of access corridors, there's a launch control room and cargo area for it as well.
    Once again thanks for the review.

Reactions: docpenguindoc
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I'm not surprised I missed things. Its such a large and detailed build. Loved every minute of walking through it.