Wild Space Explorers

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    A new adventure awaits. I’m entering the treacherous waters of the multiplayer survival server.
    Let’s see where this adventure takes us.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Valck and Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    After my single player survival universe died I decided to release the big asteroids I used in this series as a download for people to do with as they wish.

Always wanted to build an asteroid base? Now here is your chance to do so. I’d love to see what people can come up with.

Have fun!

WS AsteroidField MK1

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Two projects to show today.
    A collaboration build I started with Raiben and some more progress on the interior of the Radiant Dawn.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Your ship, the Radiant Dawn, reminds me of multiple sci-fi ships like Battlestar Galactica, stuff from Wing Commander 3 and Homneworld 1&2.

I have a really hard time to give a like though, as my building style and ship ideals and designs are completely alien (would be even more alien If I knew more and had more patience to work with logic systems). So my concept of spaceships has altered so drastically that I can no longer really appreciate stuff that has windowed non-blastdoor-having bridges, visible exhausts, asymmetric shapes (blame KSP) and way too much greeble and colors.

However. I like the logic stuff and it's something I wish I had more patience to learn and work with because currently the only logic system I know of is with two hand-iconed buttons, two flat plug iconed signals, one curved iconed signal (AND-signal I think) and a delay signal to make a toggle switch for my salvage array(s), everything else is manual. Heck I don't even use turrets but that's for personal reasons of wanting to hit the target myself.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Your ship, the Radiant Dawn, reminds me of multiple sci-fi ships like Battlestar Galactica, stuff from Wing Commander 3 and Homneworld 1&2.

I have a really hard time to give a like though, as my building style and ship ideals and designs are completely alien (would be even more alien If I knew more and had more patience to work with logic systems). So my concept of spaceships has altered so drastically that I can no longer really appreciate stuff that has windowed non-blastdoor-having bridges, visible exhausts, asymmetric shapes (blame KSP) and way too much greeble and colors.

However. I like the logic stuff and it's something I wish I had more patience to learn and work with because currently the only logic system I know of is with two hand-iconed buttons, two flat plug iconed signals, one curved iconed signal (AND-signal I think) and a delay signal to make a toggle switch for my salvage array(s), everything else is manual. Heck I don't even use turrets but that's for personal reasons of wanting to hit the target myself.
    I feel like in the middle part of your message you just beat around the bush of saying that you didn't like his ships because they weren't yours or done they way you do them. Seems at least to me, that would fall under the, "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all."

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I feel like in the middle part of your message you just beat around the bush of saying that you didn't like his ships because they weren't yours or done they way you do them. Seems at least to me, that would fall under the, "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all."
    But I had nice to say which was basically: The creativity to even come up with those designs (and logic systems!).

Period. I'm not gonna argue here. Was just my way of expressing my honest thoughts and no offence was meant when writing that post.

EDIT: Nope, not gonna let old boll yotz rage derail things.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Everybody is free to have their own opinion. Most ships in star made will be science fiction though. With emphasis on fiction.
    Could be fun to try to build something ultra-realistic but it would be a bit to limiting for my own taste.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Everybody is free to have their own opinion. Most ships in star made will be science fiction though. With emphasis on fiction.
    Could be fun to try to build something ultra-realistic but it would be a bit to limiting for my own taste.
    You keep doing what you're doing. I'm doing what I'm doing. If it wasn't for Anubis Evo's post getting my rage up in a second and being beyond irritated of my own mental dren (still feel like horribly mangling and mutilating Anubis Evo with a Chaos Dreadnought's fist). Bleagh. So sick of it that I'm not kidding when I say. I gotta leave the damn forums for my own good or have this mental issue shit genetically edited out of my frelling piece of dren system.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Something a bit different today. Have a ship showcase...
    Thanks again for this great little showcase of my ship! :)

I wanted to mention that I didn't react to it on youtube only because I don't have a "DeepspaceMechanic" youtube account. Other than that, I'm happy that you liked some of the features of this spacecraft, and I agree with your suggestions about possible improvements. But the truth is, this ship was just my try in speed-building, because I never really started building a ship with the intention of finishing it as fast as possible. I usually spend much time thinking about the overall design of a ship before I start building it, and I also often change lots and lots of things throughout the long process of construction. With this ship, on the other hand, I wanted to know the feeling of completing a larger ship in a matter of a few days only. A more serious upload is to be expected in the near future.

I’ve been practicing my home decoration skills and made some excellent progress on the interior of the Radiant Dawn.
    You really done excellent work with your new ship! I'm truly amazed how well the progress goes. It really puts me into a good mind-state when I see hallways or dining areas decorated so nicely. I especially like relatively "unimportant" areas like the water-refreshment engineering room. Places like that within a ship really gives us the feeling that the ship is actually trying to keep itself and its crew alive. As if the ship is always making sure that every necessary process is on-going within it, so that nothing can go wrong. That is very cool in my opinion. Keep up the good work! :)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Thanks again for this great little showcase of my ship! :)

I wanted to mention that I didn't react to it on youtube only because I don't have a "DeepspaceMechanic" youtube account. Other than that, I'm happy that you liked some of the features of this spacecraft, and I agree with your suggestions about possible improvements. But the truth is, this ship was just my try in speed-building, because I never really started building a ship with the intention of finishing it as fast as possible. I usually spend much time thinking about the overall design of a ship before I start building it, and I also often change lots and lots of things throughout the long process of construction. With this ship, on the other hand, I wanted to know the feeling of completing a larger ship in a matter of a few days only. A more serious upload is to be expected in the near future.
    Speed building can get you some very unique concepts. I noticed that as well with the second fleet I submitted for the contest. It was build a lot faster and in a flight of fancy. It became more popular than the first fleet I submitted that I put more thought in.
    And your welcome. I enjoyed doing the showcase.

You really done excellent work with your new ship! I'm truly amazed how well the progress goes. It really puts me into a good mind-state when I see hallways or dining areas decorated so nicely. I especially like relatively "unimportant" areas like the water-refreshment engineering room. Places like that within a ship really gives us the feeling that the ship is actually trying to keep itself and its crew alive. As if the ship is always making sure that every necessary process is on-going within it, so that nothing can go wrong. That is very cool in my opinion. Keep up the good work! :)
    Call me Martha stewart.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Call me Martha stewart.
    Haha. I wasn't familiar with the meaning of the Martha Stewart reference, but I came to understand it after a little research. So basically, one who is often preoccupied with making interior spaces neat, organized, cozy or pleasant in atmosphere, qualifies as a Martha Stewart-type... I guess I could be called that way too then :D

But in some respects, there's a difference: engineering areas, dominated by cold steel and hot hydraulic oil, can not be neat and cozy in the way as a dining hall or dorm room can be. In those cases one doesn't appreciate the mood of the place like "Wow, I would really like to live here", but rather in a way like "Wow, this place gives me that mysterious feeling like when watching the Alien films". - So the interiors of starmade ships have the potential to put people in many different kinds of pleasant mind-states.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    But in some respects, there's a difference: engineering areas, dominated by cold steel and hot hydraulic oil, can not be neat and cozy in the way as a dining hall or dorm room can be. In those cases one doesn't appreciate the mood of the place like "Wow, I would really like to live here", but rather in a way like "Wow, this place gives me that mysterious feeling like when watching the Alien films". - So the interiors of starmade ships have the potential to put people in many different kinds of pleasant mind-states.
    Heh, my ships have this cold feel I consider cozy so not much in the way of tables, beds or whatever one would have in the household. Just a replicator unit, transporter, larger healing unit and a sleeping pod somewhere. Buttons, screens, servers and lights where need be and that's about usually it. I don't even use conventional means of a bridge or a CIC, instead I just have a one larger pod around the core in a main room with computers and in that pod is the pilot's piloting seat preinstalled with a med unit and a console and a display exclusively for the pilot. Why have many pilots and operators in the same large room when you can have one pilot/captain/commander in a shell thus truly fitting the term of the Unbound (A thing from Homeworld games) because of the pod making the ship be the extension of pilot's body.

That's just how I see and do things and in no frelling/frakking/gorram way is it some sort "trying to change others to fit my needs" thing. That was one of the main reasons I lost my cool so fast over Anubis Evo's post. However I am beyond frustration and furious that I am in the minority here.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    That's just how I see and do things and in no frelling/frakking/gorram way is it some sort "trying to change others to fit my needs" thing.
    No problem at all, my friend, we understand your approach for what it is - you just expressed your own personal taste in ships. It's perfectly fine that everyone has his or her own unique preference in interior design. What qualifies as cozy or moody or cool in any way for different people can differ largely, I know that. Like I said, my favorite interior mood is a sort of mysterious, even a little bit suspense-full atmosphere (like for example in the Alien films), while I know some would think that an environment like that is just creepy.

The way you described your ideal interior sounds great, but the only dissatisfaction I have with it is that it suggests an interior of small dimensions. I like when there's lots and lots of different compartments to explore inside a spacecraft, and also when we get the illusion that there are or were many people living inside it. - In sort, I prefer the interior to be realistic: to have all the basic needs for a number of people to survive in it, and for them to be able to do relevant daily tasks... Also a realistic interior should contain the make-believe machinery that is necessary for the ship to keep itself functioning properly. That's about the summary of my personal likes. And Tshara's ships absolutely fit my standards, much more so than my own ships.

That being said, I really like your ships too - I checked and read through your own shipyard thread, and discovered that we are very similar personalities. Keep up the good work with your current salvager project, it looks epic, and deserves the attention of the community! :)

PS: Feel free to send me a private message with your reactions - I believe it would be better not to take up the space here at Tshara's shipyard with our off-topic thoughts.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The ship is so close to completion. Showing the last bit of interior today and discussing my plans for the upcoming ship release.
    Great job!
    I wanted to ask what is that block with the zig-zag pattern that you use as decoration on your walls?
    I never used a block type with that texture before, and somehow I couldn't find it in creative mode.
    (Or more precisely, I actually found something similar that could not be placed on ships - perhaps with a Build-block?)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Great job!
    I wanted to ask what is that block with the zig-zag pattern that you use as decoration on your walls?
    I never used a block type with that texture before, and somehow I couldn't find it in creative mode.
    (Or more precisely, I actually found something similar that could not be placed on ships - perhaps with a Build-block?)
    That'd be girders. They are relatively new and found up near the rest of the decoration blocks.

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic